LB Danny Trevathan suspended 2 games

CBears019

On ‎02‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 4:06 AM, TankWilliams said:

Frankly, I think he deserves it.  Maybe one is more apt since he's never had issues before but I'm not crying about it. 

I'm with you here, thought it was really bad... Expected the suspension as soon as I saw it.

2 hours ago, RidiculousJames said:

I'm with you here, thought it was really bad... Expected the suspension as soon as I saw it.

The fact he has never had an issue is likely the reason he was able to get it down to one game so easily. Sucks but hard to argue that it warrants a missed game.

What a ******* joke. You can commit attempted murder like that ******* thug did, yet you smoke pot you're gone for 8+ games. Love how the NFL is always preaching player safety, yet when a thug delivers the most dangerous hit I have ever seen on a football field, he only gets 2, now 1 game(s). I hope to God we run right at this thug in our next meeting and take out his knees repeatedly. He could have paralyzed or even killed Adams, and it was intentional. Burfict may be a dirty player, but even he has never delivered a hit nearly as dangerous and vicious as the one that this thug delivered. He should have received no less than 10 games. I guess he was just sick and tired of getting spanked by the Packers every season, and decided to take it out on Adams.

32 minutes ago, GreenReign said:

What a ******* joke. You can commit attempted murder like that ******* thug did, yet you smoke pot you're gone for 8+ games. Love how the NFL is always preaching player safety, yet when a thug delivers the most dangerous hit I have ever seen on a football field, he only gets 2, now 1 game(s). I hope to God we run right at this thug in our next meeting and take out his knees repeatedly. He could have paralyzed or even killed Adams, and it was intentional. Burfict may be a dirty player, but even he has never delivered a hit nearly as dangerous and vicious as the one that this thug delivered. He should have received no less than 10 games. I guess he was just sick and tired of getting spanked by the Packers every season, and decided to take it out on Adams.

You must have not watched pro football for very long. The effect of the mouth piece flying out and Adams going down amplified the perception of the hit and apparently gave you psychic powers to know it was an intentional attempt to injure Adams. Because it was a helmet hit he should have gotten the penalty and probably thrown out of the game per 2017 rules. However, the receiver and the pile of guys around him were still moving and had just pivoted from moving AWAY from Trevathan to moving towards him and NOT in slow motion and the whistle had not blown.

Perhaps you have knowledge of the other dirty hits that Trevathan has delivered that would lead an observer to believe that he is known to be a dirty player. After the game he said his prime concern was not a suspension, but how Adams was doing. Guys that have played with him and against him say that while he is a big hitter he is not dirty.

Keep up the classy comments about targeting players' knees.

1 minute ago, 51to54 said:

You must have not watched pro football for very long. The effect of the mouth piece flying out and Adams going down amplified the perception of the hit and apparently gave you psychic powers to know it was an intentional attempt to injure Adams. Because it was a helmet hit he should have gotten the penalty and probably thrown out of the game per 2017 rules. However, the receiver and the pile of guys around him were still moving and had just pivoted from moving AWAY from Trevathan to moving towards him and NOT in slow motion and the whistle had not blown.

Perhaps you have knowledge of the other dirty hits that Trevathan has delivered that would lead an observer to believe that he is known to be a dirty player. After the game he said his prime concern was not a suspension, but how Adams was doing. Guys that have played with him and against him say that while he is a big hitter he is not dirty.

He's just a 15 year old GB fan who really hasn't watched football and how it's changed over the course of time. Super emotional, we've all been there at that age.

4 hours ago, Sugashane said:

The fact he has never had an issue is likely the reason he was able to get it down to one game so easily. Sucks but hard to argue that it warrants a missed game.

So if you go and shoot someone in the head, should you only get probation because you have a clean record, and never did something like that before ? 

4 minutes ago, 51to54 said:

Thats bull**** and you know it. Adams was tackled going to the ground. That thug then lowered his head and launched into him with intent to injure. It was an intentional act of malice. 

Archived