Week 1 Eagles Vs Washington (Insert name)

mar29020

Just now, MKnight82 said:

I think it’s worth revisiting.  It seems like we made in game adjustments that worked.  Apke was getting picked on early, I don’t know what changed but that wasn’t the case later on.  The blitzes generally were creative and benefitted the squad as a whole.  The secondary made plays because the dline was causing so much havoc.  We haven’t had a scary defense since Gibbs 2.0 and Gregg Williams were around.

n4K6gYG.gif

2 minutes ago, Woz said:

I think the secondary is going to be a bigger issue.

I think we'll be "okay" there if Fuller gets back soon.  But so much of any team's success or failure is due to QB play, and I think Dwayne's main weakness is his inaccuracy.  If he can be better there, we can possibly make some noise.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I think we'll be "okay" there if Fuller gets back soon.  But so much of any team's success or failure is due to QB play, and I think Dwayne's main weakness is his inaccuracy.  If he can be better there, we can possibly make some noise.

I'm just looking for progress and improvement. Making noise is the gravy on top of the gravy on the biscuits. (and yes, you read that correctly)

1 minute ago, Woz said:

I'm just looking for progress and improvement. Making noise is the gravy on top of the gravy on the biscuits. (and yes, you read that correctly)

I agree.  I don't expect anything better than 6-10, but all I'm saying is that there is a chance with accurate QB play.  Really unfortunate Zampese wasn't able to work with Haskins more on his footwork/mechanics this offseason.

2 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I agree.  I don't expect anything better than 6-10, but all I'm saying is that there is a chance with accurate QB play.  Really unfortunate Zampese wasn't able to work with Haskins more on his footwork/mechanics this offseason.

All very true.

40 minutes ago, 4209 said:

Hey guys Cardinals next week. Murray was sacked alot last yr. His skills  will be all over the place next week. Our secondary look okay today with the exception of Apke. Pretty good for a secondary without some off season workouts together. They will get Hopkins and Fitzgerald next wk bad news for Apke. We should be a little better Offensively.   

Problem will be containing a QB with the mobility of Kyler Murray.  Where Wentz took too long to decide what he was going to do and take sacks, Murray is going to make two reads and likely get moving with his feet.  

• Like 1

Just now, naptownskinsfan said:

Problem will be containing a QB with the mobility of Kyler Murray.  Where Wentz took too long to decide what he was going to do and take sacks, Murray is going to make two reads and likely get moving with his feet.  

Of course, as we all saw, all it takes is a QB to take one too many runs and that changes their entire trajectory.

No, I don't think that's the case with Murray, but I suspect Young and company are looking to go huntin'.

2 minutes ago, Woz said:

Of course, as we all saw, all it takes is a QB to take one too many runs and that changes their entire trajectory.

No, I don't think that's the case with Murray, but I suspect Young and company are looking to go huntin'.

On the same hand, said QB had a hurt knee and they continued to play him.  It wasn't just one hit.  

Going to have to be very careful in how they play him.  Being over-aggressive will lead to disaster.  Might be better to rush four and keep a spy on him.  I can't see some of the LB blitzes we used today working out well against him.  

Problem with that- do we have a guy who is athletic enough to spy on him?

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

On the same hand, said QB had a hurt knee and they continued to play him.  It wasn't just one hit.  

Going to have to be very careful in how they play him.  Being over-aggressive will lead to disaster.  Might be better to rush four and keep a spy on him.  I can't see some of the LB blitzes we used today working out well against him.  

Problem with that- do we have a guy who is athletic enough to spy on him?

Well, they did have Sweat act as a spy on one play. Granted that was a long completion by Wentz, but it is an option.

Like I said

2 minutes ago, Woz said:

Well, they did have Sweat act as a spy on one play. Granted that was a long completion by Wentz, but it is an option.

We better have a spy. Murray is very elusive and slippery. A contain rush is best b/c he will take it the house.