Vikings Trade for Yannick Ngakoue DE

CriminalMind

11 hours ago, TENINCH said:

Or being the look for a permanent home in the Twin Cities area! 😊

I know that you are kidding. Yet, why would any professional athlete buy a house at any point before they retire?  It's rare, unfortunately, that any player stays with a single team for their whole career.  Even the great QB's.  Brady is in TB.  Rodgers will end his career playing somewhere other than Green Bay.  Mahomes will probably not always QB in KC.  And these are the superstars.  Ngakoue is NOT a superstar, and will not likely retire a Viking.

10 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

I know that you are kidding. Yet, why would any professional athlete buy a house at any point before they retire?  It's rare, unfortunately, that any player stays with a single team for their whole career.  Even the great QB's.  Brady is in TB.  Rodgers will end his career playing somewhere other than Green Bay.  Mahomes will probably not always QB in KC.  And these are the superstars.  Ngakoue is NOT a superstar, and will not likely retire a Viking.

They can afford to have multiple houses and I imagine the houses they buy keep the value pretty well

1 hour ago, Virginia Viking said:

Mahomes has a house here (my wife knows where it's at), but I know he doesn't stay there permanently.  I think he and his now fiancee go back down to Texas every offseason.

7 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Oh jeez I completely missed this haha

He probably wasn't going to play this year anyways but I hope he recovers quickly and is ready for 2021.

The scuttlebutt from "people in the know" was that The Vikings were going to try to put him onto The Practice Squad, but they were worried that another team would grab him.  His getting hurt might be what saves him for The Vikings, rather than them losing him for good.  I think he's got what it takes to be AT LEAST a good quality versatile back-up and STer, and rotation player.  I was afraid he'd be grabbed by another team who has early multiple injuries.

• Like 1