Dalvin Cook Tears ACL

incognito_man

57 minutes ago, mcmurtry86 said:

Most skill position players take a full season+ to get back to their "normal" level of play after an ACL tear. I would expect 2018 to be a down year for him whenever he comes back.

Idk about that anymore. 9-10 months seems to be more typical. Hopefully he is back right around the start of training camp. 

1 hour ago, mcmurtry86 said:

Most skill position players take a full season+ to get back to their "normal" level of play after an ACL tear. I would expect 2018 to be a down year for him whenever he comes back.

Ehhhhhh. It’s early enough in the year I think he has a chance to bounce back.

Terrible news, he’s looking great so far.

2 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Idk about that anymore. 9-10 months seems to be more typical. Hopefully he is back right around the start of training camp. 

Getting back on the field in 9-10 months, sure. Getting back to pre-injury form? No way.

There have been a few exceptions, but usually, that first season back is a bit of a down year.

Absolutely brutal this year for the Vikings. He was really helping give the offense balance. I do think that the Vikings are more of a passing team right now anyways so getting Bradford back this week and healthy for the season is paramount right now.

Cook is young and I expect him to bounce back quickly. It'll be interesting to see what the Vikings team looks like next season, especially if Bradford misses any time again and Bridgewater plays which seems likely if Bradford misses time late in the season. I think putting Cook with Bridgewater would give the Vikings a nice offense for a while, especially with a pretty young WR corp.

Archived