Raiders WR Tyrell Williams placed on IR

RaidersAreOne

This really blows. Sounds like he's had this injury twice before in his career and isn't opting for surgery. I don't expect him to be effective with a bum shoulder. Dude just can't stay healthy for us. We save $11.6 M if we cut him next off season, which I expect to happen. 

We're going to run with a super young WR Corp in Ruggs, Renfrow, Bryan Edwards, Agholor, Zay Jones, Rico Gafford, etc. 

21 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

This really blows. Sounds like he's had this injury twice before in his career and isn't opting for surgery. I don't expect him to be effective with a bum shoulder. Dude just can't stay healthy for us. We save $11.6 M if we cut him next off season, which I expect to happen. 

We're going to run with a super young WR Corp in Ruggs, Renfrow, Bryan Edwards, Agholor, Zay Jones, Rico Gafford, etc. 

That's still a solid looking young group especially if Ruggs and Edwards can play. Factor in our pretty good TE situation and Jacobs at RB and you've got the making of a good group of skill players. If the line holds up and Carr can be himself, this will be an interesting offense. 

would almost rather he not tough it out if he's going to be hampered out there, and just let Edwards have his growing pains at the X. can lean on Jacobs/Waller/Renfrow while Ruggs and Edwards get more comfortable as the main guys outside. if he ends up feeling better, have him come in as a designated deep guy like he was for the Chargers, instead of trying to turn him into a #1 type

Edited by Turnobili

On 8/25/2020 at 10:00 AM, RaidersAreOne said:

Is it the same shoulder? Labrums are tough, if it’s the same shoulder you’d almost want him to get the surgery just for his own well being. 

I actually like the Raiders’ receiving group even without Williams. Could be a great building year for a young squad.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

He played his last game as a Raider. He had zero dead money if cut next year and we save $11M.

I think that contract ended how most thought it would. As a fan of a team that shelled out a ton of money for Jerick McKinnon when it was trying to make itself better, I understand the impetus for it, but sometimes you just know a contract is bad when it gets signed.