2020 Player Predictions

Bobby816

On defense...

I think our S trifecta in Maye, McDougald and Davis is more effective than JA and Maye was.

Jenkins and Zuniga combine for 15+ sacks

Q takes a leap and shows he wasn't a bad pick and we have a top 5 DL in the NFL.

On offense...

Darnold makes more smart decisions (bc he has time to throw), but the lack of WR talent shows big time for us even more so than it has. And this limits Darnold.

Herndon solidifies being a top 10 TE in the NFL.

Bell has a top 10 RB season rushing and receiving.

Edoga or Clark make starts at RT bc Fant isn't performing.

Becton has some ups and downs as expected by a rookie starting LT but shows he's a legit franchise LT in all throughout the season.

Perriman has a season that is just OK. Not quite the end of the season he had last year, but not a flop either. Making it tough for us to decide if we want to resign him. Mims struggles as a rookie, but we cant give up on him. Crowder shows he's our only legit WR on the roster that's reliable.

For the first time since 1964, i do not have a clue how the Jets will do this year, i am just hoping Darnold has a breakout year. The kid has been playing with sub par talent ever since he has been in the league. Macc, has set the Jets back five years with his horrible drafting. Joe Douglas had a real good offseason, and he is going in the right direction, but it will take more than one offseason to fix Macc's mess.

OFFENSE:

1) Darnold statistically has more touchdowns and yards but continues to throw picks and the slight increase in stats still leaves everyone in doubt at the end of the year. PREDICTION: 3800 yards 26TDs 16INT 62%. 

2) Bell has a better year but far from what he was in Pittsburgh. Gets released at years end.

3) The offensive skill position group doesn’t exactly light it up but ends up being better than everyone thinks.

4) Becton is a monster run blocker but still had a way to go with pass blocker although he still ends up being an upgrade and looks promising.

5) Offensive line is much better run blocking but not significantly better pass blocking.

6) Overall offensive ranking: 25th

DEFENSE:

1) Last years magic wears off a bit but we still have a middle of the pack unit when it’s all said and done.

2) Quinnen Williams plays the run well but continues to fail to make much of a difference on passing downs.

3) Safeties are a great unit and force more INTs than we ever did with Jamal.

4) The corners are better than last year but still not great.

5) Overall Rank: 11th

I am going to still say 7-9 but I highly doubt we’ll win more than that and am leaning towards 6-10. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ekill08x said:

OFFENSE:

1) Darnold statistically has more touchdowns and yards but continues to throw picks and the slight increase in stats still leaves everyone in doubt at the end of the year. PREDICTION: 3800 yards 26TDs 16INT 62%. 

2) Bell has a better year but far from what he was in Pittsburgh. Gets released at years end.

3) The offensive skill position group doesn’t exactly light it up but ends up being better than everyone thinks.

4) Becton is a monster run blocker but still had a way to go with pass blocker although he still ends up being an upgrade and looks promising.

5) Offensive line is much better run blocking but not significantly better pass blocking.

6) Overall offensive ranking: 25th

DEFENSE:

1) Last years magic wears off a bit but we still have a middle of the pack unit when it’s all said and done.

2) Quinnen Williams plays the run well but continues to fail to make much of a difference on passing downs.

3) Safeties are a great unit and force more INTs than we ever did with Jamal.

4) The corners are better than last year but still not great.

5) Overall Rank: 11th

I am going to still say 7-9 but I highly doubt we’ll win more than that and am leaning towards 6-10. 

I mostly agree.  Sam will show a lot of improvement with his field vision and mechanics but he will still be running for his life. I ‘m with you on the stats although I was thinking more 3800, 25-13. 
The revamped OL will be improved in run blocking but will suffer in pass protection. Becton will definitely be an upgrade in the run game but could be destroyed by good pass rushers like Bosa, Jones, Donald, Houston, Crosby, Phillips, Garrett and Armstead. 
Perriman will be adequate on deep passes on single coverage but disappear if he’s double covered by a safety. Not sure what Mims will do. I’m hoping for a second Brandon Marshall but will be happy with a year like Preston Williams was having in Miami before he was injured. 
I heard that Bell was held out of practice because of a hamstring but he tweeted  that there was nothing wrong with his hamstring. This isn’t going to end well

i think Foly, Q Etc. will keep us top 5 in run defense. I worry about our Pass defense. Hopefully Davis, Hall and Austin can become quality starters. I think Maye, Avery and Jenkins will be good against the run but on pass rushing and pass defense I think our linebackers will be the weak link.

Offense:

1. Darnold improves on last year ending up with 3800 yards 24tds 12ints

2. Bell struggles as runner but excels in the passing game going for around 900 rush yards and 600 receiving yards

3. Chris Herndon Solidifies his status as one of the best young TE’s racking up 850 yards and 9 TDs 

4. Denzel Mims struggles the first half of the year but gains momentum in the 2nd half going for 700 yards and 5 TDs 

5. The OL continues to struggle on the run blocking side of things but improves greatly on the Pass blocking side of things

Defense:

1. Q shows why he was taken 3rd overall and turns into a monster, leads team with 8.5 sacks

2. our Weak OLB group comes to light this year and we struggle to get pressure off the edge without blitzing

3. CB group has growing pains as we work our Young guys in, Bless Austin takes off the 2nd half of the year and turns into a quality starting CB.

4. Ashtyn Davis leads team in Picks, Avery Williamson leads team in T and TFL, Bless leads team in PD 

5. Blake Cashman shows he can be an effective run stuffed but struggles in pass defense

overall:

Jets struggle out the gate and Gase gets canned, Gregg Williams takes over and has a similar effect he had on the browns and lead them to 7-9/8-8

Offense:

1. Sam continues to improve, but not by a lot stats wise. 

2. Bell will look better due to the changes in the oline, but I can't see a breakout season. 

3. Ballage earns a nice rotating spot. 

4. Mims struggles out the gates after being challenged by teams #1 CB, but he adapts and finishes strong. 

5. Herndon picks up where he left off in his rookie season and looks great. 

Defense

1. Run declines slightly because of Mosley & Adams being gone. 

2. 9-10 sacks for Jordan Jenkins. 

3. Wilson & Austin finish the season as our starting CBs. 

4. McDougald looks good at FS. 

5-6 win season. 

Darnold becomes the QB everyone was hoping for.

Perine, has at least 500 yds for the year and another 200 receiving

Davis/Mays has the fan base forgetting about Adams

Mims catches for 600 yards this year

Jabari has a solid year to build on for 2021

Williams gets 5-7 sacks this year while shutting down the middle.

Bell is traded by midseason for a 2nd or 3rd round pick

Gore has one of the best years of his career running behind M.B.

Gase and Bell have a falling out.

Seattle has a terrible year and the Jets wind up with 2 picks in the top 15.

The O

Darnold does improve A LOT. He ends up just shy of 4,000 yards and throws 25 TDs to 12 picks

Crowder has a huge year. He collects 1,100 yards and has 7 TD's

Bell gets it going and rushes for 1,200 yards and has over 500 REC. He ends up with 11 Rush TD and 5 Rec TD's

The OL does good but not great. 

Perriman does well but misses a few games. He ends up with 800 yards and 3 TD

Herndon misses some games but ends up with 700 yards and 4 TD's

Gore is okay but does not really do well. He looks old and tired early in the season. 

Mims does not do well. He has several drops and only gets 500 yards with 2 TD. Hogan ends up starting over him. 

The D

Q is a good run stuffer but his pass rush is just not there. He is moved at the trade deadline for a low first round pick to a competitive team like KC.

Williams does well at inside linebacker and gets a new contract.

Cashman does well and with him and Williams the jets move on from Mosley to save cap space. 

The CB struggle bad. We get burned on several plays. 

Davis is a BEAST at safety and does everything so well that we say "Jamal WHO?"

The guy who gets the most sacks is Jenkins with 8 sacks.

Overall

We start off very slow and Gase is fired by week 8 when the jets are 2-6. Greg Williams takes over and turns the team around and we finish 8-8. Williams will interview for the HC job but in the end we end up with Dabo Swinney as the Jets HC. 

On 9/2/2020 at 9:37 AM, jetfuel34 said:

The O

Darnold does improve A LOT. He ends up just shy of 4,000 yards and throws 25 TDs to 12 picks

Crowder has a huge year. He collects 1,100 yards and has 7 TD's

Bell gets it going and rushes for 1,200 yards and has over 500 REC. He ends up with 11 Rush TD and 5 Rec TD's

Overall

We start off very slow and Gase is fired by week 8 when the jets are 2-6. Greg Williams takes over and turns the team around and we finish 8-8. Williams will interview for the HC job but in the end we end up with Dabo Swinney as the Jets HC. 

None of this adds up lol

• Like 1