Week 1 Eagles Vs Washington (Insert name)

mar29020

3 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

After reading that whole post I was expecting a more confident prediction.

Over/Under 2.5 sacks for Chase Young?

I say he gets 8-9 and I think he could honestly get more but none of our edge guys will be getting every snap. To be honest I think sweat has more this year than kerrigan and young but time will tell.

and the reason I say you guys still win is bc talent on offense for example the only player that we know is a sure thing on our offense is McLaurin 

• Like 1

Just now, LoganF89 said:

I say he gets 8-9 and I think he could honestly get more but none of our edge guys will be getting every snap. To be honest I think sweat has more this year than kerrigan and young but time will tell.

and the reason I say you guys still win is bc talent on offense for example the only player that we know is a sure thing on our offense is McLaurin 

Fair... but we might have someone playing LT that has no business and also Reagor might be out. Lane Johnson should be back but I haven't heard of him practicing yet.

And, rotating isn't always a bad thing. Will keep your edges fresher to go all out on a higher percentage of snaps.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

That's an easy over lol....

Bradley Chubb got 12 his rookie year. I'm pretty sure Young will at least hit 9.

I say he gets 8-9 like I said 3 guys will rotate and this defensive scheme will finally allow kerrigan to get his hand in the dirt and not worry about covering at all so it benefits him even more so we shall see

1 minute ago, LoganF89 said:

I say he gets 8-9 like I said 3 guys will rotate and this defensive scheme will finally allow kerrigan to get his hand in the dirt and not worry about covering at all so it benefits him even more so we shall see

3 guys mainly rotating isn't a lot. Young will still get a lot of snaps.

Edit: Chubb got 844 snaps his rookie year. I could see Young matching that for sure.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy
  • Like 1

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

Fair... but we might have someone playing LT that has no business and also Reagor might be out. Lane Johnson should be back but I haven't heard of him practicing yet.

And, rotating isn't always a bad thing. Will keep your edges fresher to go all out on a higher percentage of snaps.

True I mean a good rotation is how San frans defense dominated last year. Our Dline is def our strong point 

• Like 1

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

3 guys mainly rotating isn't a lot. Young will still get a lot of snaps.

Right but I’m saying those are our 3 main guys. Anderson will get his chances on the edge. Especially in run downs. I was just mainly naming those 3 bc they are impact defensive players. We have 5 1st round picks on the Dline, Ioannidis is the most underrated on the line. I want to say he tallied 8 sacks last year as a 3-4 end. Our defense was terrible last year, manusky should of been fired a long time ago, he didn’t know how to run a 3-4 our disguise blitzes. Del Rio is a whole different t animal and we extremely benefit by going back to a 4-3 with the depth we have. I’m honestly surprised no one was traded. Like I said settle is our 4th guy on the interior and when he gets his chances to play he’s solid!

1 minute ago, LoganF89 said:

Right but I’m saying those are our 3 main guys. Anderson will get his chances on the edge. Especially in run downs. I was just mainly naming those 3 bc they are impact defensive players. We have 5 1st round picks on the Dline, Ioannidis is the most underrated on the line. I want to say he tallied 8 sacks last year as a 3-4 end. Our defense was terrible last year, manusky should of been fired a long time ago, he didn’t know how to run a 3-4 our disguise blitzes. Del Rio is a whole different t animal and we extremely benefit by going back to a 4-3 with the depth we have. I’m honestly surprised no one was traded. Like I said settle is our 4th guy on the interior and when he gets his chances to play he’s solid!

Yeah. DT will be rotating more for you guys I think, but like I said that is a good problem to have. Moving to the 4-3 will definitely benefit a guy like Sweat.

I'll say we win 24-17. Game is tied going into the 2nd half like 14-14. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah. DT will be rotating more for you guys I think, but like I said that is a good problem to have. Moving to the 4-3 will definitely benefit a guy like Sweat.

I'll say we win 24-17. Game is tied going into the 2nd half like 14-14. 

I could see that

13 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

You almost sound like a Washington fan man. 😂 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

After reading that whole post I was expecting a more confident prediction.

Over/Under 2.5 sacks for Chase Young?

For the game? I think it’s under, I’ll be shocked and extremely floored if Chase gets 2.5 or more sacks in the game. Don’t forget it’s not entirely about who is playing LT which, even with Dillard out doesn’t seem like a big issue for you all bc won’t Peters play there? 

Beyond that though, getting Carson Wentz to the ground is a chore for any front 7, a tremendous chore. Every time we’ve played you all since he was a rookie he’s escaped at least 2 sacks a game it seems like. 

And, I don’t know for sure but I think it’s very likely that Chase Young will be rushing from LDE more than RDE but, he’ll probably rush from both sides. I think Montez Sweat is going to stay on the right side so, Chase will be going against Lane Johnson most of the game.

I don’t know what will happen, this offseason has been such an enigma bc of COVID. We will just have to see where Chase lines up but it will probably be more on the left side if I had to guess.

As far as the season goes for Chase and his sack totals, a lot of Washington fans do seem to think that Chase is going to have below 10 sacks, I’m not one of them. I think he’s the best pass rusher on a defensive line that’s full of good to great pass rushers.

I think Chase will challenge for Jevon Kearse’s rookie record of 14.5 sacks and may break it. As crazy as it sounds I think some Washington fans are sleeping on how dominant he will be right away. I attribute their thought process on that due  to the talent on the rest of our DL and our rotational depth of him having to compete with Kerrigan for snaps and Sweat.

Still, to me, even if Kerrigan gets a few more sacks than he did last year and Sweat gets around 10 again while Ioannidis and Allen both get above 5 again, I still think Chase will challenge Kearse’s rookie record of 14.5 sacks bc he’s just that good and as I said before I think he’ll be rushing mostly at LDE and going against RTs which for most teams is a weaker position than LT.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

I think Chase will challenge for Jevon Kearse’s rookie record of 14.5 sacks and may break it. As crazy as it sounds I think some Washington fans are sleeping on how dominant he will be right away. I attribute their thought process on that due  to the talent on the rest of our DL and our rotational depth of him having to compete with Kerrigan for snaps and Sweat.

Still, to me, even if Kerrigan gets a few more sacks than he did last year and Sweat gets around 10 again while Ioannidis and Allen both get above 5 again, I still think Chase will challenge Kearse’s rookie record of 14.5 sacks bc he’s just that good and as I said before I think he’ll be rushing mostly at LDE and going against RTs which for most teams is a weaker position than LT.

Javon Kearse was on a team that went to the Super Bowl in his rookie year.  Chase won't have nearly the same amount of opportunities where he'll know the offense he's playing against is behind and will have to pass.  

That said, I think he'll end up right around 10 sacks.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

And, I don’t know for sure but I think it’s very likely that Chase Young will be rushing from LDE more than RDE but, he’ll probably rush from both sides. I think Montez Sweat is going to stay on the right side so, Chase will be going against Lane Johnson most of the game.

I did not know that. Interesting.

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

For the game? I think it’s under, I’ll be shocked and extremely floored if Chase gets 2.5 or more sacks in the game. Don’t forget it’s not entirely about who is playing LT which, even with Dillard out doesn’t seem like a big issue for you all bc won’t Peters play there? 

I'm hoping they just are trying to see what they have in the young guys and don't want to give Washington an advantage knowing Peters will be at LT and they are secretly working behind the scenes to rework his contract, but that's probably just me being optimistic. If Matt Pryor starts week 1, then I fully expect whoever is at LDE mainly  (Montez Sweat) to have 1.5-2.5 sacks. In the last practice available to the media Josh Sweat was beating him at LT like a drum for like 3 or 4 sacks. 

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

You could be right, but I think it's more likely that Young will rush mostly as the weak-side DE, whether RDE or LDE, depending on the offensive formation.  Here's a clip of him rushing at RDE in yesterday's practice.  You can see that Sweat is at LDE.

I think Sweat will line up mostly as the strong-side DE unless he's in the game with Kerrigan or Anderson on the opposite end.

Edited by HTTRDynasty
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Javon Kearse was on a team that went to the Super Bowl in his rookie year.  Chase won't have nearly the same amount of opportunities where he'll know the offense he's playing against is behind and will have to pass.  

That said, I think he'll end up right around 10 sacks.

Actually Chase will have more opportunities bc our offense likely won’t be able to control the ball & the clock/possessions the way the Titans used to with Air McNair and especially their run first/ball control offense with Eddie George.

Our offense may be 3 & out a lot. That will give our defense more time on the field which in turn gives our pass rushers more opportunities to rack up stats.