Jaguars release RB Leonard Fournette

.Buzz

Just now, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I mean...wasnt he with Bortles all those years? obviously Foles failed. We all love Minshew but TB is the GOAT

No one's saying he's wrong (although TBD on Minshew)...

But this team is going through an obvious rebuild with a lot of young/fresh faces as they're attempting to change the image here. Dude campaigned for Cam Newton and again takes a parting shot at the current QB here as he walks out the door. 

Just makes me feel even better about it.

I mean he's not wrong on either account. Minshew wasn't good, he was simply "good for a rookie" and "promising". This absolutely will be the first time in his entire career that he will have actual good without a qualifier QB play, and aside from the 3 plays in 2017 that he played with ARob, it's the first time in his NFL career that he actually will have players that can take pressure off of him.

And for all the complaints I have about him, I honestly see nothing wrong with him expressing the reasons he's excited to be in his new situation.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, pwny said:

I mean he's not wrong on either account. Minshew wasn't good, he was simply "good for a rookie" and "promising". This absolutely will be the first time in his entire career that he will have actual good without a qualifier QB play, and aside from the 3 plays in 2017 that he played with ARob, it's the first time in his NFL career that he actually will have players that can take pressure off of him.

And for all the complaints I have about him, I honestly see nothing wrong with him expressing the reasons he's excited to be in his new situation.

Seems as though no one can take any accountability when they leave here. Regardless of the pitfalls of this organization and self inflicted shots in the foot they have made/continue to make.

It's not even so much that I have major issues with it truthfully, more so just makes me feel better about jettisoning guys who aren't long term answers who may have caused issues due to past pitfalls of the organization while they try to change the culture/attitude around here. I realize it's the same regime besides Coughlin, but I'd rather them take the route they are (that I'd expect a new regime would've also done) than continue down the old path. 

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Seems as though no one can take any accountability when they leave here. Regardless of the pitfalls of this organization and self inflicted shots in the foot they make.

It's not even so much that I have major issues with it truthfully, more so just makes me feel better about jettisoning guys who aren't long term answers who may have caused issues due to past pitfalls of the organization while they try to change the culture/attitude around here. I realize a lot of the same guys are still here and it may not, but I'd rather them take the route they are (that I'd expect a new regime would've also done) than continue down the obvious bad path.

Nobody every publicly takes accountability. You don't see Dave Caldwell coming out and admitting they lowballed Yan and that helped sour the relationship, or that he screwed up the Bortles selection, or that it was his fault for keeping Gus so long, or Tony admitting he shouldn't have engaged with Yan on Twitter. And the organization literally seeded lies about the Ramsey situation to turn public opinion in their favor.

I don't know why when you get that from the organization that you'd expect players to just essentially take the full brunt of blame by being the only ones to admit fault.

I get wanting to jettison someone who did all the things that Lanard apparently did while here, but pointing to this as further entrenching that idea, I just don't see it.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, pwny said:

Nobody every publicly takes accountability. You don't see Dave Caldwell coming out and admitting they lowballed Yan and that helped sour the relationship, or that he screwed up the Bortles selection, or that it was his fault for keeping Gus so long, or Tony admitting he shouldn't have engaged with Yan on Twitter. And the organization literally seeded lies about the Ramsey situation to turn public opinion in their favor.

I don't know why when you get that from the organization that you'd expect players to just essentially take the full brunt of blame by being the only ones to admit fault.

I get wanting to jettison someone who did all the things that Lanard apparently did while here, but pointing to this as further entrenching that idea, I just don't see it.

Fair enough, I see what you're saying...

Guess it'd just be a breath of fresh air to see one player leave and say, "I'm here, this is a new opportunity and I'm ready to take advantage," rather than go in on the last organization said player was with.

Just my thoughts.

14 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Fair enough, I see what you're saying...

Guess it'd just be a breath of fresh air to see one player leave and say, "I'm here, this is a new opportunity and I'm ready to take advantage," rather than go in on the last organization said player was with.

Just my thoughts.

I'd say that's what we got from Malik, Calais and A.J. when they left. But when those (really the latter two) left, people just assumed that they were super happy with everything and everyone else is overreacting. 

When these just don't speak out, then the organization gets to set the narrative. And we already know that their choice is to paint everyone against the player they're out against. Remember, the organization really got Oehser to tell the world that no one in the locker room thought of Ramsey as a friend and that every single player in the locker room wanted him gone. We know that's a bald face lie but only because players were willing to speak out about how they support Ramsey and dislike the organization's behavior. If the organization is going to lie about what is going on, they're just inviting the spited players to speak out like this.

Edited by pwny
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, pwny said:

I'd say that's what we got from Malik, Calais and A.J. when they left. But when those (really the latter two) left, people just assumed that they were super happy with everything and everyone else is overreacting. 

When these just don't speak out, then the organization gets to set the narrative. And we already know that their choice is to paint everyone against the player they're out against. Remember, the organization really got Oehser to tell the world that no one in the locker room thought of Ramsey as a friend and that every single player in the locker room wanted him gone. We know that's a bald face lie but only because players were willing to speak out about how they support Ramsey and dislike the organization's behavior. If the organization is going to lie about what is going on, they're just inviting the spited players to speak out like this.

Well they've definitely taken a different approach to the media/PR situation of how they treat players since then. They've had to after the Coughlin letter and trying to distance themselves thankfully.

I guess we'll see how things go from here on out and how they do with the next group of young guys due contracts in the next couple years like Chark, Allen, etc.

On 9/8/2020 at 12:51 PM, .Buzz said:

Seems as though no one can take any accountability when they leave here. Regardless of the pitfalls of this organization and self inflicted shots in the foot they have made/continue to make.

It's not even so much that I have major issues with it truthfully, more so just makes me feel better about jettisoning guys who aren't long term answers who may have caused issues due to past pitfalls of the organization while they try to change the culture/attitude around here. I realize it's the same regime besides Coughlin, but I'd rather them take the route they are (that I'd expect a new regime would've also done) than continue down the old path. 

This is critical to the whole situation though.  There's no "either/or" to this situation.  They could've taken a completely different path, while also, completely gutting the staff of these key people who have alienated player after player.  There's no reason it had to be only Coughlin gone.

Like, when your organization has such a constant steady stream of disgruntled players on the way out...there's something going on there.  The only ones who don't publicly display it, are the most tactful, classy veterans like Calais.  A guy who has learned to speak his way, diplomatically around the truth.

On 9/8/2020 at 1:23 PM, .Buzz said:

Well they've definitely taken a different approach to the media/PR situation of how they treat players since then. They've had to after the Coughlin letter and trying to distance themselves thankfully.

I guess we'll see how things go from here on out and how they do with the next group of young guys due contracts in the next couple years like Chark, Allen, etc.

They really haven't though.

They've used the exact same playbook when it comes to Coughlin, that this regime has used on outgoing unhappy players.  It's not really a different media/PR situation.  It's just...instead of disparaging an outgoing player in the media, they made sure the ugly truth of Coughlins return came to public press.  Coughlin was totally out of touch...but at the same time, the way they tossed him under the bus was exactly the sort of move the rest of this regime has been known to make, time and again.

An organization more concerned with slathering outgoing, outspoken, entertaining players in mud to make the front office look less bad...rather than in actually building a winning team, is a bad organization imo.

They just fundamentally haven't built a base of players who have the talent and clout to back a "new vision for this team.  They've got like Josh Allen is the closest thing i guess, and it still entirely remains to be seen how he handles being the sole focal point as a pass rusher (as Lenny complained about in an offensive sense).  Plus Mishew, who is a better "Brand" than he is a "Quarterback" at this early point in his career at least.

3 hours ago, Tugboat said:

They really haven't though.

They've used the exact same playbook when it comes to Coughlin, that this regime has used on outgoing unhappy players.  It's not really a different media/PR situation.  It's just...instead of disparaging an outgoing player in the media, they made sure the ugly truth of Coughlins return came to public press.  Coughlin was totally out of touch...but at the same time, the way they tossed him under the bus was exactly the sort of move the rest of this regime has been known to make, time and again.

An organization more concerned with slathering outgoing, outspoken, entertaining players in mud to make the front office look less bad...rather than in actually building a winning team, is a bad organization imo.

They just fundamentally haven't built a base of players who have the talent and clout to back a "new vision for this team.  They've got like Josh Allen is the closest thing i guess, and it still entirely remains to be seen how he handles being the sole focal point as a pass rusher (as Lenny complained about in an offensive sense).  Plus Mishew, who is a better "Brand" than he is a "Quarterback" at this early point in his career at least.

Nvm, kinda over this topic.

We'll see what happens this season and how it looks in regards to all of this.

• 2 months later...