Vikings Trade for Yannick Ngakoue DE

CriminalMind

So it'll be interesting what the contract extension number will be for Ngakoue. Having Hunter as your alpha on a bargain might lower Ngakoue price a little. I was on board with getting Clowney, so I'm happy with the move. Assuming he is signed, I also like the tidbit, that big money goes to more valuable DE position (as opposed to RB right now).

• Like 2

Damn!  Purple people eaters here we come, amazing move by the Vikings!  Did not give up much and I love that it is not a 1st round pick which really it should have been.  Sure losing Everson is big but he was getting old obviously, replace him with a younger end like Ngakoue who has crazy high sack numbers for his first four seasons in the league, 37.5 in his first four years is great.  Dude can play and put him opposite Hunter they will be one of the best DLs in the NFL even without Pierce playing this season.  

6 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Didn’t see this one coming at all. Seems like a bargain of a trade. 

I’d say it’s a bargain only if they get a long term deal done next year. 

While I would certainly say giving up a 2nd for a one year rental of a player of Ngakoue’s talent is worth the risk, if he’s not here in 2021 I’d say the deal was equal. 

Standing 6-2 and weighing 246 pounds, Ngakoue was rumored to be getting closer to re-signing with the Jaguars but apparently the two sides couldn’t reach a deal that would work for both parties. 

As far as compensation, the Vikings would be lucky to have selected a pass rusher with the technique and ability of Yannick Ngakoue in the second round in the draft and adding a conditional pick to the mix hedges the bet that Minnesota will only give up more compensation only if their new player is highly successful.

https://thevikingage.com/2020/08/30/minnesota-vikings-trade-yannick-ngakoue/?fbclid=IwAR0m1P23bHDR7jPTNCTUfDOf6ekqVw7KXBJRwuidQgMxMe3O0SiQdjlnWPw

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

We’ve got $12.9M in cap space. 

Someone’s restructuring, or someone’s getting cut. 

Right, but it’s certainly less daunting than having to go through a Dallas Cowboy level of restructuring. 

8 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

So is Hunter’s injury worse than a “ding?” Is he looking for more money? 

I think it’s nothing more than a rental. I don’t know if we can give a lesser DE more money than Hunter and keep him happy. 

That's what I was thinking too. Hunter has to know he's on a bargain contract.

I hope Slick Rick has a plan to keep Hunter happy not to mention  Cook too.