Montgomery hurt

beardown3231

12 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

we just looking at AP37 in college. go back and watch his first long td run against OSU in 2018 and take notice of who he outruns 😁

Yup.  He's quick and he's got some wheels to go the distance too.  I like what I saw.  I think he's just as fast as Kerrith Whyte was but he's got far better skills as a pure RB.  He's got some wiggle and an ability to make that first guy miss even running between the OTs.  He's listed at 5'11"/208lbs but somehow he looks smaller.

I'd definitely be interested in Fournette if I was Pace. He's tough and can catch a little bit. Rumors are his attitude sucks, but if anyone can whip him into shape, it's this locker room. No one mentioned his attitude when they were good. He also may be pissed because he was playing for an awful organization

16 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I'd definitely be interested in Fournette if I was Pace. He's tough and can catch a little bit. Rumors are his attitude sucks, but if anyone can whip him into shape, it's this locker room. No one mentioned his attitude when they were good. He also may be pissed because he was playing for an awful organization

He's never been arrested. For the amount of time's he's carried the ball and team his whole life even I wouldn't love overpaying him on his 2nd contract. He's loved by his teammates. If the coaches can't handle him then they shouldn't be in the NFL or D1.  He's gonna sign a 1 year on a contender.  Tell 49ers would make sense. Patriots and Packers are my dark horse teams to sign him. 

59 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

He watched the Jags lose Ramsey, Robinson, Ngakoue, etc. He just thinks he is the next talented player deserving to escape Jacksonville. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I would not claim Forunette due to his high price tag of ~$4M.  If he clears waivers and wants to sign for a cheap 1-year prove it deal then I'd be open to that.

If we get the chance to sign him off waivers I'd give him those peanut's. 

49 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I would not claim Forunette due to his high price tag of ~$4M.  If he clears waivers and wants to sign for a cheap 1-year prove it deal then I'd be open to that.

I'd be fine with $4 mil. It puts him in the top 20 but it is a one year thing. I don't expect any big moves to be made by Pace this year and if he does well enough to warrant a big deal from someone you MIGHT get a comp pick. 

If we were going to make a move for Clowney, Logan Ryan, Earl Thomas, Snacks, or Warford (likely a few I can't remember too) then I could understand being tight, but I'm not overly fond of our RB corps even with Montgomery healthy. 

No reason for Fournette... He's a plodder that doesn't truck people or make anyone miss. He's gotten a big amount of carries and that's the reason for his production. If he came cheap, sure. But there's no reason to believe Nagy can't get his production out of a UDFA... Especially behind this line.

Add in his issues and it 99% won't happen.

Edited by The_Romen
  • Like 1

I'd be willing to go get Fournette... 

There's really nothing to suggest Monty is a legitimate RB1 so far, and our depth behind him is laughable. 

That said, I'm extremely doubtful we even consider Fournette. Nagy will never run the ball enough to justify having Fournette and Monty on the team... And we're already under /poorly utilizing Cohen and Patterson in their limited rb roles. 

Granted, we SHOULD BE running a hell of a lot more, given how Mitch, you know, sucks....but this team is a mess /dumpster fire offensively in general, with both Pace and Nagy to blame.. 

Oh.. And Fournette likely needs to go to a power running team, rather than a zone running team, fwiw. 

1 hour ago, The_Romen said:

No reason for Fournette... He's a plodder that doesn't truck people or make anyone miss. He's gotten a big amount of carries and that's the reason for his production. If he came cheap, sure. But there's no reason to believe Nagy can't get his production out of a UDFA... Especially behind this line.

Add in his issues and it 99% won't happen.

Which UDFA?  This post is good for a nice laugh. Let's not just say anything now. Fournette would be the best RB we have by a mile and when Monty comes back we'd our best committee of RBs since the SB.