Unanswered Essential Fantasy Questions

Humble_Beast

Help a guy out in  PPR leagues, two big drafts tomorrow. Can you answer the following questions ?

• where are you targeting QB? Late like the logical choice? so I was told Wentz/Ryan are the best value... Stafford and Baker could be steals
  • Joe Burrow is too green?
  • who is the best TE sleeper? Hockenson/Herndon/Hurst/Fant torn on those
  • Everyone is hyping Hurst to be a star.. Is he even good?
  • CEH worth a first rounder? How high
  • is Gordon/Fornette/Bell used goods at this point? say you want to go RB/RB and drafting first or 2nd/ who are you targeting at 19/20?
  • good value starting RBS in the mid rounds DMonty/RJONES/Swift/Akers
  • speaking of ROOKIE RBS, is J Taylor worth the hype? what is his true value???
  • seems to be a lot of good WRS 4-7 with a lot of experts saying Woods/RIdley/Hollywood/Chalk/Green/Mcluarin as steals
  • who are your guys in each round?
  • Is Kyler worth a 5th???
  • name your personal breakout players?

any logic would be nice... add to the questions and I'll give my input too

7 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Help a guy out in  PPR leagues, two big drafts tomorrow. Can you answer the following questions ?

• where are you targeting QB? Late like the logical choice? so I was told Wentz/Ryan are the best value... Stafford and Baker could be steals
  • is Gordon/Fornette/Bell used goods at this point? say you want to go RB/RB and drafting first or 2nd/ who are you targeting at 19/20?
  • seems to be a lot of good WRS 4-7 with a lot of experts saying Woods/RIdley/Hollywood/Chalk/Green/Mcluarin as steals

Stafford is one although he's ranked 10th so idk how late you're looking. Baker should improve. Daniel Jones is a big one

I dont think Burrow is too green but at the same time he probably shouldn't be drafted yet either

Of those 4 I like Hurst's opportunity the most because Atlanta didnt do much with their offense so you could copy/paste Hooper's targets/numbers and Hurst could get that. I love Hockensen but with Kenny G, Jones and Tate there will be alot of mouths to feed plus they did just draft Swift and have Kerryon. They want to run some. Herndon has potential but needs to stay healthy, likely the last of the 4. Fant I like too but less than Hock albeit similar situation but with a lesser QB. They have Sutton and just drafted Jeudy, Hamler and have a more established RB in Gordon and even Lindsay too. I think they'll want to run a good amount

Idk who thinks he'll be a star since he's ranked just 12th, he definitely could finish better than that but I I dont expect Top-8 either

I think CEH is worth 7th overall, maybe 6th in a PPR league. The risk is there but the potential is very high

Gordon and Bell aren't used goods yet but I'd prefer younger guys later on but also with that said I'd still draft them. They will still get all the work. Fournette isnt used goods either but considering we tried to trade him and still might, its concerning you dont know where he'll end up given the price to draft him. 

Of those 4 Rojo is my favorite. I like Mostert too even though Coleman is there and McKinnon is healthy. 

I really like Taylor and his OL is great but Mack/Hines aren't exactly going away. I think he is overrated in re-drafts. If Mack/Hines are healthy Taylor probably disappoints early on and considering you're spending a high pick on him, idk if you want to do that and hope he takes the reigns later on

All of those guys you mentioned except Green I think are reasons why RB-RB or RB-Kelce is the way to go

Guys in each round is super tough to say because you just never know. I'm drafting 8 overall in a Non-PPR league and keep thinking RB-Kelce is my most likely scenario but if the right RB falls I'd change gears. Wanted Henry but his ADP went up 1 or 2 spots from 8 so I think I'll miss out. 

In a PPR league, probably not. I think that format devalues QBs even more than normal because eventually you run out of guys that excel in that format later on. Like Kyler alot but I tend to not draft QBs that early. His ADP says round 6 or 7 like everyone else not LJax/Mahomes. That's probably right

@Humble_Beast and anyone else:

I know I'm taking a RB at #8 in a Non-PPR league. Round 2 bugs me because it'll either be:

Aaron Jones, Joe Mixon, Kenyan Drake, Austin Ekeler or Travis Kelce

Is there any reason to trust any of the 4 RBs over Kelce? This is bugging me because in almost all my mocks Mark Andrews is there round 4(41 overall) but I just dont love those 4 RBs and I wont take any WR not named Michael Thomas in round 2

6 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I know I'm taking a RB at #8 in a Non-PPR league. Round 2 bugs me because it'll either be:

Is there any reason to trust any of the 4 RBs over Kelce? This is bugging me because in almost all my mocks Mark Andrews is there round 4(41 overall) but I just dont love those 4 RBs and I wont take any WR not named Michael Thomas in round 2

Take Joe Mixon. Will be the best QB he ever had, plus best WR crew in Cinny. Rz opportunities will be high.

29 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

How would you rank those 4 options? I'm expecting at least 2 to be taken

Mixon > Drake > Kelce > Ekeler.

I put my top 40 rankings in the rankings thread (specific to non-ppr and with 3 WR in a 14 team league).

Re: Mixon, if your concerned of possible hold out (minor injury holdout), than don't touch him. 

Edited by CriminalMind

10 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I like all 3 except Jones over Kelce

19 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

single qb league I'll wait. Grab someone like Brees or big Ben fairly late

unless it's a two QB league, he probably shouldn't be drafted. Even then it's stretching it

all kind of the same. Someone will hit. Others will be meh. Hurst probably has the best situation, though Herndon is enticing. This area is pure take a stab time though

good is sometimes relative in fantasy. Volume and situation can be more important. Austin Hooper isn't that good. He's the clear cut #1 TE in a team that I believe threw the most in the NFL last year and will throw a ton again

absolutely. I'd give real consideration to him over cook. I'd take him over Henry. 

I'm out on running backs in that range. Hard pass

rather take these guys than Gordon, fournette, etc

1.5 rounds later than he's going in my opinion

woods and Ridley are really good targets. Brown has the talent and Baltimore will throw more

just depends on how the board falls and who is there

not in a single QB league for me personally. 2 QB or super flex yes

that'sa different thread

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

A lot depends on the size of the league for me and where the value is in the spot I end up drafting.  I'm typically a strict late QB strat guy because something close to 40 QB's posted Top 12 fantasy QB weeks last season (we saw an atypically large amount of starting QB's miss time last season, but the average per season is still in the 37 QB range).  So there's a case to be made for streaming till you find a guy that sustains Top 10 (or better) weekly production - I don't think, for example, anyone who picked up and ran with Ryan Tannehill last season regrets it.  That said, 10-team or fewer leagues (which I still don't understand why people play in them), there is a distinct advantage to be had, similar to the one at TE, where the upper echelon (top 2 tiers) are consistently more productive than the rest of the pack of starters by more than a standard deviation - so if the value is right, there are worse moves that could be made.  I wouldn't go QB and TE early in the same draft though; if I draft either early, I'm basically committing to drafting the other position late barring absurdly ridiculous value (say, you draft Lamar in the 2nd or 3rd and Mark Andrews falls to the 7th or 8th round).

But Burrow is going to have multiple startable weeks (I'd argue more than someone like Rivers), Cam's going to be startable (yeah, yeah, inaccurate Cam - does anyone actually remember that McDaniels had freakin' Tim Tebow as a genuinely startable fantasy QB?), Minshew's going to have startable weeks.  Ryan is likely the best value of the late guys because we know what his ceiling (Top 3 fantasy QB) is and his floor is high enough to win you your league.  I've faded Wentz a little because of the OL injuries and his own track record for getting dinged up.  He'll likely do just fine and if push came to shove, I'm fine with him as my weekly starter, but I'd lean Stafford over him at the moment just due to the fact that if you project out the path Stafford was on last season before the back injury, it's pretty insane (would have been 5000 yards).  Even Goff (you'll have to deal with turnovers, but - again - we've seen what he's capable of and he had a ton of receivers tackled on the 1-yd-line last season that should see some positive regression towards completed passing TD's this season) is a viable late round guy.

23 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I like all 3 except Jones over Kelce

Same.  I'm really only about targeting Kelce early on if I'm in 10-team or less leagues (I never am, but if I were it would be in consideration) and even then, I'd want to it be a PPR format.

Jones is going to see TD regression to the mean from what he put up last season, but I think he's still a viable RB2.  I'd still take Drake and Mixon ahead of him 10/10 times.  Ekeler is someone I feel like I'm undervaluing outside of PPR formats, but if he gets the touches (and I really don't see Justin Jackson and Joshua Kelley as being that huge of threats for taking a lion's share of the timeshare away from him; that doesn't mean the Chargers won't), despite being a pretty average QB, Tyrod Taylor's RB's have a knack for producing in fantasy, even dating back to when he was in Buffalo.  I have a little concern that Joe Reed may end up getting some of the script plays that had previously gone to Ekeler last year, but so far it's only little.

On 8/29/2020 at 12:09 AM, Humble_Beast said:

Drew Brees. I was surprised no one picked him in my home league and he has a very easy schedule to start.

Nope, Give me all the Joe Burrow

For me it was the top four or Hurst/Herndon for me

idk how good Hurst is but he's gonna be on the field at all times and Dirk Koetter produces TE1 more times than not.

Yes, give me CEH in the top 7ish

Well you aren't drafting Fournette anymore. Fading Bell but give me Gordon all day

David Johnson could be a mid round pick, fifth round? I don't mind Akers there and you could probably get Monty later now

I like Taylor but that RBBC is gonna suck. Stash and wait for me if you can get him later than his adp

WR is deep again but plenty of guys, like the ones you listed, can finish as WR1

Yeah, Kyler is worth a 5th round pick.

I think K'Neal Harry breaks out this year.