Week 1 Eagles Vs Washington (Insert name)

mar29020

Just now, Woz said:

He's also a 4th year player taken in the second round. I would think that asking for more than one assist wouldn't be too much to ask.

@e16bball - if we're talking about people who should have been cut to make room for Foster, here's another option. Even if Smith never sees the field, I think he'll have more an impact on the team's success than Anderson will.

Then we would have to find someone else to be the goal line FB that we don't use.  

But yes, I agree.  Anderson shouldn't be here at this point.  

10 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Well Fuller can only play one position at a time. Have Fuller replace Apke, then it’s Darby & Moreau @ CB w/ Moreland in the slot

I think you mean "Fuller replace Apke, then it's Moreland & Moreau @ CB," right @Thaiphoon?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Then we would have to find someone else to be the goal line FB that we don't use.  

But yes, I agree.  Anderson shouldn't be here at this point.  

Pinch o' Sprinkle?

9 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

It could also be how Rivera coaches this team.  He's all about the players, something we haven't had since Gibbs really.  Gruden and Allen and Co constantly left guys out to dry.  It has to be a breath of fresh air to feel like they are supported.  

Which would be yet another good thing for a change of culture.

Anyone else get a reverse deja vu feeling from watching this game?

Started out 17-0 and then complete takeover from the other team. Its like we switched places with the Eagles from last year.

Definitely felt good being the team that made the adjustments and ended up winning the game.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

If they brought in a backup OL as another TE, yes, but Sprinkle is also needed to block on the line during those packages as well. 

Feel like they'd have a better chance with Sprinkle moving in the backfield than on the line.

Hey guys Cardinals next week. Murray was sacked alot last yr. His skills  will be all over the place next week. Our secondary look okay today with the exception of Apke. Pretty good for a secondary without some off season workouts together. They will get Hopkins and Fitzgerald next wk bad news for Apke. We should be a little better Offensively.   

26 minutes ago, Woz said:

Oh, that's no joke. Just a bit surprised is all.

I think it’s worth revisiting.  It seems like we made in game adjustments that worked.  Apke was getting picked on early, I don’t know what changed but that wasn’t the case later on.  The blitzes generally were creative and benefitted the squad as a whole.  The secondary made plays because the dline was causing so much havoc.  We haven’t had a scary defense since Gibbs 2.0 and Gregg Williams were around.

• Like 1