Final Roster Cuts/Moves Thread

e16bball

7 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

I just read that Isaiah Wright was showing skills and Rivera was impressed but he said he's not ready for prime time yet . so hopeful .

7 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Thanks, first I heard of that. Good news. 

Rivera said he doesn’t want leave Nate’s special team bare when they’re deciding who to put on the roster. With Wright flexibility with ST/WR that helps him even though Rivera really hasn’t seen how special teams will be with no preseason. I think Wright makes the team, I hoping. PS atleast. 

Edited by ARTMONK HOF

He replaces Lucas who has shown Zip and Charles is STILL hurt . so , just some insurance .

Wonder if he would have been cut on Saturday ? Oh well, swapping a 6th and getting a 7 - cheap .

Speaking of Saturday and cuts - I think we might claim a guy or two. A OL and a receiver . 

Edited by RSkinGM

12 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Rivera said he doesn’t want leave Nate’s special team bare when they’re deciding who to put on the roster. With Wright flexibility with ST/WR that helps him even though Rivera really hasn’t seen how special teams will be with no preseason. I think Wright makes the team, I hoping. PS atleast. 

What hurts Wright for making the 53 man roster Is that Quinn has WR/ST experience in the NFL and Quinn isn’t that old either, he’s a young vet. From what I’ve seen Quinn has played pretty well in the practices as has our best practice player ever Cam Sims. I think it’s most likely Wright is on the practice squad but if he does beat out Quinn or Cam that’s cool too, I’d be excited for that, I just don’t see it.

50 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

He replaces Lucas who has shown Zip and Charles is STILL hurt . so , just some insurance .

Wonder if he would have been cut on Saturday ? Oh well, swapping a 6th and getting a 7 - cheap .

Speaking of Saturday and cuts - I think we might claim a guy or two. A OL and a receiver . 

I think it’s more bc Charles hasn’t been able to practice. 

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

What hurts Wright for making the 53 man roster Is that Quinn has WR/ST experience in the NFL and Quinn isn’t that old either, he’s a young vet. From what I’ve seen Quinn has played pretty well in the practices as has our best practice player ever Cam Sims. I think it’s most likely Wright is on the practice squad but if he does beat out Quinn or Cam that’s cool too, I’d be excited for that, I just don’t see it.

I just think Wright is a more dynamic player. I guess we’ll see soon enough. Hoping for Wright! 

Wonder if Lucas gets cut. The expectation is that he could be a solid swing tackle, in the mold of Ty Nsekhe. People in Chicago spoke highly of his ability as a swing, but not so much as a full time T. 

He hasn’t done much of anything in camp, so with the addition of Sharpe, could Lucas be done?