Ryan Pace Deserves More Respect

soulman

20 minutes ago, G08 said:

We heard about a focus on the run game last season. In camp and every game. 

Talk, talk, talk. That is all we ever have about the run game. They talk about it, still suck at it, and don’t do it.

Is Ryan Nall going to tackle Nagy and take his head set during the game?

Edited by WindyCity
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

We heard about a focus on the run game last season. In camp and every game. 

Talk, talk, talk. That is all we ever have about the run game. They talk about it, still suck at it, and don’t do it.

Is Ryan Nall going to tackle Nagy and take his head set during the game?

Did they talk about being more of a run team last season? I honestly do not recall that.

3 minutes ago, G08 said:

Did they talk about being more of a run team last season? I honestly do not recall that.

They talked about it in the offseason and after pretty much every game where he flat out refused to run the ball.

They were not good at running the ball in 2018 either.

Jordan Howard wasn't a good fit. Montgomery was going to be a better fit and more involved.

Edited by WindyCity

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

Glasgow is significantly better than Ifedi.

Fun fact, Conklin is making the same amount as Quinn.

Ok but you can't have it both ways.  I recall a lot of different people (don't remember if you were included) complaining that the pass rush was lacking last season because Leonard Floyd wasn't getting the job done, and then they go and significantly upgrade over him by signing Quinn and now people are upset about that?

You are also conveniently ignoring the fact that Bears would have had to take a significant cap hit to replace Massie by signing a guy like Conklin.  It just wouldn't have fit unless they moved Massie to G or signed Conklin to play G, but then again you would have a whole at DE opposite Mack.

28 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Ok but you can't have it both ways.  I recall a lot of different people (don't remember if you were included) complaining that the pass rush was lacking last season because Leonard Floyd wasn't getting the job done, and then they go and significantly upgrade over him by signing Quinn and now people are upset about that?

You are also conveniently ignoring the fact that Bears would have had to take a significant cap hit to replace Massie by signing a guy like Conklin.  It just wouldn't have fit unless they moved Massie to G or signed Conklin to play G, but then again you would have a whole at DE opposite Mack.

My issue is that the offense was the issue. The defense was still good with Floyd doing nothing as a pass rusher.

Sign a cheaper pass rusher and upgrade the OL.

We now have a bad offense that is rolling out a mediocre QB, whoever starts, behind a mediocre OL.

22 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

My issue is that the offense was the issue. The defense was still good with Floyd doing nothing as a pass rusher.

Sign a cheaper pass rusher and upgrade the OL.

We now have a bad offense that is rolling out a mediocre QB, whoever starts, behind a mediocre OL.

You seem way more concerned than Pace & Nagy who's jobs may very well be on the line. Relax man and just see how it goes lol.

On 8/31/2020 at 9:34 AM, abstract_thought said:

They had a top 5 offense last season. They have one of the best TE and OL in the NFL. Do the Bears?

Being a contender requires more than just a good defense. This Bears team simply doesn't have a contending offense. I know others have talked about 2006 before but that team had a great offensive line and running game.

That's not what you said though. You said contenders don't have 40-1 odds and I showed you that it wasn't true. Let's not start moving goal posts. 

The 49ers had a top-10 offense last season. True.  Now before the season started, did you or anyone you know really believe they would have a top-10 offense? Or hell, even top-15?  Much less make it the SB? 

If you or ANYONE else other than blatant 49ers homer fans says "yes" to that question than they are lying their *** off because that offense was downright dreadful in 2018 and nobody with any sense of football knowledge had any hope for JG ever being anything more than average. Even on paper, that offense didn't look like a competitive unit. And yet, here we are. 

Like Soulman said, I don't believe for one second that we are a SB contender. But I do believe we are a 9-11 win team and anything can happen in the playoffs. Especially during what is looking to be a very crazy season with C19. If we get that far.  

53 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

That's not what you said though. You said contenders don't have 40-1 odds and I showed you that it wasn't true. Let's not start moving goal posts. 

The 49ers had a top-10 offense last season. True.  Now before the season started, did you or anyone you know really believe they would have a top-10 offense? Or hell, even top-15?  Much less make it the SB? 

If you or ANYONE else other than blatant 49ers homer fans says "yes" to that question than they are lying their *** off because that offense was downright dreadful in 2018 and nobody with any sense of football knowledge had any hope for JG ever being anything more than average. Even on paper, that offense didn't look like a competitive unit. And yet, here we are. 

Like Soulman said, I don't believe for one second that we are a SB contender. But I do believe we are a 9-11 win team and anything can happen in the playoffs. Especially during what is looking to be a very crazy season with C19. If we get that far.  

I think it's fair to point out the difference between an ascending team like the 49ers who were considered dark horses by analysts and national pundits and a team like the Bears which is trending in the opposite direction.

Unless the Bears are making a QB upgrade like SF made, I doubt they can put together an offense that will win a Super Bowl. And that's the only contending that matters.

Edited by abstract_thought