FFMD Season 2021: What would you like to see?

EaglesPeteC

@EaglesPeteC If you're serious about doing a ffmd1 we really should start working out the details now.  If I'm a part of this, I need time to build these workbooks, work the kinks out, fix any formula errors because you know there'll be some, always is.  In fact sending out a call to start an official ffmd suggestion thread.  

I know @scar988 is really pushing for a "talent agency" which if that's what you are looking for we really should do a walk through with it.  We know that as good as a talent agency sounds, when you start getting into it; the pitch "requirement", which is what it is because if you don't do one it counts against you with the agents.  Just forcing the GM's which are hard to get now, asking them to do more work can't be appealing...we're couch potatoes. 

It also kills any game planning you have with your team as the GM is too busy doing other things, probably why so many GM's go rouge or at least to prefer to control their own team without any help from others.  Personally, I think having a completely transparent approach to this is needed.  People don't trust the "agents" if we're being honest, been burned once already by an agent as the Giants member as did the Eagles several years back, Philly's ffmd team know that better than anyone.  That said, have an auction style free agency using something similar to the year ffmd used the shark tank bidding workbook.  I got some really good ideas, I think that would allow for some game planning if we opted to use this method to manage the free agency.  Having a running Top 51 salary would be something we could use, so as you are bidding its calculating your top 51, is one of them.   Things that they don't need to spend the day trying to figure it out or after you've signed them and realize you've spent too much.     

I love the pitch idea, I hated removing it from the tcmd original build, because I really enjoyed writing them but in the end it just lead to complaints about the system not being fair.    

Having the "agent" just leads to favoritism, distrust, cheating and ultimately no one being interested in playing.  We watched it happen.  

Apologies if I've stepped on toes or pissed anyone off, but if you know me.  I love doing these mocks to the point of insanity.  Constantly going through it in my head working through to remove the loopholes and unfairness of it all.  Just calling it the way I see it.  I think scar's idea to this would work but it would need to be corrected in some areas so not opposed and in fact would like to work with scar on this to iron out all the details, find out what works what doesn't and fix it, and not just putting a bandaid on it to salvage the "agent" concept.  100% transparency is the way to go for a community mock and I'll debate that all day.    

9 hours ago, ny92mike said:

@EaglesPeteC If you're serious about doing a ffmd1 we really should start working out the details now.  If I'm a part of this, I need time to build these workbooks, work the kinks out, fix any formula errors because you know there'll be some, always is.  In fact sending out a call to start an official ffmd suggestion thread.  

I know @scar988 is really pushing for a "talent agency" which if that's what you are looking for we really should do a walk through with it.  We know that as good as a talent agency sounds, when you start getting into it; the pitch "requirement", which is what it is because if you don't do one it counts against you with the agents.  Just forcing the GM's which are hard to get now, asking them to do more work can't be appealing...we're couch potatoes. 

It also kills any game planning you have with your team as the GM is too busy doing other things, probably why so many GM's go rouge or at least to prefer to control their own team without any help from others.  Personally, I think having a completely transparent approach to this is needed.  People don't trust the "agents" if we're being honest, been burned once already by an agent as the Giants member as did the Eagles several years back, Philly's ffmd team know that better than anyone.  That said, have an auction style free agency using something similar to the year ffmd used the shark tank bidding workbook.  I got some really good ideas, I think that would allow for some game planning if we opted to use this method to manage the free agency.  Having a running Top 51 salary would be something we could use, so as you are bidding its calculating your top 51, is one of them.   Things that they don't need to spend the day trying to figure it out or after you've signed them and realize you've spent too much.     

I love the pitch idea, I hated removing it from the tcmd original build, because I really enjoyed writing them but in the end it just lead to complaints about the system not being fair.    

Having the "agent" just leads to favoritism, distrust, cheating and ultimately no one being interested in playing.  We watched it happen.  

Apologies if I've stepped on toes or pissed anyone off, but if you know me.  I love doing these mocks to the point of insanity.  Constantly going through it in my head working through to remove the loopholes and unfairness of it all.  Just calling it the way I see it.  I think scar's idea to this would work but it would need to be corrected in some areas so not opposed and in fact would like to work with scar on this to iron out all the details, find out what works what doesn't and fix it, and not just putting a bandaid on it to salvage the "agent" concept.  100% transparency is the way to go for a community mock and I'll debate that all day.    

I personally would like to go forward with a TCMD style for FFMD 1. It's what we've bee working on for some time now and I think it is at a place where it has been tested and worked through and I'd l'd like to try and roll it out as a FFMD sanctioned full fledged forum mock. 

31 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I personally would like to go forward with a TCMD style for FFMD 1. It's what we've bee working on for some time now and I think it is at a place where it has been tested and worked through and I'd l'd like to try and roll it out as a FFMD sanctioned full fledged forum mock. 

Sounds good to me.  I would like to discuss some potential changes to free agency.  Some of the guys had some pretty good ideas last year that id like to run through.  

Anyway we could set up a group to go over the finer points.  Would really like to discuss how to improve the war room.  

58 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Sounds good to me.  I would like to discuss some potential changes to free agency.  Some of the guys had some pretty good ideas last year that id like to run through.  

Anyway we could set up a group to go over the finer points.  Would really like to discuss how to improve the war room.  

I am going to put my 2 cents in on the WAR ROOM concept that GB Packers had during the TCMD for 2020.  We set up a discord chat that allowed us to plan, discuss and argue about all aspects of the TCMD process.  @Packerraymond and @FinneasGage can put their thoughts on on how they felt it worked.   I think allowing that as an option would facilitate and easy process for GM's to have an open discussion that is not viewable by other teams and removes the need to have a bunch of codes for players/prospects.

5 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I am going to put my 2 cents in on the WAR ROOM concept that GB Packers had during the TCMD for 2020.  We set up a discord chat that allowed us to plan, discuss and argue about all aspects of the TCMD process.  @Packerraymond and @FinneasGage can put their thoughts on on how they felt it worked.   I think allowing that as an option would facilitate and easy process for GM's to have an open discussion that is not viewable by other teams and removes the need to have a bunch of codes for players/prospects.

the set up last year in this... and the war room we had with me, squire and ray... was probably the best mock i've been in since prime ffmd where the whole forum was involved

• Like 1

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

I think Webby and etc really would not encourage that. The point is to bring more traffic and conversation to the forum not to that it to a different location. In the Eagles forum we just talked openly. The point is to bring in debate and conversation not to be secretive per se.

2 hours ago, ny92mike said:

Who do we want in the group? @squire12? @samsel23? Anyone else? 

58 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I liked the discord app, although I didn't use it myself for the Giants the access you granted me to peek in on the Packers discussions was valuable.  Completely agree with you about using codes for prospects as it just created another layer for the member to have to figure out to even be included in the discussions.  I imagine some would argue that war room discussions needs to be kept in house but after seeing how successful your group was in using discord it's hard to argue against at the bare minimum of allowing it as an option for communication.  Was never a fan of the previous ffmd rules of forcing open communication especially when game planning for the free agency.

1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I think Webby and etc really would not encourage that. The point is to bring more traffic and conversation to the forum not to that it to a different location. In the Eagles forum we just talked openly. The point is to bring in debate and conversation not to be secretive per se.

What about if we could get permissions to create group messages within the forum?  It isn't discord, which I really like but it would at least give the group a way to privately communicate strategy for free agency and even the draft.

Something to consider, even though GB used discord they still managed to produce 12 pages, 168 replies and 5,760 views in their war room.

Whichever direction we go here, we should allow for some private discussions that can include the entire group without worrying if the opponent is looking over their shoulder...just my opinion.

13 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Who do we want in the group? @squire12? @samsel23? Anyone else? 

It doesn't necessarily need to be a private group, an invite to have a discussion about it in public works too, but yes both of these guys for sure.  I'd also look to add some of the guys from BDL if they'd be interested in joining.  Nick (attempted to tag him but no longer see his name), @sparky151 helped me out a ton with the original build.  @Deadpulseand @scar988 are a few others off the top of my head.

@ny92mike, what are your thoughts on a 'pitch' bonus? For instance you have maybe 1 big pitch allowed each FA round that gets less effective each round that gives a percentage bonus on any offers put in. Maybe like 10% pitch bonus to an offer that will put it over other offers of the same value without the pitch bonus? This gives it a bit of nuance. 

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

@ny92mike, what are your thoughts on a 'pitch' bonus? For instance you have maybe 1 big pitch allowed each FA round that gets less effective each round that gives a percentage bonus on any offers put in. Maybe like 10% pitch bonus to an offer that will put it over other offers of the same value without the pitch bonus? This gives it a bit of nuance. 

I'm not opposed to seeing how it plays out.  A couple things would need to be cleared up.  What constitutes a valid pitch?  And if you have a pitch from different teams for the same player would it just be a flatline 10% regardless if one read better than the other?  My fear is that the pitch becomes the deciding factor on some very important players.  We've got all ages in here, some with college degrees that can write essays in their sleep.  I'm nervous that it presents an unfair advantage especially where there is a smaller group working in a war room.  I love the pitch concept but I also enjoy writing so finding a place for it would be cool.  In the last mocks I've done, I would type up how the player I was awarded in fa would help my team or the player that I didn't get was going to hurt my team.  Doing that kinda helped fill that void.

1 minute ago, ny92mike said:

I'm not opposed to seeing how it plays out.  A couple things would need to be cleared up.  What constitutes a valid pitch?  And if you have a pitch from different teams for the same player would it just be a flatline 10% regardless if one read better than the other?  My fear is that the pitch becomes the deciding factor on some very important players.  We've got all ages in here, some with college degrees that can write essays in their sleep.  I'm nervous that it presents an unfair advantage especially where there is a smaller group working in a war room.  I love the pitch concept but I also enjoy writing so finding a place for it would be cool.  In the last mocks I've done, I would type up how the player I was awarded in fa would help my team or the player that I didn't get was going to hurt my team.  Doing that kinda helped fill that void.

To add.

Including a pitch that has to be read would slow down the FA Award process.