Final Roster Cuts/Moves Thread

e16bball

4 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I just think Wright is a more dynamic player. I guess we’ll see soon enough. Hoping for Wright! 

I have no idea if he is or not, highlights from him playing in college don’t exactly show me that’s he’s a lot more dynamic than Quinn, if Wright was everything some are hyping him up to be he would’ve been a mid round pick like Gibson & AGG yet, he went undrafted.

2 hours ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

Wonder if Lucas gets cut. The expectation is that he could be a solid swing tackle, in the mold of Ty Nsekhe. People in Chicago spoke highly of his ability as a swing, but not so much as a full time T. 

He hasn’t done much of anything in camp, so with the addition of Sharpe, could Lucas be done?

Anything is possible, I haven’t heard that Lucas has been bad. The extent of it that I can see is that he hasn’t been good enough to displace Moses & Christian has been our best option for LT. Now, does that mean Lucas has been bad? I guess people can take it that way, but I don’t know.

1 hour ago, LoganF89 said:

Mohammad Sami was cut by the Pats, I know he’s actually really close to Haskins wonder if it could be a signing

You mean Sanu? Possibly but it’s not a good sign when a guy was traded from one team and then cut by the team that traded a second round pick for him the following year. 

Over on The Athletic, both of the analysts projecting the roster (Ben Standig and Rhiannon Walker) had Reuben Foster on the wrong side of the bubble. 

I think that would be a horrible idea. But it IS the kinda thing that you might expect from a coach-run organization — where the focus might be more on “putting the best 53 out there Week One” than on building a team and accumulating talent with a long-term lens. To me, sending Reuben Foster packing because he’s not totally back yet from a catastrophic injury would be remarkably short-sighted. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

You mean Sanu? Possibly but it’s not a good sign when a guy was traded from one team and then cut by the team that traded a second round pick for him the following year. 

True but could be cap reasons or the fact they have some young guys looking good. Only reason I consider it is bc outside of Inman we don’t have anyone with decent talent that’s a bet of over two years.

could be a good sign until Gandy-Golden shows he’s ready for a starting role, especially with Harmon getting injured. I like Sims in the slot and want him to stay there, also it could take some pressure off of Gibson to play WR more than they intended to

add the fact he’s super close to Haskins, I’m sure they did workouts together and have some type of chemistry

Mclaurin/Sanu/Sims/AGG/Inman/Sims to me is better than McLaurin/Inman/Sims/AGG/Sims with Wright of Quinn being the last guy.

Gibson would then really only play WR if something happened to Sims

8 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Over on The Athletic, both of the analysts projecting the roster (Ben Standig and Rhiannon Walker) had Reuben Foster on the wrong side of the bubble. 

I think that would be a horrible idea. But it IS the kinda thing that you might expect from a coach-run organization — where the focus might be more on “putting the best 53 out there Week One” than on building a team and accumulating talent with a long-term lens. To me, sending Reuben Foster packing because he’s not totally back yet from a catastrophic injury would be remarkably short-sighted. 

I saw that. Imagine dumping Foster to keep career journeyman Bostic and career back up Pierre Louis lol. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Read it was partly cap related for more rollover money,but also think he just doesn't fit Cam that well there they have Eldeman for the short stuff so on outside you want more burners to get people out the box for Cam.

I think I'd take a 1 year deal for him and let Quinn go and PS Wright and be okay,he's a fun piece that can play outside or in slot and someone great for gadget plays his passer rating is very good.

7 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I saw that. Imagine dumping Foster to keep career journeyman Bostic and career back up Pierre Louis lol. 

Wish we could put Foster andSmith both back on PUP as it seems/sound both okay to practice but not ready for game action

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, e16bball said:

LOL to send him packing over some of the other JAGs we have at linebacker.  Same ol' Washington Team Football. 

9 minutes ago, Marcus21 said:

Pretty sure Foster would hit IR . My understanding is he  is stuck way down on the depth chart... Still not close to pre injury. No speed or explosion. 

I mean, his second year before he came to us, he was terrible because he was basically playing with one arm.  I wasn't holding out much hope for him, but he's got to be worth the roster spot over Bostic or Pierre-Louis. 

27 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

LOL to send him packing over some of the other JAGs we have at linebacker.  Same ol' Washington Team Football. 

Or any of the other inconsequential guys on the roster — we can’t keep Reuben Foster in the organization because we have to keep the likes of Kamren Curl, Aaron Colvin, Peyton Barber, Trey Quinn, Dontrelle Inman, Marcus Baugh, David Sharpe, Cornelius Lucas, etc.?

Just seems silly to me. It’s a bad team. They’re not competing for a damn thing this year. We’re pretty early in the talent-building process, it would be beyond asinine to let a guy with his ability walk away at this juncture.