Jaguars release RB Leonard Fournette

.Buzz

26 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

I think that it speaks pretty loudly about how the league feels about Fournette. He’s not worth his rookie contract price. 

26 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

I think that it speaks pretty loudly about how the league feels about Fournette. He’s not worth his rookie contract price. 

And to think we could have had watsob or mahomes

Trades a 5th round pick for Carlos Hyde to do literally nothing, then can't find a way to get any pick for Leonard Fournette.  It's not like Hyde was even on a cheap deal at the time.  

This franchise is a ******* joke.  Plain and simple.  The people in charge are idiots.  From the owner who is a cheapskate who doesn't know a thing about football and doesn't care at all, to the management who are penny-pinched yes-men who spent more than half a decade running an embarrassing losing franchise, yet were given another try because...  ???

Fournette is still a top-end RB.  He's got limitations, but he's at least a player who can move the ball and be entertaining.  They didn't even get anything in return.  He's just...gone.  4th overall to not even a 4th round pick, before his crucial rookie deal is up.

I hate this team.  I want to cheer for them, but i honestly kinda hope everyone involved from the owner down fails massively at this point.  I'm just sick of it.

5 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

😪 McCaffrey...you could have drafted about 10 RBs from that class that were better than Fournette. 

Everyone knows you could've drafted "better" RBs from that draft class...

But i think that's missing the point of how inept the Jaguars have been for basically a decade.  Fournette really isn't as bad as he's made out to be.  McCaffrey isn't as good as he's made out to be.  Situation is crucial...and the Jaguars situation is basically be a RB mired in a puddle of feces.  Like a full on, giant lagoon of septic waste.  And being expected to make something out of that.

7 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Trades a 5th round pick for Carlos Hyde to do literally nothing, then can't find a way to get any pick for Leonard Fournette.  It's not like Hyde was even on a cheap deal at the time.  

This franchise is a ******* joke.  Plain and simple.  The people in charge are idiots.  From the owner who is a cheapskate who doesn't know a thing about football and doesn't care at all, to the management who are penny-pinched yes-men who spent more than half a decade running an embarrassing losing franchise, yet were given another try because...  ???

Fournette is still a top-end RB.  He's got limitations, but he's at least a player who can move the ball and be entertaining.  They didn't even get anything in return.  He's just...gone.  4th overall to not even a 4th round pick, before his crucial rookie deal is up.

I hate this team.  I want to cheer for them, but i honestly kinda hope everyone involved from the owner down fails massively at this point.  I'm just sick of it.

And Hyde was serviceable for the Texans last year too so was it Hyde or was it us being inept? we know that answer

10 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Let’s not act like we released Fred Taylor in his prime. Fournette was not a game changer. He’s a terrible fit for today’s game.

I’m glad this offense is going to be centered around Minshew.

Yeah, I mean I get th argument as far as him likely being a better overall talent than the RBs on the roster but he clearly is going to be a square peg in a round hole. It's not like he's very good either...just happens to be the best we had.

Now you open the opportunity for a guy like Ozigbo, Robinson, or someone else to take this opportunity and turn into something.

It's also well documented how Fournette has been when he doesn't get his way. If you go with a committee, how do you really think that goes over with him in a contract year? Gonna go ahead and answer that and say not well.