Sign in to follow this  
beardown3231

Vikings acquire Ngakoue

48 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

They still have to re-sign him. I am a little surprised by the lack of market,

Crazy. I figured they'd get at least one 1st rounder for him. I can't believe the season begins in 11 days and Clowney is a UFA still

48 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

JAGBEARS

Jagbuars sounds worse though. 

I don't think they're going to end up dropping off a cliff. I think it's just as likely that the Bears make the playoffs, the two QBs play OK and the offense looks good enough that Nagy gets a shot with Trey Lance or Brock Purdy or Josh Rosen or something, and I think Pace gets to stay.  I really think it'd have to be a truly terrible team to get both fired. (sorry)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

They still have to re-sign him. I am a little surprised by the lack of market,

Well, the scuttlebutt was that Jacksonville was originally asking for two firsts, which sent the rest of the league walking away in fits of laughter. So, when the craziness of this off-season reared its ugly head, Jacksonville's bargaining position was crushed. But a second and a fifth is still just a bad haul. 

I'd imagine the Vikings will be able to sign him once they get their cap ironed out. 

I figured Minnesota might be the third best team in the division, hovering around .500 this year, but this acquisition makes them more dangerous, and back in the playoff picture in my book.

• Like 2

Just now, WindyCity said:

Charles Leno had a bad day.

But at least we drafted a TE and a CB. That makes all the difference, doesn't it? 

11 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

But at least we drafted a TE and a CB. That makes all the difference, doesn't it? 

The TE will help.

Everson Griffen usually *** whoops Leno and Yannick is on that level 

19 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I still say you guys are going to win the division this year.  The Vikings are in reload mode with a lot of young guys and who knows where the Packers are with the Rodgers/Love situation and no decent WR's outside of Adams.  Detroit has to worry about the health of Stafford.  The Bears still have that beastly defense and Foles/Trubisky will be good enough to get you through for the wins.

COVID and it's impact on the preseason makes everything somewhat unpredictable.  I can foresee quite a few teams struggling to get their offenses on track.

As long as Rodgers plays in GB they will always be seen as an NFCN favorite.  My grandson who researches them better than I even research the Bears and writes a Packer blog and hosts a Packer podcast believes the talent at WR is better than some believe plus Rodgers has a tendency to make average produce better than average.

To me Detroit is always an enigma.  Stafford is a good QB but for whatever reason or series of reasons they never seem to be able to put it all together on both sides of the ball and rise above mediocrity.  If there's one NFCN who should be awarded that mantle it's not the Bears. It's Detroit.  We run far more hot and cold.

My understanding of Minny is that you all are set back a bit due to some personnel losses and also from struggling to get consistency for your OL.  Cousins may or may not be any better than a Trubisky/Foles combo but the Vikes defense is stout and now made even stouter by the addition of Ngakoue.

My read is that we have at least three reasonable equal and competitive teams in the NFCN going in.  But how it all breaks out across the course of the season if key players are lost to injury or COVID quarantines no on can easily project.  Depth will certainly come into play along with whose luckiest.

9 minutes ago, soulman said:

COVID and it's impact on the preseason makes everything somewhat unpredictable.  I can foresee quite a few teams struggling to get their offenses on track.

As long as Rodgers plays in GB they will always be seen as an NFCN favorite.  My grandson who researches them better than I even research the Bears and writes a Packer blog and hosts a Packer podcast believes the talent at WR is better than some believe plus Rodgers has a tendency to make average produce better than average.

To me Detroit is always an enigma.  Stafford is a good QB but for whatever reason or series of reasons they never seem to be able to put it all together on both sides of the ball and rise above mediocrity.  If there's one NFCN who should be awarded that mantle it's not the Bears. It's Detroit.  We run far more hot and cold.

My understanding of Minny is that you all are set back a bit due to some personnel losses and also from struggling to get consistency for your OL.  Cousins may or may not be any better than a Trubisky/Foles combo but the Vikes defense is stout and now made even stouter by the addition of Ngakoue.

My read is that we have at least three reasonable equal and competitive teams in the NFCN going in.  But how it all breaks out across the course of the season if key players are lost to injury or COVID quarantines no on can easily project.  Depth will certainly come into play along with whose luckiest.

Fair assessment.  I would also add that the old chestnut "if you have 2 QBs you have no QB" might not really apply this year. Having 2 guys that can kinda play QB is better than having a great QB that gets sidelined with a test.  Who knows. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

Fair assessment.  I would also add that the old chestnut "if you have 2 QBs you have no QB" might not really apply this year. Having 2 guys that can kinda play QB is better than having a great QB that gets sidelined with a test.  Who knows. 

Normally I'd prefer what we though we had last season.  Mitch progressing toward becoming a franchise QB and an inexpensive vet backup who knows the offense and can be expected to win at least half his starts.  But all of that changed when Mitch regressed.  Hopefully we will come out of his with a clear #1 and #2 but if not we would still have the best two QBs in the NFCN and this year that may be more important than ever.  So yeah, who knows?

Look at the Silver Lining on this trade...for the rest of the division.  Vikes lost Griffen.  Added Yannick.  I think Yannick is a click better, but he won't move the needle all that much compared to Griffen.

And...this move likely costs them Reiff.  That o-line was already poor and it's going to get worse.  Once they invest long term in Yannick, maybe Hunter wants/deserves more.  Maybe he doesn't, but that's a lot of money to tie up and move away from bolstering that offensive line.

Sure Edge rushers can wreck plays, even games.  But...I think games are still won in the trenches.  And that o-line could be the worst in the division if Reiff does in fact get released.

Who knows, it's a funny league, he could be starting for the Bears in week one.....

It'll be interesting to watch.  This much is certain.  There are some nasty pass rushers in the division.  Mack/Quinn.  Flowers.  Hunter/Yannick.  Z Smith/ P Smith.  Better have those tackles ready to go.

My Twitter pole results had people preferring the Bearguars over JAGBEARS, which surprised me.

17 hours ago, WindyCity said:

My Twitter pole results had people preferring the Bearguars over JAGBEARS, which surprised me.

Jabguars sounds better anyway