Halo Infinite (Dec. 8th, 2021)

Kiltman

On 11/27/2021 at 8:26 PM, BullsandBroncos said:

I forgot how slow progression is in Halo games. I had 32 kills and 1:30 time in oddball and got 250 exp

Right now it isn't tied to kills or captures or any of that. The only way to gain xp for the battle pass is through the challenges. You also get XP for playing a game but it doesn't change if you win or lose, do well or do poorly, etc. 

On 12/9/2021 at 9:09 AM, Lions017 said:

Right now it isn't tied to kills or captures or any of that. The only way to gain xp for the battle pass is through the challenges. You also get XP for playing a game but it doesn't change if you win or lose, do well or do poorly, etc. 

hopefully they change this around. I know they are adding a filter to the search feature so you don't have to play game modes that you don't want to play. 

• 4 weeks later...

Just finished the campaign earlier in the week.  After the disappointments of Halo 4 and 5, I definitely enjoyed this.  Loved the open world concept, loved the new/upgraded weapons and feel that they really returned to the Halo CE roots.  

What I didn’t enjoy was that we ignored a lot of the lore from the main story.  We spend most of the middle and end of the game worried about The Endless, but we get nothing on them.  We also don’t see anyone on screen from previous games like Arbiter, Lasky, Halsey, Locke or any other familiar Spartans.  We also got Atriox and the Banished, but what about Spirit of Fire and Red Team?  I guess they can come in future DLC, since it seems like this is going to be a “season pass” type of game.  With that kind of concept, I can see why they are holding a lot in reserve, but I still don’t like the narrative choice of chasing The Endless, who can be more of an evil than The Flood, without seeing them in the main game.  

Was thinking of hopping into multiplayer soon, anyone else playing?  Any tips?

• 3 months later...

With S2 launching I figured I'd hop back in to see if the game has gotten any better. I made it about 3 games and realized this game is still certified trash. If it weren't for the debacle that is BF 2042 this game would be getting a lot more scrutiny than it has. Microsoft desperately needs to find a different developer for the series going forward because 343 really fumbled Infinite. 

15 hours ago, Scalamania said:

With S2 launching I figured I'd hop back in to see if the game has gotten any better. I made it about 3 games and realized this game is still certified trash. If it weren't for the debacle that is BF 2042 this game would be getting a lot more scrutiny than it has. Microsoft desperately needs to find a different developer for the series going forward because 343 really fumbled Infinite. 

Its....bad. Not bad from a gameplay perspective but bad from a everything else perspective. It almost feels like a Beta. Ive been playing out of boredom for a few months here and there and it just gets so stale so quick.

There are not many maps, so it feels like you just play the same 5 over and over and over. 30% of the weapons are utterly useless and I still dont know their intended purpose like the ravenger, pulse carbine, hydra and heat wave. Useless. All of them. The worst of all is the progression system--everything is locked behind either a season pass or a 'coming soon' feature. You cant just play the game enjoy unlocking new armor, color ways, weapons skins. Nothing. The leveling up takes...fore...ev......er. 

The entire time I play I think its a great game but then remember there is such limited content that Im basically playing a beta test and the game has been out for months now with not a single significant update.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...