Week 1 Eagles Vs Washington (Insert name)

mar29020

2 hours ago, 4209 said:

WOW!!!!! Just saw the Cardinals went on the road and  beat the 49ers . Murray 230 yds pass one TD, 91 yds rushing and 1 TD rush. Hopkins 14 rec and 151 yds receiving., 16 targets. Our tricycle Off better put some points up next wk lol. But I think our OFF can score on their D also. Buckle up for another rough ride guys. 

And since we have their 3rd rounder this year we need as many losses from them as possible.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

And since we have their 3rd rounder this year we need as many losses from them as possible.

49ers will get theirs, but I think people were sleeping on the Cardinals entering this year.  Having Murray's speed and Nuk at receiver, this is going to be a tough offense to stop.  They also have some good defensive pieces, but their linebackers may be their Achilles heel. 

9 hours ago, NateDawg said:

There really isn’t much of a fair player comparison for what you guys are going to have in Chase Young. Just enjoy it. And be glad that the team with pick number one wanted a quarterback.

That team down southwest right? I’m so elated we have Chase, he completes a great DL which should be intact - save Kerrigan & one of the DTs - all decade. With the way this group dominates and plays together, you have to make sacrifices elsewhere on the roster to keep them together, I’d think.

As for Burrow, I meant to tell @PARROTHEAD he looked pretty good yesterday. He almost brought them from behind on the final drive, well he actually did but AJ Green got called for a push off on his TD - which was the right call but I still don’t like those calls tbh, I miss the days where DBs & WRs had more hand fighting and contact. 

Then, Bullock missed the game tying field goal and he also injured his calf which exacerbates that problem bc they might need a new kicker at least for a few weeks.

Edited by turtle28

10 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

49ers will get theirs, but I think people were sleeping on the Cardinals entering this year.  Having Murray's speed and Nuk at receiver, this is going to be a tough offense to stop.  They also have some good defensive pieces, but their linebackers may be their Achilles heel. 

The NFC West is going to be a blood bath this year. All 4 teams have good talent and are within arms reach of each other (thought the Niners were a little overrated due to the limits of Jimmy G, and Cards were a little undervalued). It's kinda like the NFC East of the past decade only there's talent. 

5 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

That team down southwest right? I’m so elated we have Chase, he completes a great DL which should be intact - save Kerrigan & one of the DTs - all decade. With the way this group dominates and plays together, you have to make sacrifices elsewhere on the roster to keep them together, I’d think.

As for Burrow, I meant to tell @PARROTHEAD he looked pretty good yesterday. I mean really good if you consider being a rookie QB w/ no preseason games.

I was thinking the same thing... and then he threw that AWFUL shuttle pass... but there was A LOT to like. 

10 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

You think? TWill trucked Jordan Hicks like he was a middle schooler! 😂 

They really got burned by Reddick not turning out. You take a LB in round 1 and they bust and that really hurts a lot.

17 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I was thinking the same thing... and then he threw that AWFUL shuttle pass... but there was A LOT to like. 

I liked how Taylor had Burrow running some QB draw plays like we used to run with RG3 and Cousins as young QBs with Kory L leading them up the middle for 5 to 10 yards, then Burrow would slide down. Easy pick up.

Turner should do that with Haskins, but he has to preach to Haskins to get down if a defender is within a few yards of you; don’t take any unnecessary hits.

Edited by turtle28

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Turner should do that with Haskins, but he has to preach to Haskins to get down if a defender is within a few yards of you; don’t take any unnecessary hits.

Maybe. Haskins has some athletic ability, but not what Burrow has. Haskins is good for a sneaky run maybe two or three times a game, but defenses aren't going to sit on it. They will have to with Burrow. 

Was watching the game again and was watching JFM's pick. Hard to see just from TV. But I think this really could'be been a pick 6 if one player had done something different. 

If Bostic had peeled back and taken out the receiver (the one that ended up trailing Jimmy and tripping him up), then Moreland could've threaded his blockers downfield. The guy Bostic was blocking downfield, Sweat would've gotten. 

At JMU they did the following whenever there was an INT:

1. All the receivers were immediately blocked by the DBs/LBs that were covering them.
  2. The QB was blocked/screened from going anywhere.
  3. After that, the DB with the pick should be able to outrun the fat guys on the OL.

It's why JMU had so many pick-6's and one reason why JFM had 6 in his career there.