FFMD Season 2021: What would you like to see?

EaglesPeteC

Leaving it to the team with the best contract offer is the way to go imo, those that have participated in tcmd I think would agree with me here.  It's simple, fast and effective without the headaches.  It's also transparent in the fact that they see exactly what they are offering when home town discount is included, teams are limited to how they structure the contract based on the age of the player, meaning you can't offer a 6 year deal on a player that's nearing the end of his career.  The structure of the contract takes into account guaranteed money over base salary.

The results of each bidding round allow for game planning, quick turnaround after each round is called.  It doesn't require more than myself to manage it all however I would prefer help.  No need to go complicating it with needing a dozen agents running around pretending they know what's best for my team.  If I underbid I can accept that and move on but if an agent doesn't agree with my pitch even when I put more money on the table.  I do have an issue with that.

• Like 1

Changing the topic with some focus on the war room.

I typed this up in an earlier post, but so many of the war rooms are divided on who to draft or sign.  So I was thinking that giving more control to the other members of the war room it would take some of the pressure off the GM.  

Rough draft so some or all of it may need some tweaking.  Not sold on this myself just looking at options to get more of the members involved.  We all like to think we're in charge of something.  When the GM is putting in the majority of the work and is looking to draft a certain player but gets out voted by the group that isn't putting in all that much work it kinda stings a little.  Just thinking that the titles in these mocks should mean something.  If I'm the offensive coordinator, I'd like to be the offensive coordinator and that my opinion is represented when targeting playmakers in free agency/draft.  Again, this is just a rough draft to a different approach to how the war rooms are conducted.

• Total Control style War Room, where those that want to be involved have “total control” to manage their position.  Since this is a new concept I’ll explain in more detail.  The idea behind this is that not all members within the group are going to commit to the same level of participation; however, giving them more control could change that.    Unlike in previous mocks the positions of Head Coach and Coordinators never really carried much value, as they were just titles that simply stated their expected level of participation.  Where with this option, these titles give or take away certain levels of power.  
    • General Manager

• Hires coaching staff.

• Determines the first pick selection in the draft.

• Addresses the needs of the team.

• Manages any voided coaching staff positions.

• Head Coach

• Total Control over Free Agent signings.

• Given the choice to make the teams 4th draft pick selection.

• Offensive Coordinator - Total Control over which offensive players are scouted in both the free agency and the draft.

• Given the choice to select the team’s 2nd or 3rd draft pick (to be determined by the GM)

• Defensive Coordinator - Total Control over which defensive players are scouted in both the fa and draft.

• Given the choice to select the team’s 2nd or 3rd draft pick (to be determined by the GM)

• Director of Player Personnel

• Pairs with the GM in finding potential trades.

• Must be able to negotiate a deal with not only the other team but the coaches holding the draft picks on your own team. 

• Provided the option to make the team’s 5th draft pick selection.

• Director of College Scouting

• These are your scouting gurus that know the draft well enough to find the talent in the later rounds.  As they will make the teams final two draft selections in rounds 6 and 7. 

• Getting Fired - Yes, that's right, you will be terminated from your GM  position, should you or your coaching staff fail to follow the guidelines.  Reasons for being terminated include but not limited to:

• Refusal to follow the guidelines

• Neglecting to follow the forum guidelines

• Non-active membership

• Gaming the system

7 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Changing the topic with some focus on the war room.

I typed this up in an earlier post, but so many of the war rooms are divided on who to draft or sign.  So I was thinking that giving more control to the other members of the war room it would take some of the pressure off the GM.  

Rough draft so some or all of it may need some tweaking.  Not sold on this myself just looking at options to get more of the members involved.  We all like to think we're in charge of something.  When the GM is putting in the majority of the work and is looking to draft a certain player but gets out voted by the group that isn't putting in all that much work it kinda stings a little.  Just thinking that the titles in these mocks should mean something.  If I'm the offensive coordinator, I'd like to be the offensive coordinator and that my opinion is represented when targeting playmakers in free agency/draft.  Again, this is just a rough draft to a different approach to how the war rooms are conducted.

• Total Control style War Room, where those that want to be involved have “total control” to manage their position.  Since this is a new concept I’ll explain in more detail.  The idea behind this is that not all members within the group are going to commit to the same level of participation; however, giving them more control could change that.    Unlike in previous mocks the positions of Head Coach and Coordinators never really carried much value, as they were just titles that simply stated their expected level of participation.  Where with this option, these titles give or take away certain levels of power.  
    • General Manager

• Hires coaching staff.

• Determines the first pick selection in the draft.

• Addresses the needs of the team.

• Manages any voided coaching staff positions.

• Head Coach

• Total Control over Free Agent signings.

• Given the choice to make the teams 4th draft pick selection.

• Offensive Coordinator - Total Control over which offensive players are scouted in both the free agency and the draft.

• Defensive Coordinator - Total Control over which defensive players are scouted in both the fa and draft.

• Director of Player Personnel

• Pairs with the GM in finding potential trades.

• Must be able to negotiate a deal with not only the other team but the coaches holding the draft picks on your own team. 

• Provided the option to make the team’s 5th draft pick selection.

• Director of College Scouting

• These are your scouting gurus that know the draft well enough to find the talent in the later rounds.  As they will make the teams final two draft selections in rounds 6 and 7. 

• Getting Fired - Yes, that's right, you will be terminated from your GM  position, should you or your coaching staff fail to follow the guidelines.  Reasons for being terminated include but not limited to:

• Refusal to follow the guidelines

• Neglecting to follow the forum guidelines

• Non-active membership

• Gaming the system

I would be shocked if we had 192 people participating in any FFMD. 

6 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I would be shocked if we had 192 people participating in any FFMD. 

192?  You doing math on me again...haha.

It was just a kicking off spot.  If you guys favor running it like it's always been ran I'm good with that.  Was just spinning up some ideas that I thought would get more involved and that didn't leave everything up to a community vote.  I'd like to see the actual GM have a little more control of the team without him being accused of going rogue (edit...I can't spell).

Edited by ny92mike

3 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

192?  You doing math on me again...haha.

It was just a kicking off spot.  If you guys favor running it like it's always been ran I'm good with that.  Was just spinning up some ideas that I thought would get more involved and that didn't leave everything up to a community vote.  I'd like to see the actual GM have a little more control of the team without him being accused of going rogue (edit...I can't spell).

Dont get me wrong, in an ideal world I LOVE the idea of forcing GM's to get staff involved. I would also LOVE to have active war rooms for each team. Unfortunately, there just arent enough people interest no matter how much we promote. I have been trying for YEARS to get consistent posters in the Patrtiots forum somewhat involved in any of these mocks. I have PM'd, posted a war room and tagged everyone and just posted like I was talking to myself. The most I have ever gotten is the obligatory, "Ill offer my opinion when I am around," that typically leads to no opinions lol. Then there are the subs that are a literal ghost town like Indy and ATL. 

Ultimately, I am not opposed to shooting for the moon with this idea and seeing where we fall. Sometimes though, you gotta go with Nick Fury's wise words, "We take the world as it is, not as we’d like it to be."

It's up to @EaglesPeteC if he wants to shoot for such a high level of participation. Again, I would love it if we could get there, but I dont think we will; though we definitely wont get there if we dont try. 

8 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Dont get me wrong, in an ideal world I LOVE the idea of forcing GM's to get staff involved. I would also LOVE to have active war rooms for each team. Unfortunately, there just arent enough people interest no matter how much we promote. I have been trying for YEARS to get consistent posters in the Patrtiots forum somewhat involved in any of these mocks. I have PM'd, posted a war room and tagged everyone and just posted like I was talking to myself. The most I have ever gotten is the obligatory, "Ill offer my opinion when I am around," that typically leads to no opinions lol. Then there are the subs that are a literal ghost town like Indy and ATL. 

Ultimately, I am not opposed to shooting for the moon with this idea and seeing where we fall. Sometimes though, you gotta go with Nick Fury's wise words, "We take the world as it is, not as we’d like it to be."

It's up to @EaglesPeteC if he wants to shoot for such a high level of participation. Again, I would love it if we could get there, but I dont think we will; though we definitely wont get there if we dont try. 

Appreciate your honesty and believe me I know exactly what you mean.  I just remember being the gm, putting in the hours to manage it and then get voted down on a pick/player because some members that never contributed in helping forced my hand to pick a player that I wasn't a fan of.  Perhaps just having it set up to where some of the picks are voted on while other picks are given to members that are participating.  I'm not trying to reinvent the wheel with this concept just trying to find a happy medium where the GM and those members that are invested have more control of the team and that every single move doesn't require a vote from people that really aren't even interested is all.

Edited by ny92mike

1 minute ago, ny92mike said:

@Deadpulse I agree that my original proposal is a bit much.  I just like the idea of rewarding participating members.  Perhaps, I'm off on this but I think it would ultimately get more people involved in the long run.

Maybe we tier it based on participation? Perhaps if you can fill all roles those rules apply but if you only have say a GM and a HC we would consolidate the other roles into those two giving both things to do that the other doesn't still.  

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

Maybe we tier it based on participation? Perhaps if you can fill all roles those rules apply but if you only have say a GM and a HC we would consolidate the other roles into those two giving both things to do that the other doesn't still.  

I'm down for that option.

The way I see it, is more people would be down to participate if they were given a draft pick to make.  

Passing out draft picks like this, we would need to work out how the trading of these picks would go down.  Community vote or the person in charge of the pick has the permission to trade it away if they wish, just a couple of options.  Any thoughts on the matter?  Or it requires the GM's approval to add a different option.

Edited by ny92mike

Not the same as the pitch/agent but rather than a replacement would be to include commentators.  Chiming in after each bidding round or asking questions about the signing from each team.

Edit:  this would provide substance for good discussion in the forum and a way for teams to explain their signings without it affecting the actual bidding process.

Thoughts?

Edited by ny92mike

If we really want more people involved we need a simpler and clean mock. I think that is the TCMD model. Trying to simulate personal player motivation is so messy and will lead mostly to fires that I’m not trying to put out. 

you want a player, offer the most $. It’s a business. Money talks louder than anything

I think the GM needs to just be clear how he is going to use his staff.

Personally, I do voting because I view myself as the delicate for the Eagles forum. If a GM wants to listen to his war room and make the final call then that is also fine as long as he clearly communicates it to his war room.

most saltiness comes from the war room believing it’s a voting thing and a GM thinking he should get final say. Just be clear how you want to run your war room from the start. 

• Like 1

I’m just thinking about actually sitting down and reading those pitches. Honestly I probably won’t. I’ll see who offers the most money. 

the only way pitching might work is let’s say we do the TCMD bids and we flag every 2 or more bids that are let’s say $500k difference in bid Then have those 2 teams write a quickpitch and decide what team he picks.