Zach Ertz: Extension or Trade? Decisions, Decisions, Decisions...

TheRealMcCoy

Trade him for some OL help, ideally. 

I wouldn't be psyched losing Ertz and in turn losing our whole "having 2 elite TE" gimmick of our offense, because it can be successful......but, we need help up front so freaking badly. Our window is right now, and we don't have time to wait on guys like Prince, Driscoll, Mailata (if that ever happens) to develop at the OL positions. We have a roster capable of going far if we can stop guys from dropping like flies all season long.

I'm not sure exactly who we could target. Ertz obviously has some value, honestly, given that he is still in his prime mostly and his contract is pretty team-friendly given his talent/production. 

Maybe something like Ertz for Riley Reiff and a 3rd?

What NFL team has excess Quality OL ready to trade away? Come on now. The Eagles BEFORE TC was that team. There aren't many if any in the NFL. OL is a prized commodity,  not free for all come and get it.

How about RB's actually doing their jobs and being able to block a blitz?

Utilizing Max Protect, 3TE sets, extra OL to limit said Pass rush?

Running the GD ball? Misdirection,  screens,  jet sweeps, quick passes instead if 5-7 step drops?

Not shooting yourself in the foot on 1st down every drive in the 2nd 1/2? Any number of those corrected wins the game for the Eagles.

Not trading away Ertz!

5 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Trade him to NE for their 1st. Indy would make too much sense. 

Has Bill ever traded a 1st rd pick for a player? Try again. 

Edited by Nabbs4u

When Goedert eclipses any Season long Totals Ertz has put up Rec, Yds, TD godforbid all in the same year, then he can be considered better.

Why you guys can't be happy with a Gronk/Hernandez type TE combo is beyond me? This is the closest Duo to that Unstoppable TE Combo since that 2011 season.

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

When Goedert eclipses any Season long Totals Ertz has put up Rec, Yds, TD godforbid all in the same year, then he can be considered better.

Why you guys can't be happy with a Gronk/Hernandez type TE combo is beyond me? This is the closest Duo to that Unstoppable TE Combo since that 2011 season.

I don’t know why you’re so obsessed with this Gronk/Hernandez combo. They were really good for one year together. And they also had a 1500 yard WR that year. It was an extreme outlier. Otherwise, there’s no way to correlate having two good TEs into wins or anything specifically needed to be successful in the NFL. It was one year, it’s time to realize that. It’s not some magical example. It’s a luxury on a team that can’t afford it. 

• Like 1