Tigers clinch #1 pick in 2018 draft, Giants to pick 2nd

playmaker8267

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, detroitlions72003 said:

Sooo. Who are the Tigers taking #1? 

Faedo's former teammate Brady Singer, John's nephew Kumar Rocker or maybe they will actually take a top infield prospect like Nick Madrigal or Brice Turang?

I hope you realize that Rocker is black, and not related to John Rocker at all. His father is a former football coach in Georgia.

Anyway, Rocker isnt even the best pitching prospect in Georgia, let alone the best in the nation.

1 hour ago, devils1854 said:

I hope you realize that Rocker is black, and not related to John Rocker at all. His father is a former football coach in Georgia.

Anyway, Rocker isnt even the best pitching prospect in Georgia, let alone the best in the nation.

Also this Singer 1.1 talk is silly given the medicals. It's not happening. And I like Gilbert's stuff better. 

1 hour ago, devils1854 said:

If he shows he is completely healthy and has a good year, I think McClanahan can go #1.

Possible. Off the top of my head, can't recall a TJS survivor going that high though. 

The state of Florida is absolutely stacked with college arms. Non-zero shot that the first four college arms off the board are all from Florida. 

10 hours ago, NewAge said:

Also this Singer 1.1 talk is silly given the medicals. It's not happening. And I like Gilbert's stuff better. 

Apparently the mockers don't care about his  medicals because he is the most popular pick to go 1.1.

Personally, given the fact the Tigers have a deep farm system with RHP (which seems weird to say) and the fact there are no blow you away pitchers at the top of the pile I hope they go for Madrigal who gives off a Jose Altuve type vibe (with some more seasoning anyways).

50 minutes ago, detroitlions72003 said:

Apparently the mockers don't care about his  medicals because he is the most popular pick to go 1.1.

Personally, given the fact the Tigers have a deep farm system with RHP (which seems weird to say) and the fact there are no blow you away pitchers at the top of the pile I hope they go for Madrigal who gives off a Jose Altuve type vibe (with some more seasoning anyways).

Mocks this far out aren't going to tell you much beyond who the 10-15 guys with a chance right now are.

Just now, bkobow05 said:

I'm just mad we're out of the Seth Beer range. He and Milwaukee are a match made in marketing heaven.

He might not get drafted in the 1st round. greenie can add more, but apparently he's really stiff and the bat control projection is an issue? So if you're down on him you think he's one of those guys who can murder AAA as a 1B, but can't hit in the big leagues (a Dan Vogelbach type).

6 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

He might not get drafted in the 1st round. greenie can add more, but apparently he's really stiff and the bat control projection is an issue? So if you're down on him you think he's one of those guys who can murder AAA as a 1B, but can't hit in the big leagues (a Dan Vogelbach type).

I will not listen to this blasphemy 

3 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

I will not listen to this blasphemy 

I don't want to scout the stat line or anything, but it's definitely odd to have a guy murderface baseballs like he has in college with scouts being that far down on him.

That said, if the Brewers go a different direction at 21 or whatever we are, I'm not gonna lose my mind over it (besides the marketing opportunities, which honestly might be worth burning the 1st round pick over).

26 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I still think someone takes a shot in the late first, most likely an AL team. I think these public outlets have overcorrected a bit at this point. 

Archived