Fournette Anyone?

xrade

I am a little surprised at all the nope votes.  Here is why I think it would be to our advantage:

1. He rushed for 1100+ yds last year with only 3 TD and no fumbles.  He caught 76 passes on 100 attempts although no TD, 1 fumble.
  2. He had a down year in 2018 only playing 8 games.
  3. His rookie season in 2017 he eclipsed 1000 yds. with 9 TD.
  4. If we pick him off waivers, it will cost $4.1M this year.  He would need to be resigned next year if we so choose.
  5. We have two healthy starting RB's, we are clearly looking for a RB.  He seems like a logical choice.

I really believe Bell will not be a Jet next year.  He does not fit the mold of a Gase RB.  Might as well get our next RB now and too bad about Bell's hurt feelings.  Since both are good at receiving, it would be interesting to have them on the field at the same time and really screw with the D (not that Gase would ever be so creative).

Edited by xrade

I don't think he is. Watching him play last year he'd get tackled at or behind the line an awful lot of times and then sort of raise his yardage totals through bigger chunk players. That is not what Gase wants.

Raw overall stats on Fournette look good and he's a decent speed-power guy when he has a hole, but I don't think he was nearly as good as he's perceived. 

8 minutes ago, Sandwhich2 said:

I don't think he is. Watching him play last year he'd get tackled at or behind the line an awful lot of times and then sort of raise his yardage totals through bigger chunk players. That is not what Gase wants.

Raw overall stats on Fournette look good and he's a decent speed-power guy when he has a hole, but I don't think he was nearly as good as he's perceived. 

Exactly. .  All bulk stats and awful efficiency

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

No he's not anywhere close to a top RB.  He just got cut for no off the field reason.  He's bad.

Are you serious he rushed for over 1100 yards last year with team that had no passing attack. He is still a young guy. And his O line was not much better than our 2019 line. You should check out his career stats. Plus he had 76 receptions last year, the guy is a work horse. 

Edited by doumeyer

25 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Are you serious he rushed for over 1100 yards last year with team that had no passing attack. He is still a young guy. And his O line was not much better than our 2019 line. You should check out his career stats. Plus he had 76 receptions last year, the guy is a work horse. 

This is wrong. You need to actually watch him. Your just looking at stats. If he was a “top” back he wouldn’t have been cut for nothing.

Ignoring the fact that he's simply not as good as his bulk statistics indicate: 

1) He might be the most volume reliant back in the league, as is Bell to a certain extent. Having those two work in tandem would be counterproductive, not to mention Gore would likely still play a role. 2) His attitude is supposedly a big reason why Jacksonville wanted nothing to do with him. 3) Assuming we get rid of Bell, signing another big name FA running back is the last thing I want to do -- let's see what we have in Perine this season & look to add/draft a complementary piece once Bell leaves.

1 hour ago, GangGreen420 said:

This is wrong. You need to actually watch him. Your just looking at stats. If he was a “top” back he wouldn’t have been cut for nothing.

We see every one of the Jag games  on Orlando TV, and he is a top back, why did the Jags get rid of one of the best pass rushers in the league. They want to rebuild the whole team for when they move to London UK. And they need a ton of draft picks to do that. Why do you think the Jags play so many games in London, the past several years. It caught everybody by surprise down here in Florida when he was cut for nothing,  Look at all the top players the Jags moved the last several years. Jalen Ramsey, Fournette, Ngakoue. If you really want to know the truth the Jags front is a disaster. It was only a few years ago that the Jags, had one of the best if not the best defensives in the NFL.

40 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

We see every one of the Jag games  on Orlando TV, and he is a top back, why did the Jags get rid of one of the best pass rushers in the league. They want to rebuild the whole team for when they move to London UK. And they need a ton of draft picks to do that. Why do you think the Jags play so many games in London, the past several years. It caught everybody by surprise down here in Florida when he was cut for nothing,  Look at all the top players the Jags moved the last several years. Jalen Ramsey, Fournette, Ngakoue. If you really want to know the truth the Jags front is a disaster. It was only a few years ago that the Jags, had one of the best if not the best defensives in the NFL.

I live in Florida and I too see Jags games. My brother in law is a die hard Jags fan and is happy to see him go. Not sure what your watching if you honestly believe Fournette is a top back in the league. He’s a volume rusher, not a bad back but not even close to “great” 

I think his best career path at this point is as a Latavius Murray type player. He'll do well as a backup or 1B kind of guy that can keep his career going if he can learn to stop dancing a little bit at the line and hit the holes instead of his blockers. But he's far from being one of the top 15 backs in the league. Just didn't live up to the talent.

32 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

I live in Florida and I too see Jags games. My brother in law is a die hard Jags fan and is happy to see him go. Not sure what your watching if you honestly believe Fournette is a top back in the league. He’s a volume rusher, not a bad back but not even close to “great” 

I said he is a top back not great, Jim Brown, GaleSayers , Earl Cambell, Thurman Thomas, OJ Simpson , Barry Sanders & Emmitt Smith were great backs there is a difference. Why was your brother in law glad to see him go, was he a problem in the locker room?

Here's a good example of what we're talking about.

In week 3 against the Titans last year he posted a stat line of 15 carries for 66 yards. Over 4 yards per carry. Seems good right?

In the 4th quarter of that game he had a 69 yard breakaway run. Outside of that play he had negative yardage.

Edited by Sandwhich2
  • Like 1