Who is your Breakout Player for 2020?

{Family Ghost}

1 hour ago, ReadyToThump said:

To be fair, I think he's already "broken out". He was a MAN out there for us as a rookie. 

Questions like who breaks out are kind of relative. Is a breakout between going from never started to solid, or solid to special?

If just a solid stretches is enough classify someone as already broken out, MVS (100 yards in 2 years), Jenkins, Savage, and even Sullivan have all broken out, so by elimination the only players who are going to get real PT and realistically can qualify for this are like Gary, Dillion, Keke, Jace, Degura, and like Kamal Martin/Burks.

If breaking out means just making a jump, Jenkins going from solid to special is a breakout.

21 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

If breaking out means just making a jump, Jenkins going from solid to special is a breakout.

I think just making a jump of any sort qualifies.  I went with Aaron Jones last year.  He was already a good player, but I expected him to become a pro bowl caliber player and he shook off injuries and became a pro bowl caliber back.  This year I picked Gary .. expect him to go from a nothing to a solid contributor.

Part of me wants to go with Jamaal Williams given that they selected a RB high and he's been here as long as Jones has and had a helluva game as a rookie against Pittsburgh. Raven Greene makes a lot of sense as well.

However, I gotta go ESB. He was having a great camp before he got hurt last year and despite being 6'6" he looked very nimble at times. 

50 minutes ago, Joe said:

Part of me wants to go with Jamaal Williams given that they selected a RB high and he's been here as long as Jones has and had a helluva game as a rookie against Pittsburgh. Raven Greene makes a lot of sense as well.

However, I gotta go ESB. He was having a great camp before he got hurt last year and despite being 6'6" he looked very nimble at times. 

Hot take: Jamaal Williams is just as good as Jones, but not as physically gifted, and if he’d had the same opportunities Jones had last year he’d have had 1,000 yards rushing and 500 receiving.  

Williams I REALLY want to extend.  His value and his contract would be very close.

• Like 3