Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Mid Iowa

The 2020 Saints Roster

Recommended Posts

I'm really digging what I'm reading about this year's team.

Ceedy Duce (formerly C.J. Johnson-Gardner) seems to be coming on as strong as we expected, and hasn't failed us like a few have in the past.

Our LB corps seems to also be playing strongly. Let's hope they can stay healthy. I truly think if our LB corps is strong, our D-line and secondary will be among the best, if not THE best in the league. Don't grill me about talent, I know there are more talented units, I'm talking how good they'll work together and shut down opposing offenses.

Breeze and Hill are looking good enough. I hope Winston can step up. He has improved in attitude, but not so much in play, from what I'm hearing.

Thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lots of talent. Just gotta hope they can gel together and produce on the field.

I'm hoping the veteran leadership in the secondary fixes some of the issues we've been having and I'm hoping Ruiz & Sanders can push our offense to the next level. Excited to watch in a couple of weeks.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed @JMG5
Now I just hope they can reach a decent agreement with Kamara, who's apparently holding out for a new contract now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

Agreed @JMG5
Now I just hope they can reach a decent agreement with Kamara, who's apparently holding out for a new contract now.

I'm not sure how much leverage Kamara has. I know Underhill was optimistic something gets done, however looking at the UFA list for RBs next season, we have plenty of other options. Not only that, but with the new protocols, he's going to need 3-4 days to get cleared and back on the field.

With regards to the rest of the roster:

- Will be interesting to see how the DBs do in real games. PJ, P-Rob and Keith Washington seem to be getting INTs and PBUs. Lattimore, Jenkins and CJGJ are looking locked in (according to reports).

- LB battle is going to be one to watch. Bachie looks like a NFL vet (according to our LB coach), Anzalone looks like a stud, Baun is flashing, Elliss and Hansen have coverage potential.

- WR battle for one spot should be interesting. MT and Sanders looks like a deadly duo. Smith seems to have taken the next step. Harris has worked on his routes and might be more than a gadget player. Then you've got Ty Montgomery who can line up as either a WR or RB and cause headaches. Butler who looks like a possession guy.

- TE's look good. Cook is continuing to show his chemistry with Brees. Trautman is ahead of the curve when it comes to route running and catching. I think he'll start as a secondary target, but thus far looks like someone who can contribute on 2 TE packages.

 

One key point of worry is Malcolm Jenkins. Payton brought him up twice while being asked about Kamara's absence. I'm not sure what's going on, but it seems like Payton isn't happy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ceedy Duce my main man. How has he been looking? What role does he look to have in the Defense this year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Counselor said:

Ceedy Duce my main man. How has he been looking? What role does he look to have in the Defense this year?

Should be our starter in the slot. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, JMG5 said:

Should be our starter in the slot. 

Is he a baller or what?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Is he a baller or what?

Definite baller. Most reports state he's taken the next step in development. We'll see when the games are for real, but so far it looks good.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

I'm not sure how much leverage Kamara has. I know Underhill was optimistic something gets done, however looking at the UFA list for RBs next season, we have plenty of other options. Not only that, but with the new protocols, he's going to need 3-4 days to get cleared and back on the field.

Kamara is a game changer, and so is McCaffery, and the other guys in the same pay range Kamara is seeking, BUT, he's not McCaffery. Nobody is at this point. The kid is unstoppable, and is as healthy as they come. Alvin can't quite say that, and right now, his talent is purely speculation.

That said, I don't want to lose him!!

13 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

- LB battle is going to be one to watch. Bachie looks like a NFL vet (according to our LB coach), Anzalone looks like a stud, Baun is flashing, Elliss and Hansen have coverage potential.

- WR battle for one spot should be interesting. MT and Sanders looks like a deadly duo. Smith seems to have taken the next step. Harris has worked on his routes and might be more than a gadget player. Then you've got Ty Montgomery who can line up as either a WR or RB and cause headaches. Butler who looks like a possession guy.

I always worry about Anzalone's health. Such a badass, and so fragile (so far, anyway).

Regarding the WR's, Harris is scary how fast he gets to full speed. Corners don't stand a chance against him!! I was pumped when I saw the film, and thought it was an optical illusion until I saw the speed with everyone else involved..... my God!!!!

13 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

One key point of worry is Malcolm Jenkins. Payton brought him up twice while being asked about Kamara's absence. I'm not sure what's going on, but it seems like Payton isn't happy.

I'm going to hold my tongue about Jenkins. He's quite the player, but he's a social disruption (and I get it, if I were Black, I probably would be too). But man, he's all over the place, and not always in a good way (team wise)(damn I feel like a schmuck typing that). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Is he a baller or what?

We've been talking about him since he cracked the lineup. The guy is a head hunter, and will hit like a tank!! The upside is he's actually good in coverage. It's hard to find both.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JMG5 said:

Should be our starter in the slot. 

Just think, Ceedy practices opposite Harris. KaPow!!
Our corners practice against Brees. KaPow!!!
Our LB's practice against Kamara, Cook and crew. KaPow!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...