The 2020 Saints Roster

Mid Iowa

I'm really digging what I'm reading about this year's team.

Ceedy Duce (formerly C.J. Johnson-Gardner) seems to be coming on as strong as we expected, and hasn't failed us like a few have in the past.

Our LB corps seems to also be playing strongly. Let's hope they can stay healthy. I truly think if our LB corps is strong, our D-line and secondary will be among the best, if not THE best in the league. Don't grill me about talent, I know there are more talented units, I'm talking how good they'll work together and shut down opposing offenses.

Breeze and Hill are looking good enough. I hope Winston can step up. He has improved in attitude, but not so much in play, from what I'm hearing.

Thoughts?

Lots of talent. Just gotta hope they can gel together and produce on the field.

I'm hoping the veteran leadership in the secondary fixes some of the issues we've been having and I'm hoping Ruiz & Sanders can push our offense to the next level. Excited to watch in a couple of weeks.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

Agreed @JMG5
Now I just hope they can reach a decent agreement with Kamara, who's apparently holding out for a new contract now.

I'm not sure how much leverage Kamara has. I know Underhill was optimistic something gets done, however looking at the UFA list for RBs next season, we have plenty of other options. Not only that, but with the new protocols, he's going to need 3-4 days to get cleared and back on the field.

With regards to the rest of the roster:

- Will be interesting to see how the DBs do in real games. PJ, P-Rob and Keith Washington seem to be getting INTs and PBUs. Lattimore, Jenkins and CJGJ are looking locked in (according to reports).

- LB battle is going to be one to watch. Bachie looks like a NFL vet (according to our LB coach), Anzalone looks like a stud, Baun is flashing, Elliss and Hansen have coverage potential.

- WR battle for one spot should be interesting. MT and Sanders looks like a deadly duo. Smith seems to have taken the next step. Harris has worked on his routes and might be more than a gadget player. Then you've got Ty Montgomery who can line up as either a WR or RB and cause headaches. Butler who looks like a possession guy.

- TE's look good. Cook is continuing to show his chemistry with Brees. Trautman is ahead of the curve when it comes to route running and catching. I think he'll start as a secondary target, but thus far looks like someone who can contribute on 2 TE packages.

One key point of worry is Malcolm Jenkins. Payton brought him up twice while being asked about Kamara's absence. I'm not sure what's going on, but it seems like Payton isn't happy.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

I'm not sure how much leverage Kamara has. I know Underhill was optimistic something gets done, however looking at the UFA list for RBs next season, we have plenty of other options. Not only that, but with the new protocols, he's going to need 3-4 days to get cleared and back on the field.

Kamara is a game changer, and so is McCaffery, and the other guys in the same pay range Kamara is seeking, BUT, he's not McCaffery. Nobody is at this point. The kid is unstoppable, and is as healthy as they come. Alvin can't quite say that, and right now, his talent is purely speculation.

That said, I don't want to lose him!!

- LB battle is going to be one to watch. Bachie looks like a NFL vet (according to our LB coach), Anzalone looks like a stud, Baun is flashing, Elliss and Hansen have coverage potential.

- WR battle for one spot should be interesting. MT and Sanders looks like a deadly duo. Smith seems to have taken the next step. Harris has worked on his routes and might be more than a gadget player. Then you've got Ty Montgomery who can line up as either a WR or RB and cause headaches. Butler who looks like a possession guy.

I always worry about Anzalone's health. Such a badass, and so fragile (so far, anyway).

Regarding the WR's, Harris is scary how fast he gets to full speed. Corners don't stand a chance against him!! I was pumped when I saw the film, and thought it was an optical illusion until I saw the speed with everyone else involved..... my God!!!!

One key point of worry is Malcolm Jenkins. Payton brought him up twice while being asked about Kamara's absence. I'm not sure what's going on, but it seems like Payton isn't happy.

I'm going to hold my tongue about Jenkins. He's quite the player, but he's a social disruption (and I get it, if I were Black, I probably would be too). But man, he's all over the place, and not always in a good way (team wise)(damn I feel like a schmuck typing that).