Final Roster Cuts/Moves Thread

e16bball

1 hour ago, Woz said:

Well, Trent never played in front of Haskins so his "loss" is somewhat more ephemeral. Is Donald Penn better than Geron Christian? Maybe, but Donald Penn is also 36 years old. So, Christian is going to get a shot because they drafted him and he's young. Maybe he grows into the role. Maybe he fails and needs to be replaced. They need to find the answer there as well.

As for Flowers, I think letting him go was the right gamble. His track record in New York was bad (as in wouldn't put in the work). Miami effectively gave him a fully guaranteed two year deal with a third year on the back end in case they want it. Again, they drafted Wes Martin a year ago, maybe it's time to see what he can do as well.

What they don't have is a ready backup for Scherff. So, he stays on a large one year deal.

Rivera is not wedded to Haskins. He has no ties to him. He's putting him in a tough spot and forcing him to deal with the adversity a bit. If Haskins can shine through it, then Rivera will stick with him and focus on the other positions. If he cannot, Washington crashes and they'll be looking at a QB in a year or two but one Rivera gets to pick.

Is it cruel and Darwinian? Yes. But it could work.

They also could be waiting until they can remove Alex Smith from the cap to free up space to re-sign other players (Scherff's status will have to be addressed before that happens, though).

You don't give Haskins enough time to develop and let him go and he shines elsewhere just be ready to explain that. I don't get how He has to Shine while other's don't. And that new QB better be ready to come in and Shine right away. 

The Cardinals did something a NFL Franchise has done how many times? I would say not many. Drafting QB's back to back or giving up on a 1st round drafted QB after 1 year is Unusual. Especially if your not giving them offensive weapons to help them. 

If we are just as bad as the Jags as you say All That Can't just Fall on the Shoulders of a 2nd year QB. Again Rivera shouldn't have taken the job if he was gonna be patient with Haskins just as he was this off-season in adding pieces to the Team. 

On 9/8/2020 at 9:11 PM, LoganF89 said:

Just saw that von Miller May miss the whole season needing an ankle surgery. Could be interesting to see if we may dangle kerrigans name around

i love kerrigan and it would be great to see him with the team his whole career but if you get offered a late 3rd or early 4th that’s a conditional I think you gotta take it

Definitely would, they both play the same side too, and I assume they have the cap space to absorb Kerrigan’s contract.

• Like 1