Montgomery hurt

beardown3231

I think it would be crazy to not sign another vet.  While the Bears have 4 other RBs none is remotely close to replacing Montgomery's skill set and build. Nall is huge and inexperienced, Cohen has big play potential but only if it fits his style of getting out in space, Patterson is... a running back I guess?  Know nothing about Pierce.  

Rolling into the season with a suspect offense and without a lead back would be malpractice.  I will join Windy on the picket line if they don't get someone.  Even a best case groin strain is a couple weeks, plus who knows how confident he'll be planting his foot until he gets some time on it?  Pretty sure Trey Burton's groin injury has to be pushing 100+ weeks.  Gah.  

Poor Matt Nagy. I really like him but it seems like he's fated to conduct an orchestra in which the violinists just learned the recorder now the oboes have been replaced with drain pipes. 

Kalen Ballage just got cut from the dolphins today.... I wouldn't mind giving him a tryout at least.  He showed good promise coming out....

EDIT after actually reading up on his post draft career trajectory... I retract my interest.

Edited by Epyon

After the initial reports, a groin is probably the best outcome we could have got. Not an ACL/MCL, not a broken bone, not a high ankle sprain, not an achilles. But still... This sucks. Lack of depth at the position, he's a big part of our offense and word was he was having a good camp.

Genuinely think our RB #1 might be Cordarrelle now, counting Cohen as more of a gadget player - or a mix between those two guys. If it's best case scenario and only four weeks out then we could probably live with that for two games, might not be pretty but might be better than any FA out there. If it's longer than four weeks then we need to look at picking someone up - I'd be all for a bit of Devonta Freeman.

• Like 1

Gonna wait 'til we hear how severe this is.  We went through this in the past with Matt Forte and a high angle injury and he came back very quickly.

What's the status of Spencer Ware?  He would at least know most of the offensive schemes but is he still healthy enough to play?

10 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

Maybe we should discuss Patterson, and specifically why he hasn't found a role or been more productive with his physical abilities. 

Moving Patterson to RB was stupid. I mean, really stupid. I'm sure there's a separate thread about this though, so I'll look about...