Changes I want to see

hornbybrown

Crowell hasn't played well, but he hasn't had much of a chance either. I do like Duke better, and I hope to got Barkley is one of our top picks next year. But still, when a guy gets 7 carries a game, not much can be expected from that.

Hue has some questionable play calling, though execution of the plays is our #1 enemy right now. The 2nd and 5 after we forced the fumble, where Hue calls shotgun formation then proceeds to hand the ball off to Crowell for a 5 yard loss was such a terrible call. Why not PA and if nobody is open throw the screen to Crowell? The sweep play to Duke was another doozie. 

Kizer isn't getting much help from his receivers. He also isn't seeing the field very well. I was there today, and there were at least 3 plays where Kizer missed guys wide open in the middle of the field. Once, he held onto the ball too long, and ended up getting hit trying to throw a screen. Another he had I believe Devalve wide open and opted to throw a screen that went for a 2 yard gain. His pass to Higgins wasn't good. Devalve should have caught the one ball, however Kizer needs to learn how to put more touch on those passes. Britt's drop was so bad though. He killed us with that, what a good pass that potentially leads to a touchdown for us, wiped off the books. The false start. The slip then drop. Someone with a Genie Bottle and 3 wishes obviously didn't like Britt. 

Hue is a players coach, which is why we never really here him get super critical of his team. If you're going to be that guy, then when the damn official blows a call, A La the blatent facemask on Cincinnati's offensive linemen blocking downfield on the long TD pass, then show some damn emotion and go after the official for blowing the call. Peppers actually played that about as good as he could have and the fact that they missed the penalty was terrible. Almost as terrible as GW calling for an all out blitz and allowing Bernard to pull the slip screen off there. 

1 hour ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

Crowell hasn't played well, but he hasn't had much of a chance either. I do like Duke better, and I hope to got Barkley is one of our top picks next year. But still, when a guy gets 7 carries a game, not much can be expected from that.

Hue has some questionable play calling, though execution of the plays is our #1 enemy right now. The 2nd and 5 after we forced the fumble, where Hue calls shotgun formation then proceeds to hand the ball off to Crowell for a 5 yard loss was such a terrible call. Why not PA and if nobody is open throw the screen to Crowell? The sweep play to Duke was another doozie. 

Kizer isn't getting much help from his receivers. He also isn't seeing the field very well. I was there today, and there were at least 3 plays where Kizer missed guys wide open in the middle of the field. Once, he held onto the ball too long, and ended up getting hit trying to throw a screen. Another he had I believe Devalve wide open and opted to throw a screen that went for a 2 yard gain. His pass to Higgins wasn't good. Devalve should have caught the one ball, however Kizer needs to learn how to put more touch on those passes. Britt's drop was so bad though. He killed us with that, what a good pass that potentially leads to a touchdown for us, wiped off the books. The false start. The slip then drop. Someone with a Genie Bottle and 3 wishes obviously didn't like Britt. 

Hue is a players coach, which is why we never really here him get super critical of his team. If you're going to be that guy, then when the damn official blows a call, A La the blatent facemask on Cincinnati's offensive linemen blocking downfield on the long TD pass, then show some damn emotion and go after the official for blowing the call. Peppers actually played that about as good as he could have and the fact that they missed the penalty was terrible. Almost as terrible as GW calling for an all out blitz and allowing Bernard to pull the slip screen off there. 

Great post. 

I want to see Duke run the ball more. Crowell hasn't gotten many opportunities, but neither has Duke yet Duke has still looked better running the ball. Obviously it's hard to run too much when you're always playing from behind, though.

I want to see them play Peppers closer to the LOS. That's where he excelled in college the most. Playing him deep can work sometimes, but I think they're doing it too often.

I'd like to see Britt benched, but I doubt that's going to happen. It's not like there's anyone necessarily better than him on the roster. We just need a receiver in the worst way. However, I would like to see the tight ends get more involved. Njoku and Devalve have both made some nice plays this season, yet they aren't featured enough.

The only good thing about today is that there were less sacks, and we were able to apply a bit more pressure. But that's not saying much considering how bad Cincinnati's line is. The only good thing I can say about this team this season is that our run defense seems to be much improved.

11 hours ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

This is the type of stuff that irks me when people complain about playcalling.  

What's wrong with a run on 2nd and 5? Even a 1-2 yard gain and you have 3rd and short. It's the perfect time to try to establish the run game everyone has complaining about.  Of course when it doesn't work someone chimes in with "why the hell did we run that??!!?!?".

The issue wasn't the play call, it was the defender 5 yards deep in our backfield.

8 hours ago, DawgX said:

I want to see Duke run the ball more. Crowell hasn't gotten many opportunities, but neither has Duke yet Duke has still looked better running the ball. Obviously it's hard to run too much when you're always playing from behind, though.

I want to see them play Peppers closer to the LOS. That's where he excelled in college the most. Playing him deep can work sometimes, but I think they're doing it too often.

I'd like to see Britt benched, but I doubt that's going to happen. It's not like there's anyone necessarily better than him on the roster. We just need a receiver in the worst way. However, I would like to see the tight ends get more involved. Njoku and Devalve have both made some nice plays this season, yet they aren't featured enough.

The only good thing about today is that there were less sacks, and we were able to apply a bit more pressure. But that's not saying much considering how bad Cincinnati's line is. The only good thing I can say about this team this season is that our run defense seems to be much improved.

Bruh, post more.

11 hours ago, DawgX said:

1# I agree. I would like to see Duke out in the screen a lot more. If the WRs can't get open then give Kizer a 3-4 second dump off pass. Also if Crow can't run behind this line then I think our future RB is playing at penn state right now. 

2# Amen. 

3# I've been saying this for a while now. Why is Hue forcing the ball to garbage WRs when we have perfectly good TEs to throw the ball to?

4# We were missing, Collins, Shelton, and Garrett. I think getting those 3 back will greatly improve the defense. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

I said this last year and will say it again, these guys don't respect the organization. Plus any bit of adversity, we shut it down. After the Britt false start, it was all over, we have no physical or mental toughness. We actually have a few good football players who would be good for other organizations but for us, all we get is a "professional effort"

On a side note, Why is Ogunjobi not starting? and Brantley is going to be a stud. Also, why is it so hard for a guy to catch a football, these gloves nowadays practically have stick-em on them?

19 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I said this last year and will say it again, these guys don't respect the organization. Plus any bit of adversity, we shut it down. After the Britt false start, it was all over, we have no physical or mental toughness. We actually have a few good football players who would be good for other organizations but for us, all we get is a "professional effort"

On a side note, Why is Ogunjobi not starting? and Brantley is going to be a stud. Also, why is it so hard for a guy to catch a football, these gloves nowadays practically have stick-em on them?

Agree with Ogunjobi, he seems to be putting up great numbers (at least per PFF) weekly and is noticeable when you watch the game.

I also think Hue needs to make a statement with a guy like Britt. You can't keep trotting him out there, it's almost as if you're condoning the drops if you do.

Archived