Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Eagles27

Mariners-Padres swap Nola for Trammell in 7 player deal

Recommended Posts

I really like Nola, but this would be a great sell high if "highly regarded" isn't hyperbole.

Nola is a solid player, who would be very valuable if he were 4-5 years younger. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't love Trammell, but can't really complain about that.

Curious to see the rest of the deal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Slateman said:

 

*spits drink* Wait what

Am I missing something on Nola? He's a 30 year old 2nd year player. was meh his rookie year. Are we really supposed to believe he is worth Trammell based on 30 games this year? That seems like a massive overpay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mse326 said:

Am I missing something on Nola? He's a 30 year old 2nd year player. was meh his rookie year. Are we really supposed to believe he is worth Trammell based on 30 games this year? That seems like a massive overpay.

Got Dipoto'd.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, mse326 said:

Am I missing something on Nola? He's a 30 year old 2nd year player. was meh his rookie year. Are we really supposed to believe he is worth Trammell based on 30 games this year? That seems like a massive overpay.

Bat first catcher with position flexibility. Offense isn't a total fluke IMO.  

I don't think he is worth a top 75 prospect, but I guess the Padres overlooked his age and put a lot of value on his years of control. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, mse326 said:

Am I missing something on Nola? He's a 30 year old 2nd year player. was meh his rookie year. Are we really supposed to believe he is worth Trammell based on 30 games this year? That seems like a massive overpay.

The Padres had a team OPS+ of 125 which would rank 2nd all time. Now they are replacing Austin Hedges (69 OPS+) with Austin Nola (150 OPS+) and will start Mitch Moreland (202 OPS+) instead of Jurickson Profar (76 OPS+).

 

Even if he reverts to last season, 114 wRC+ catchers dont exactly grow in trees.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its telling that two organizations traded a top 50-75 prospect within a year. They probably dont think Trammell is going to hit enough in the majors, and that is a major concern. Still love the trade for the Mariners. Munoz has a legit 80 fastball and can be your closer after he recovers from surgery and I wouldnt be surprised if France is the starting 2B for the Mariners by the end of the year if Seager isnt unloaded. He's going to be useful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Full trade:

That is a incredible return for the M's...

Adams is good, but a reliever... and nobody will miss Altavilla.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Slateman said:

The Padres had a team OPS+ of 125 which would rank 2nd all time. Now they are replacing Austin Hedges (69 OPS+) with Austin Nola (150 OPS+) and will start Mitch Moreland (202 OPS+) instead of Jurickson Profar (76 OPS+).

 

Even if he reverts to last season, 114 wRC+ catchers dont exactly grow in trees.

Moreland is irrelevant to this trade.

1. I know Mejia is playing like crap but it is far too early to give up on him
2. It was 114 playing mostly infield. The wear and tear of being a full time catcher I would expect it to be lower. Even in the minors he only had 2 seasons catching over 30 games. Now that does mean he doesn't have the wear and tear of a 30 year old catcher, but you would still expect him to hit worse as a full time catcher.

I'm not saying he doesn't have value, but he doesn't have Taylor Trammell value.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Eagles27 said:

Full trade:

That is a incredible return for the M's...

Adams is good, but a reliever... and nobody will miss Altavilla.

Holy ****. Altavilla is terrible. I would have cut him for free. What a trade for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, devils1854 said:

Its telling that two organizations traded a top 50-75 prospect within a year. They probably dont think Trammell is going to hit enough in the majors, and that is a major concern. Still love the trade for the Mariners. Munoz has a legit 80 fastball and can be your closer after he recovers from surgery and I wouldnt be surprised if France is the starting 2B for the Mariners by the end of the year if Seager isnt unloaded. He's going to be useful.

I don't know that trading him for Trevor Bauer is telling. Bauer has been dealing, it wasn't a sell low.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the Pads sending out some quality prospects do you think this takes them out of the clevinger deal or would they be willing to deplete the farm system a little more and do what it takes to get someone like Clev.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

With the Pads sending out some quality prospects do you think this takes them out of the clevinger deal or would they be willing to deplete the farm system a little more and do what it takes to get someone like Clev.

No, not even close. They're still the favorites.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tom Cruise What GIF

Dipoto dismantled Preller is this deal. Nola's a 30 year old bat first catcher with little track record ffs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...