Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War

showtime

"To balance out cross-play sniping, we’ve brought back aim assist for snipers on controllers – something we haven’t had in Black Ops Multiplayer since Black Ops 2."

Ummmmmmmm. We'll see how this goes but this could be an absolute deal-breaker for me. Quickscoping was overpowered to begin with. Add in aim assist and this could be unplayable. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

"To balance out cross-play sniping, we’ve brought back aim assist for snipers on controllers – something we haven’t had in Black Ops Multiplayer since Black Ops 2."

Ummmmmmmm. We'll see how this goes but this could be an absolute deal-breaker for me. Quickscoping was overpowered to begin with. Add in aim assist and this could be unplayable. 

Black Ops 2 Quickscoping =/

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Scalamania said:

I absolutely love this game - anyone else enjoying it? After seeing everything negative on Reddit/YT this game has really surprised me. 

It feels a lot more cod than MW. I like it. Really not a fan of the maps in the beta though which kinda sucks. I will enjoy public matches more this year than last

• 4 weeks later...

I think I'm going to pass on this, at least at first.  I enjoyed the beta, but the game only shipping with 8 maps is a joke (only 3 are built for 6v6).  BO2 launched with 14 maps, 15 if you include Nuketown.  And damn near all of them were better than any of the Cold War maps I played in beta.

Just greedy and lazy

Edited by iknowcool

13 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

I think I'm going to pass on this, at least at first.  I enjoyed the beta, but the game only shipping with 8 maps is a joke (only 3 are built for 6v6).  BO2 launched with 14 maps, 15 if you include Nuketown.  And damn near all of them were better than any of the Cold War maps I played in beta.

Just greedy and lazy

BuT WaRzOne. I hate that they have broken multiplayer up so much into 2v2, 6v6, 10v10, and 40v40. Each mode will only have a couple of maps because of it. Most people just want standard 6v6....

Yeah I think I'm going to pass for now as well.  I primarily play Warzone but do really enjoy MP.  Just seems like it's pretty weak at launch, I'd probably play  MP for a week or so and then just go back to Warzone.  Will be interesting to see if you need Cold War to keep up in Warzone.  I imagine they'll make the CW guns a bit overpowered to get people to buy the game.  

On 10/7/2020 at 4:37 PM, Heimdallr said:

Gonna be like World at War tanks where enough people will complain and cause them to remove it from the game 

11 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

It is COD day! I'll probably only get an hour in tonight, but I'm gonna grind out a solid 8 hours tomorrow.

EDIT: actually nevermind, I forgot how hard COD servers get hit on launch night. I'm gonna wait it out for tomorrow.

Tomorrow I will be on after work, maybe 5pm est... :)