The Good, the Bad, the Ugly vs. Denver

RaidersAreOne

Good:

-Jamazing (I just wrote that because I know I'll spell his name wrong) me and my brother have been saying wth have they completely not used him. He always plays great. He needs to see more touches 

-Mack was huge

- Mario Edwards played very well 

- I am still being impressed my Morrow. I think he can have a bright future as a good cover LB; really want to see him continue to progress through the year 

-Carrie 

-McDonald played well. Always nice to see a new player step up.

-defense overall played as well as I could have expected

- I THINK I saw Luani get in a couple of plays..need to go back and watch, but if so, I'm glad because I think he can serve some purpose when needed on defense. 

BAD

- Offense; as I unfortunately expected to get zero offense against this great defense. 

- Our best offensive production came from our backup QB today. Soo maybe I should move EJ Manuel into the good.

UGly:

-fake punt call was horrible 

-not enough holding penalties called for us IMO

- just getting bullied overall by a better team right now..a team that plays with more attitude.

- and what happened to the attitude of our OLIne???! Looking really outplayed these last two weeks..granted against good to great competition.

*sometimes football is a attitude thing. A mindset, a stubburness, .that no one is going to break my tackle, no one is going to take me down without a fight, that I'm going to hurt you,  Not always 100% about talent. I feel like we're lacking that right now. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks to me like our O-line overall is playing much worse than last year. No where near the top of the league like they were. The first two games looked good, but these last two they've been pushed around, can't make holes, and are allowing too much pressure too early on. I don't know if I've seen any plays where Carr can just stand back and assess the field after the snap. I read a stat that said he 's getting rid of the ball faster than anyone else in the league this year. And I have to wonder if that's partly because he has too. 

30 minutes ago, TheMadStork said:

Good:

-Jamazing (I just wrote that because I know I'll spell his name wrong) me and my brother have been saying wth have they completely not used him. He always plays great. He needs to see more touches 

Jamize had been injured, that's why you haven't seen him play.

1 minute ago, NickButera said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks to me like our O-line overall is playing much worse than last year. No where near the top of the league like they were. The first two games looked good, but these last two they've been pushed around, can't make holes, and are allowing too much pressure too early on. I don't know if I've seen any plays where Carr can just stand back and assess the field after the snap. I read a stat that said he 's getting rid of the ball faster than anyone else in the league this year. And I have to wonder if that's partly because he has too. 

I think they said that on SNF last week iirc

2 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

So, out of curiosity, what's happened to the OL? I haven't watched the last two Raider games, but I like to browse this thread each week to keep tabs on a rival, and I've seen them pop up a lot in a negative way. But I don't see an obvious reason for why they'd have regressed so much. Any real reason for the struggles?

Newhouse is terrible and Penn has definitely regressed. Our interior might be the best in the NFL our T's are question marks at this point. 

I really want a T in the 1st next year. If BPA was T it'd be a no brainer. 

2 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

So, out of curiosity, what's happened to the OL? I haven't watched the last two Raider games, but I like to browse this thread each week to keep tabs on a rival, and I've seen them pop up a lot in a negative way. But I don't see an obvious reason for why they'd have regressed so much. Any real reason for the struggles?

Against Washington, they were just all around awful. Worst game I've seen the oline play since Rodney Hudson got here. Couldn't run or pass block. 

Today we did a better job of pass blocking, but again awful in the run game. Imo we have always been an overrated oline when it comes to run blocking. Everybody mentioned our line with the cowboys and I always stated we weren't as well rounded as them. In the run game we are just ok in that area, which to me is not good enough when you invest as much money as we have in that unit. Donald Penn has looked a older and step slower so far, and we all knew Marshall Newhouse was garbage. 

I really don't get what is happening with our offense.

Musgrave might have been a much better OC then given credit for...

Tice need to kick some asses, because this highest paid OL in football simply played poorly lately.

Downing the wonder young OC seems to be lost...where is that advertised creativity and agressive approach? What happened with Cooper? Why can't we use our TE's and RB's effectively?

What the mighty $#!% happened to Derek Carr? Our franchise QB, the almost highest paid player in the NFL? He plays like a rookie...he seems affraid in the pocket...his leg injury ruined his confidence in the OL? 

I just simply don't get how last years top 10 Offense looks like bottom 5 lately...

The Redskins seem better than advertised. Their DC seems totally insane and is on a vendetta against all the NFL's best offenses. I mean the Rams looked silly against them so if they play the chiefs hard and slow them down then I'm less inclined to say the offense has problems.  Denver has more talent on defense than any team in the NFL. It's really unreal how they continue to be dominant. They remind me of the early 2000 ravens. Also Mile High is one of the most difficult places to play for opponents. Altitude and noise can really screw up a team. Honestly I think this team will look better at home.

That being said Cooperhas been invisible the first month of the season. That's completely unacceptable, I mean the dude needs to win his matchups. It's not like he's playing lock down corners every week. And when he gets free can his just make a catch? I am so sick of dropped passes. I'm getting flashbacks of DHB and Alvis Whitted

As for Penn, dudes old, no two ways about it. It was going to be coming at some point and I'm pretty frustrated that there wasn't more of an attempt to find a replacement for him. 

Finally Carr...man I don't even know about him. I love the guy but the dude needs to be better. 

And it don't get easier for them playing against that Ravens defense on Sunday. 

4 hours ago, Rolni said:

I really don't get what is happening with our offense.

Musgrave might have been a much better OC then given credit for...

Tice need to kick some asses, because this highest paid OL in football simply played poorly lately.

Downing the wonder young OC seems to be lost...where is that advertised creativity and agressive approach? What happened with Cooper? Why can't we use our TE's and RB's effectively?

What the mighty $#!% happened to Derek Carr? Our franchise QB, the almost highest paid player in the NFL? He plays like a rookie...he seems affraid in the pocket...his leg injury ruined his confidence in the OL? 

I just simply don't get how last years top 10 Offense looks like bottom 5 lately...

Carr has never been that great under pressure, that's why scouts had him graded as a 2nd Rounder. The whole "fell because David" thing is not all that accurate. That's why the Texans passed on him in the 2nd but that's the only team you can say that for. 

With that said, Carr is stil a Top 10 QB and future Top 5-6 QB. We just have to protect him better and we will see the Carr of last year. 

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Carr has never been that great under pressure, that's why scouts had him graded as a 2nd Rounder. The whole "fell because David" thing is not all that accurate. That's why the Texans passed on him in the 2nd but that's the only team you can say that for. 

With that said, Carr is stil a Top 10 QB and future Top 5-6 QB. We just have to protect him better and we will see the Carr of last year. 

No Qb is great under pressure with the exception of a locked in Aaron Rodgers. The o line makes a team run, look at Dallas, they're o line is weaker this year than last and it shows up on their offense.

Archived