Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War

showtime

9 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

Actually, it looks like this game will run 4k120. Someone on reddit confirmed it using my same TV. Once I get everything downloaded and updated I'll play around with it

I still can't get it to work on my monitor ugh hdmi 1.4 should work at 120hz

• 4 weeks later...

Game is already on sale. $39 on PC.

There's some promotion or something with this game because I see people trading keys for it for like $20 on Reddit. I'll probably pick it up for that price because there's no way this game is worth full retail.  Plus, I have some friends who are about to get it on next gen, so seems like the perfect time.

They just need to take a year or two away from making CODs.  They won't, obviously.  And clearly the demand is there.  But even at a discounted price I can't motivate myself to buy this.  

Like, I played the beta.  Cold War isn't bad.  But it is like, a very poor man's version of much better CODs.  They went back to boots on the ground COD but they all end up just feeling like worse versions of past better games.  

11 hours ago, iknowcool said:

They just need to take a year or two away from making CODs.  They won't, obviously.  And clearly the demand is there.  But even at a discounted price I can't motivate myself to buy this.  

Like, I played the beta.  Cold War isn't bad.  But it is like, a very poor man's version of much better CODs.  They went back to boots on the ground COD but they all end up just feeling like worse versions of past better games.  

I don't know anything about CoD development anymore, but the game clearly looks rushed and it was shipped lacking content. Seems like they didn't have a year or whatever the normal dev cycle is to make this game.

On 12/12/2020 at 12:51 PM, showtime said:

I don't know anything about CoD development anymore, but the game clearly looks rushed and it was shipped lacking content. Seems like they didn't have a year or whatever the normal dev cycle is to make this game.

Apparently, Activision didn't like the direction that Sledgehammer was going after a year of work, so they pulled them and told Treyarch to me a new Black Ops game, right after they released BO4, so they only had 2 years, and also needed to work the first year on maintaining BO4 and Blackout. Definitely stretched thin.

21 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

I think I'm probably in the minority but I love this game. It reminds me of Blops 1. 

I like it too. We still need a few new maps and some balancing patches (looking at the M16 and AUG.....) but by the end of season 1 I think this is going to be fantastic. Adding Raid and the Pines mall map was great. Love both of those.

22 hours ago, Cheesehawk said:

I think my interest in shooters is just dead. I havet been intrigued by a COD since BO3

That's what happens when you get old and all the young kids start smoking you. Then they add heavy SBMM and you can't just enjoy beating people at something you've been good at for years anymore lol

I've just accepted the fact that I'm an average player now, and don't worry about doing super well. I just chill, try to go after some challenges, and it is so much more fun. Too old to do 360 slide-jump shots around corners.

I still get triggered by quickscopers because it is just such a stupid mechanic, by otherwise I'm having a ton of fun.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

I've just accepted the fact that I'm an average player now, and don't worry about doing super well. I just chill, try to go after some challenges, and it is so much more fun. Too old to do 360 slide-jump shots around corners.

I still get triggered by quickscopers because it is just such a stupid mechanic, by otherwise I'm having a ton of fun.

I haven't accepted this yet

MRW nobody I know likes the simpsons joke, where Skinner says "am I out of  touch? No, it's the children who are wrong" - Imgur

• Like 1

Running around deleting people with the dual revolvers is so much fun. 

If they can add in league/competitive play and keep adding cool maps/guns, I think this has potential to be as good as BO2. 

The only thing I don't like is how they try to force you into Warzone. A bunch of the operator or prestige challenges are Warzone-only, which is so dumb.