Ngakoue traded to Vikings for 2nd & Conditional 5th

TheRealMcCoy

Just now, .Buzz said:

The Vikings have one of the most talented rosters in the league. I'm not going to be rooting for them to get a huge COVID outbreak and potentially harm players. That's the only way they have any chance of picking in the top 10-15.

So yeah, give me a 2nd that's 5-10 picks later for a  3rd instead of a 5th.

I'm not rooting for them to get sick either thats terrible. I'm just rooting for a worse record and for Yan to make the Pro-Bowl. They were 10-6 last year, not 13-3 though.

For arguments sake, lets say the Vikings dont win their division. That means there's:

2 of Seattle/SF/LAR

Maybe 1 of Dallas/Philly

TB?

Fighting for 2 WC spots. Its not so unbelievable to think they could miss the playoffs. 

2 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I'm not rooting for them to get sick either thats terrible. I'm just rooting for a worse record and for Yan to make the Pro-Bowl. They were 10-6 last year, not 13-3 though.

For arguments sake, lets say the Vikings dont win their division. That means there's:

2 of Seattle/SF/LAR

Maybe 1 of Dallas/Philly

TB?

Fighting for 2 WC spots. Its not so unbelievable to think they could miss the playoffs. 

MIN is better than everyone but Seattle, SF, and potentially TB. Don't think it's particularly close tbh.

It's not impossible, but I don't see how they get worse adding another bookend/very good pass rusher to go with what they had. A move like this helps put a team over the top as long as Cousins doesn't torpedo.

18 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

MIN is better than everyone but Seattle, SF, and potentially TB. Don't think it's particularly close tbh.

It's not impossible, but I don't see how they get worse adding another bookend/very good pass rusher to go with what they had. A move like this helps put a team over the top as long as Cousins doesn't torpedo.

I'm not saying adding Yannick makes them worse. That's silly but their best offensive weapon has had issue staying healthy before. They are definitely better than Dallas/Philly but those 2 play in a weaker division and therefore wins are easier to come by than playing in the NFC North. 

3 minutes ago, Counselor said:

What does this mean for Chaisson?

Have to imagine his role increases. I imagine Smoot has a bigger role to start things out opposite Allen and Chaisson gains a bigger and bigger role as the season goes on.

SLB, move to DE and rush the passer on obvious pass situations.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Have to imagine his role increases. I imagine Smoot has a bigger role to start things out opposite Allen and Chaisson gains a bigger and bigger role as the season goes on.

SLB, move to DE and rush the passer on obvious pass situations.

What position is Allen playing? End or LB?

The only team i'm rooting for in this, is anyone else.

I'm ******* tired of this ****.  Trading a Top-30 pass rusher on a value contract for a late 2nd round pick and hanging on like the conditional pick means a single ******* thing to the team and the value of the return?

NO.

NO.

This team deserves every bad thing that happens to it, based on what they've done.  And i don't want to cheer for it.

7 hours ago, Tugboat said:

The only team i'm rooting for in this, is anyone else.

I'm ******* tired of this ****.  Trading a Top-30 pass rusher on a value contract for a late 2nd round pick and hanging on like the conditional pick means a single ******* thing to the team and the value of the return?

NO.

NO.

This team deserves every bad thing that happens to it, based on what they've done.  And i don't want to cheer for it.

Agreed 100% Most bad teams draft poorly and make poor FA decisions. 

We have actually had at least average success with the draft at times but we've alienated so many good players.

How long has it been since we had a good CB to be excited about like Jalen Ramsey? Rashean Mathis like a decade earlier?

Yannick Ngakoue?...maybe Tony Brackens in terms of years of potential playing time in Teal unlike Calais

Allen Robinson?...maybe Justin Blackmon for a few games but really it was Jimmy and Keenan

• Like 1

• 2 months later...