Final Roster Cuts/Moves Thread

e16bball

29 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

What is it doing for the team? He can't play this year. 

Rehabbing so hopefully he can improve and show something/some progress to the coaches in individual work outs with the trainers & in the weight room even though he’s on IR. Yes, he won’t be on the field but that doesn’t mean the coaches won’t know what kind of progress he’s making in his recovery. If he improves a lot from now until January then they’ll want to sign him to a one year prove it deal in March.

Edited by turtle28

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I really hate these rules. It should be like baseball, basketball and hockey when the player gets healthy they should be able to come off of IR. It just hurts the league/teams that they can’t IMO.

This really points to my fear though that Foster is not close to being healthy enough to compete at an NFL level bc or his knee injury. This is why I wanted them to keep him on PUP. If they had done that with him, he may have been able to come back the second half of the season and play. Now, he’s out for the year with no hope at all of playing in November or December.

That was a bad roster decision IMO. He should still be on PUP.

I will be going forward. It will basically be a 15 day disabled list. The problem is that it didn't kick in until 4pm today. So anyone being put on IR before then is on the old rules. Personally, I think that part of the rule is stupid. It's already the 2020 season. We should be going by the IR rules for the season already. Not worrying about which point in the 2020 season that they apply.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

I will be going forward. It will basically be a 15 day disabled list. The problem is that it didn't kick in until 4pm today. So anyone being put on IR before then is on the old rules. Personally, I think that part of the rule is stupid. It's already the 2020 season. We should be going by the IR rules for the season already. Not worrying about which point in the 2020 season that they apply.

Could be a tax thing, new fiscal year and such.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Rehabbing so hopefully he can improve and show something/some progress to the coaches in individual work outs with the trainers & in the weight room even though he’s on IR. Yes, he won’t be on the field but that doesn’t mean the coaches won’t know what kind of progress he’s making in his recovery. If he improves a lot from now until January then they’ll want to sign him to a one year prove it deal in March.

Yet your willing to replace another guy at a position with no help at all. Flawed judgment. 

Really shocked that Danny Johnson made the team over Cam Sims & Quinn, but that probably comes down to covering kicks. Usually corners are better at covering kicks than WRs bc corners obviously tackle more than WRs.

One note is that all of Rivera’s draft choices and one of his UDFA’s (Isaiah Wright) made the team over some the carry over back of the roster guys he inherited like Quinn, Cam Sims and Ross P.

Edited by turtle28

12 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I really don’t remember you giving Apke much of a chance. I mean I’m pretty sure you were one of the few who thought he should get cut before last season.

*raises hand* if he pans out like they think, I will happily eat crow on this one.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I really hate these rules. It should be like baseball, basketball and hockey when the player gets healthy they should be able to come off of IR. It just hurts the league/teams that they can’t IMO.

Except in baseball, if you go onto the 15 day injury list, you're on it for 15 days even if it is only a 3 day injury ... so how is this different? In theory this is closer to those than it has ever been with the only 3 week layoff.

6 hours ago, turtle28 said:

This really points to my fear though that Foster is not close to being healthy enough to compete at an NFL level bc or his knee injury. This is why I wanted them to keep him on PUP. If they had done that with him, he may have been able to come back the second half of the season and play. Now, he’s out for the year with no hope at all of playing in November or December.

That was a bad roster decision IMO. He should still be on PUP.

I don't know it for a fact, but it's possible that he (and Alex) forced the issue by saying "we can play" and they got cleared by the team doctors. The NFLPA wouldn't allow them to be stashed on the PUP if they could win a job in September.

Smith knew that there was no risk because he was going to be paid either way and it makes for a heroic story. Foster probably wanted the shot at a weak position.

5 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

What sense does it make to keep a player who's on a 1 year deal around if he can't show he's fully recovered from injury before the end of this season? None to me because he can't prove that by staying on IR all year.

1. Gives you first rights at re-signing him before the rest of the league.
  2. Allows you to see if he's finally healing up before allowing him to leave.
  3. Allows you to see if he's got his head on straight before resigning him.

Personally, I would love to see him elsewhere, but I can understand giving him a shot if he really wanted it. It was a risk on his part, but perhaps a calculated one.

• Like 1