Jaguars trade Yannick Ngakoue to Vikings for 2nd & Condtional 5th

TheRealMcCoy

5 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I think you could of gotten a 1 easily, before the draft. Problem is the rumor the Jags wanted Two 1st, or more then just a 1st. At this point of the season, they are lucky they got that TBH. 

Just never saw a team wanting to give up a 1, while also giving him a new contract. With him wanting out and the way he handled the whole situation, a 2 and 5 (maybe better) is a good return at this point. 

Now we have 9 picks in the first five rounds (1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 4, 5, 5)

Devils advocate. 

If Yannick has to sign the Tag for this trade to go through, Why would he sign the Tag if a long term contract isnt in the works or can't be negotiated?

Why is this situation any different then him being a Jag? Before someone says because Yan will lose X amount of millions weekly, he would of lost that too as a Jag?

Edited by Nabbs4u

4 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Devils advocate. 

If Yannick has to sign the Tag for this trade to go through, Why would he sign the Tag if a long term contract isnt in the works or can't be negotiated?

Why is this situation any different then him being a Jag? Before someone says because Yan will lose X amount of millions weekly, he would of lost that too as a Jag? 

He probably just didn’t want to play for the Jags anymore.  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

He probably just didn’t want to play for the Jags anymore.  

Yea I think he just wants out. At the very least the relationship between him and Caldwell has improved over the last few weeks but it was more like there wont be anymore Twitter beef or anything rather than going to their kids birthday party...

2 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I wonder what the conditions are to make it a 3rd, but yeah its a reasonable deal for both sides I think.

The Vikings are sending Jacksonville a second-round pick plus a conditional fifth-round pick that could raise as high as a third-round pick. If Ngakoue is a Pro Bowler this year, it becomes a fourth-round pick. If the Vikings win the Super Bowl and Ngakoue makes the Pro Bowl, it’s a third-round pick.

• Like 1

@CourtneyRCronin

Ngakoue's franchise tender is $17.8 million but I'd expect that number to drop somewhere in the 12-13 range with a restructure on the one-year deal for the DE. Minnesota will then have the ability to offer Ngakoue a long-term deal in 2021 since he didn't sign his tender by July 15.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Both teams got what they wanted. 

Good luck to Yan. He was a fan favorite at one point. Go win that SB, Vikes.

Yep.

Unfortunate we had Coughlin royally screw up on every good young player we drafted. Happy it's over. Not thrilled with the compensation but when July 15th passed it was never going to be what Jags fans had hoped.

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

I think you could of gotten a 1 easily, before the draft. Problem is the rumor the Jags wanted Two 1st, or more then just a 1st. At this point of the season, they are lucky they got that TBH. 

We never even got offered a 1+ from the sounds of it. There was rumors of Las Vegas offering 17 but that doesn't sound like it ever happened.

Mark Long for the AP said we never even got a concrete offer.

38 minutes ago, Dome said:

That’s like, half a Jamal Adams 

Vikings did good

Jamal Adams has control.

Yan doesn't have a contract and can't sign an extension til next year. He could very well leave (although unlikely).

Very different situations. Yans situation was like Clowneys last year.