Rams at Dallas: LP's and Doug Frees

HDsportsfan

30 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Dak has missed throws, both forced by pressure and also with time in the pocket. But he did that last year in wins as well. Difference is when Dallas loses, all missed throws are magnified. Does Dak deserve some blame for our losses? Of course, he is the QB. but a far bigger drop-off has been in most the other areas of Dallas game.  If not for the emergence of D Lawrence, this Defense would be the worst we have had in a decade IMO. If you guys want Dak and the offense to play better, the tell the defense to force a punt once in a while. or get a turnover. 

It's not all defense. As Dirk Gently pointed out, the defense was placed in some pretty bad positions on Sunday. The Rams kicker set a record for most FGs kicked against the cowboys ever. Field goals. In a bend but don't break scheme. We were holding them.

Yes, like Dak, the defense had some issues.  It wasn't perfect. It still uses Jeff Heath after all. But by and large they held tough.  I believe 13 Rams points came from turning it over. While our DBs are dropping INTs like Anthony Brown did. It's offense, it's defense, and now Switzer and Pharoh Cooper have incorporated special teams. All three phases have flashed brilliance at times and all three units have failed the team miserably. It's been Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde and the team is 2-2 accordingly.

My issues with Dak are that all his TDs and big throws have come from the play breaking down and him running around. Rarely have I seen him make a throw from the pocket. Some may argue it's OL and they have had some hiccups but to many times Dak is seen hesitant in a clean pocket, even if we are missing Leary as predicted. Then Twill drops passes, Beasley is doubled, and you're left with Dez and Witten who, while talented, aren't separation guys. It's probably not fun for Dak looking down field. I still think Zeke is a stud and have issues with our play callers background, and experience as a run play/concept designer, given that his entire history is in the passing game. He even held the tittle "passing game coordinator" with us before becoming OC. He should be doing wonders with our passing game, and Dak going from lowly 4th rounder to what he is, I can't argue that he hasn't been great for us there.  I'm just worried that we have built our team for the run and have an OC that loves to pass. Dak has been great, but doesn't need to throw the ball 50 times. That's not the QB he is yet. I would seriously consider going back to last years game plan. Get him on the move more. He's deadly outside the pocket, and super accurate. Feed Zeke. Now is the time to get your money from your horse. I get that you have to constantly evolve but it seems like Linehan tried to fix something that wasn't broke this off season and it's had mixed results at best.

So yeah, long blabbering short, Defense, Offense, Special Teams, coaching (Marinelli included), US FANS for acting like we are the Browns after a 2-2 start(myself included), everyone associated with the Dallas Cowboys needs to get better.  If not, this looks like another Jason Garrett patent 8-8 year.

13 hours ago, DaBoys said:

It's not all defense. As Dirk Gently pointed out, the defense was placed in some pretty bad positions on Sunday. The Rams kicker set a record for most FGs kicked against the cowboys ever. Field goals. In a bend but don't break scheme. We were holding them.

Yes, like Dak, the defense had some issues.  It wasn't perfect. It still uses Jeff Heath after all. But by and large they held tough.  I believe 13 Rams points came from turning it over. While our DBs are dropping INTs like Anthony Brown did. It's offense, it's defense, and now Switzer and Pharoh Cooper have incorporated special teams. All three phases have flashed brilliance at times and all three units have failed the team miserably. It's been Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde and the team is 2-2 accordingly.

My issues with Dak are that all his TDs and big throws have come from the play breaking down and him running around. Rarely have I seen him make a throw from the pocket. Some may argue it's OL and they have had some hiccups but to many times Dak is seen hesitant in a clean pocket, even if we are missing Leary as predicted. Then Twill drops passes, Beasley is doubled, and you're left with Dez and Witten who, while talented, aren't separation guys. It's probably not fun for Dak looking down field. I still think Zeke is a stud and have issues with our play callers background, and experience as a run play/concept designer, given that his entire history is in the passing game. He even held the tittle "passing game coordinator" with us before becoming OC. He should be doing wonders with our passing game, and Dak going from lowly 4th rounder to what he is, I can't argue that he hasn't been great for us there.  I'm just worried that we have built our team for the run and have an OC that loves to pass. Dak has been great, but doesn't need to throw the ball 50 times. That's not the QB he is yet. I would seriously consider going back to last years game plan. Get him on the move more. He's deadly outside the pocket, and super accurate. Feed Zeke. Now is the time to get your money from your horse. I get that you have to constantly evolve but it seems like Linehan tried to fix something that wasn't broke this off season and it's had mixed results at best.

So yeah, long blabbering short, Defense, Offense, Special Teams, coaching (Marinelli included), US FANS for acting like we are the Browns after a 2-2 start(myself included), everyone associated with the Dallas Cowboys needs to get better.  If not, this looks like another Jason Garrett patent 8-8 year.

good post.

On 10/4/2017 at 1:32 PM, Dallas94Ware said:

Have you paid attention to what Dak is doing on most of his missed throws?

Running for his life. Being crushed by 270 pound men. Forcing throws because its a last ditch effort, do it now to win or lose situation. Throwing to targets who cant get freaking open no matter how much they have been paid to do so.

Sorry, but a few poor throws - i count 2, maybe 3 per game so far - when he is attempting to do everything on his own does not nearly overshadow everything else this poor kid is doing. This reminds me of that 3x 8-8 run where Romo was getting all the blame but had  no help as was doing it all on his own and his 2 or 3 bad throws a game became "the reason why this team sucks" to people on this forum.

As you yourself just said, context is everything.

Umm.. okay? This doesn't really have anything to do with what I was talking about. I didn't even go into "why" Dak's throws have not been on target, because it was totally irrelevant to what I was discussing. I could easily argue the point that Dak's accuracy has clearly been an issue, but I'm not going to do that because that would totally be going off on a tangent in regards to what I was wanting to discuss, and it's a topic that has been getting a lot of attention over the past week or so anyway. 

Bottom line, a high volume of targets that have gone Dez Bryant's way have not been catch able or have generally been of poor quality. The reason for that is totally a whole other discussion -- I was simply making the point that it's extreme to say that Dez isn't even a number one type of receiver simply because he hasn't had a high amount of production. Until someone actually illustrates a point about Dez's play in game, there isn't anything for the stance to stand on given the context behind the lack of production. 

Archived