Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War

showtime

Miami isn't a bad map, but it is too big for 6v6 IMO.  I like Satellite and Moscow.  I was actually surprised by how much I liked Satellite, but Dom works really well on it.  Haven't played the 12v12 maps yet.

Domination has easily been my favorite game mode, which makes me happy because I always preferred a good Dom over TDM or KC (although KC/Dom were tied in BO2).  Streaks are good, so far.  I like the weapons.  Quickscoping is kinda annoying, but it's COD.  

Overall it's a lot of fun.  Kinda get MW3 vibes from it.

Edited by iknowcool

This is a lot more cod than MW.... people who came to the series new in MW will hate it. 

Agree with @Heimdallr, in alpha it looks terrible on PS4 compared to MW. We'll see how that improves. Also, Tony Flame did come out last night and say they buffed sniping for this alpha specifically for testing because it was not crossplay (ie no PC)

Moscow is a good map. I really like satellite too - really good map for pub stomping. I think in 3 games I'm averaging 60+ kills on that one, dom and kill confirmed. Miami is underwhelming

I am going to play more tonight, but my initial thoughts

• gunplay has more of a cod feel than MW, TTK feels better, but the headshots do way too much damage
  • players that were new to MW will hate this game due to the less attention to detail of the guns and less realistic sounds (projecting this for launch based on alpha)
  • sliding is off - imo the sprint speed should be the same or faster than sliding, right now it's faster to slide all over the place and that is just an awful mechanic
  • maps show a lot more promise than MW
  • will see what spawns are like in Hardpoint today, but seems they are classic and not the dog**** that was in MW
  • Gunsmith is back with just as many attachments it seems, which I personally don't love, but understand it. Too many attachments just makes unnecessary confusion. Do we really need to have two attachments that do the same thing, once just does 5% increased ADS and the other does 10% with a slight negative? Over-complicated. 
  • will comment on the SBMM after playing more today, but from what I've heard, it's back as strong as MW. They need to find a middle ground to not piss off the long time players but still make it an enjoyable experience for newer players

All in all, enjoyable first day, will play more today.

This game kind of sucks to me.  Miami is like a map that I would expect to find in Modern Warfare.  This is better than MW, but that truly isn't saying much considering that MW is probably the worst CoD game ever made.

I might consider buying this at some point if the full game is better, but this holiday season is so packed.  Kind of hard to justify buying a game from this franchise with all the stuff going on in November.

6 hours ago, JBURGE said:

I am going to play more tonight, but my initial thoughts

• gunplay has more of a cod feel than MW, TTK feels better, but the headshots do way too much damage
  • players that were new to MW will hate this game due to the less attention to detail of the guns and less realistic sounds (projecting this for launch based on alpha)
  • sliding is off - imo the sprint speed should be the same or faster than sliding, right now it's faster to slide all over the place and that is just an awful mechanic
  • maps show a lot more promise than MW
  • will see what spawns are like in Hardpoint today, but seems they are classic and not the dog**** that was in MW
  • Gunsmith is back with just as many attachments it seems, which I personally don't love, but understand it. Too many attachments just makes unnecessary confusion. Do we really need to have two attachments that do the same thing, once just does 5% increased ADS and the other does 10% with a slight negative? Over-complicated. 
  • will comment on the SBMM after playing more today, but from what I've heard, it's back as strong as MW. They need to find a middle ground to not piss off the long time players but still make it an enjoyable experience for newer players

All in all, enjoyable first day, will play more today.

I’m torn on headshots. On one hand I love that it adds a new level of skill, especially since there is no flinch on this game, but it also makes gunfights feel very inconsistent. If you hit no headshots it is BO4 TTK, but if you hit 1-2 headshots it is MW TTK. Bery inconsistent. 

the Devs have commented that this is not the current build of the game, and all the streamers commented on sliding, so I hope that is fixed. Also, they apparently buffed the snipers from normal because there are no PC players right now, which is good to know because they are OP.

it sounds like every gun has a (large) set number of attachments, which I like. Some are sort of redundant, but more options are good in my opinion, even if they are just aesthetic. 

I like the maps a lot more than MW, but they do feel more cluttered and open than Treyarch’s normal maps. Sort of halfway between the black ops series and MW. Overall I’m fine with it and will like them more once I learn them more. Moscow is probably my favorite, except when there are a lot of snipers because of the long sight lines to the middle.

i feel like any comments on SBBM are premature because the normal matchmaking definitely isn’t initialized yet. But you should definitely expect it to be similar to the last 1-2 games. That is decided by the network develop and Activision, and Treyarxh will have almost no say in that. 

Overall I think the fundamental design decisions are the best in the history of COD, but I really need to see how it plays I. PS5 before I buy. The experience on OG PS4 was really bad. I’m sure I’ll pick this up when I get a PS5, but until then I mig he just wait.

hopefully they have a PC Beta that I can try.

4 hours ago, showtime said:

This game kind of sucks to me.  Miami is like a map that I would expect to find in Modern Warfare.  This is better than MW, but that truly isn't saying much considering that MW is probably the worst CoD game ever made.

I might consider buying this at some point if the full game is better, but this holiday season is so packed.  Kind of hard to justify buying a game from this franchise with all the stuff going on in November.

I thought you loved MW because the no dead silence stopped n00b rushers

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I feel like Ninja needs to be stronger.... the sound whoring is still legit even with ninja. 

also, wildcard balance... I can’t see any reason to use anything other than Perk Greed

• Like 1

16 hours ago, JBURGE said:

When did that post I wrote say anything about dead silence or hearing footsteps?  Pretty sure I mentioned maps in the game, which after playing MW for all that time, those maps where some of the worst ever.

I rush around whether people can hear my footsteps or not.  I don't listen for footsteps.