Changes I want to see

hornbybrown

Agree with a lot of that.

Britt can't keep being trotted out there, he's been atrocious.

Whatever worked with this defense week one has been figured out (it's called intermediate passing routes) and needs to be shelved, or at least reserved for sporadic use.

Duke has more pop and should start getting more touches as a runner.

Njoku needs more reps as well.  If this season is for development, develop.

The front office needs to move a pick for a viable WR.  Doesn't have to be a blockbuster deal, just a guy who can legit play in the league.

50 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I also think Hue should consider giving up the playcalling duties to one of his well qualified and experienced assistants. He seems either overwhelmed or, more likely, in dismay.

I could not agree more.

If I'm not mistaken, Hue wants to run the ball, and have a vertical passing game.  

At this moment, he can't do that.

He believes that he has the gun needed to fire the ball in his vertical passing game.  Unfortunately, he doesn't have the correct caliber ammunition to allow that gun to fire.

We can't go back to the armory and pick up more ammunition until 2018.  Until then, we're going to be stuck watching only one out of every dozen (optimisitc) bullets coming out of the gun and actually finding the target.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I also think Hue should consider giving up the playcalling duties to one of his well qualified and experienced assistants. He seems either overwhelmed or, more likely, in dismay.

Haven’t you been saying for weeks how the play calling isn’t an issue? Nice of you to come around. 

His overall team management sucks. He needs to get his head out of the play sheet and on the field and sideline. 

I agree with the changes. I would also like to add that, our offense has no imagination what so ever. We constantly see plays that seems designed for the vertical play, completely ignoring the fact that we have 2 athletic TEs that have shown to be more reliable than our WRs, who seem to be allergic to the ball. As for our defense, it should be much better next week with Garrett, Collins, and Shelton back in the mix, but, my God...can we please stop having Peppers sit 20 yards out. I mean, teams are seeing this and just taking advantage of mid field and we do not adjust what so ever.

2 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Haven’t you been saying for weeks how the play calling isn’t an issue? Nice of you to come around. 

His overall team management sucks. He needs to get his head out of the play sheet and on the field and sideline. 

I think the issue is more of the latter than the former.

The playcalling hasn't been as bad as some want to believe.  It's mostly just a complaint that idiots make when an offense isn't successful.  Contrary to the opinions of some, these plays are actually designed to be successful, and have proven to be that when run by competent players.

IIRC you were a Hue fan when we hired him, no?  Did you not like when he called these EXACT SAME PLAYS then, or did you not know what you were talking about and just liked the popular candidate?

1 minute ago, ohiogenius said:

I think we need to bench Britt

Move Peppers closer to middle of the field

Run more intermediate routes and scheme WRs open.

Wr's getting open hasn't been the problem, it's actually catching the ball when it's thrown to them that's been the real issue.

22 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think the issue is more of the latter than the former.

The playcalling hasn't been as bad as some want to believe.  It's mostly just a complaint that idiots make when an offense isn't successful.  Contrary to the opinions of some, these plays are actually designed to be successful, and have proven to be that when run by competent players.

IIRC you were a Hue fan when we hired him, no?  Did you not like when he called these EXACT SAME PLAYS then, or did you not know what you were talking about and just liked the popular candidate?

Yes I liked him but I haven’t liked the plays. I haven’t liked the unnecessary shifting and motions. I don’t like how too often our WRs end up at the same destination in their routes. I don’t like that we have a giant TE mismatch and we don’t utilize it down field.  

we hired him to be the HC. Not OC. Most of the great coaches have coordinators and let them call the plays. Even belichek does this. Guys like Andy Reid call their plays but it ends in terrible time management.  I’d like it if Hue designed the playbook and offense but let someone else call the plays so he can manage the whole team. 

Archived