OT Andre Dillard out for season with torn bicep

.Buzz

28 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Not even that upset with this lol, prob better for our OL, assuming JP kicks back out to LT. Peters-Seumalo-Kelce-Pryor-Johnson is probably our best 5 anyways tbh.

It hurts from a depth perspective, but this isn't as huge of a blow as some will make it out to be.

28 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

It hurts from a depth perspective, but this isn't as huge of a blow as some will make it out to be.

Yup, only a depth thing for me. The starting 5 got better from this imo. Now watch the media blow it out of proportion. It's a biceps tear, not exactly something to be concerned about moving forward. Though he does need all the reps he can get. Overall makes us better this year, but a slight concern moving forward, nothing crazy though, he'll be back same as ever.

2 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Yup, only a depth thing for me. The starting 5 got better from this imo.

I agree.

Knew Dillard would take his lumps, but would've liked to see him improve as the season went along and build some confidence and be ready to be rock solid in year 3, so this still sucks. Hopefully he comes back like a man on a mission next year as JJAW did this offseason.

Dillard isn't a bust cause he got injured lol. It is an unfortunate loss and will really hurt our depth when Peters inevitably gets hurt, but this is far from sky is falling territory. Our offense will survive as long as our young weapons can show up and make plays for Carson.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RBreezy said:

Looks like another wasted first rounder. Howie, please give someone else the drafting power lol

Did I miss the part where any NFL GM can or could forsee Major reconstructive surgery when making their selections in the draft?

Also everyone is saying this is a bust. Dude had an unforeseen injury that should not cause him issues down the line like a knee injury would for example. You are all so quick to pull the plug on a player. I liked what I saw of him at LT last year. We all knew he had to work on certain things because of his weight/size coming out of college. From everything seen from camp it appears he was working on those things. Once again you all seem to forget we have been spoiled at LT since Tra Thomas came into the league. We aren't going to see an all pro LT over night.

• Like 1

It was definitely a reactive statement, but c'mon. We moved up to pick this kid, and two years in he still hasn't really seen the field. You're correct Nabbs in that you can't predict injuries - it's really unfortunate what happened. I feel bad for Dillard. It's just frusturating that we still don't know what he can bring to the table. It'll be year three next year and he'll be coming off a serious injury 

1 hour ago, RBreezy said:

It was definitely a reactive statement, but c'mon. We moved up to pick this kid, and two years in he still hasn't really seen the field. You're correct Nabbs in that you can't predict injuries - it's really unfortunate what happened. I feel bad for Dillard. It's just frusturating that we still don't know what he can bring to the table. It'll be year three next year and he'll be coming off a serious injury 

It's not an injury that will have any bearing on anything past this year though. If it was a head, shoulder, back, neck, hip, foot, or knee then I'd be concerned. Any major joint stuff I wouldn't mess with. A tear of a muscle belly? Nothing long term or recurring there. He'll be 100% so far before OTAs and stuff.

Dillard really seems like a bust to me based on TC reports and his 2019 play, so not that disappointed in terms of how much this hurts our 2020 (but it will extend process of confirming bust, which is not ideal). Old man JP will do a better job back at LT. 

Throw Pryor in there, see what we’ve got/any improvement.