Destiny 2

7 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

No joke. I'm at like 268 right now, and only go up 1 point for every 3-4 hours I play.

This Reddit post really helped me.  I'm at 285 now

https://www.reddit.com/r/destiny2/comments/6zhpn2/290_really_isnt_hard_to_get_to_sherpagoolsbees/?utm_content=title&utm_medium=browse&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=destiny2

11 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

No joke. I'm at like 268 right now, and only go up 1 point for every 3-4 hours I play.

It's really easy, you just have to know what to do. Up to 260 you just use blues from public events or what have you. 260-265 you use faction engrams. 265+ you do all your milestones that give powerful rewards. I'm 296 already and the only "end game" activity I've done is the raid last week, haven't done Trials or the one yet this week. I also haven't done my other milestones such as Nightfall/Flashpoints this week yet so I'll probably be over 300 by next week. 

7 hours ago, Spartica4Real said:

It's really easy, you just have to know what to do. Up to 260 you just use blues from public events or what have you. 260-265 you use faction engrams. 265+ you do all your milestones that give powerful rewards. I'm 296 already and the only "end game" activity I've done is the raid last week, haven't done Trials or the one yet this week. I also haven't done my other milestones such as Nightfall/Flashpoints this week yet so I'll probably be over 300 by next week. 

What are teh types of Engrams? I get the colors (exotic, legendary, etc) but what are faction engrams? 

PS: Sent you a friend request @Heimdallr

20 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

What are teh types of Engrams? I get the colors (exotic, legendary, etc) but what are faction engrams? 

PS: Sent you a friend request @Heimdallr

Faction engrams are the ones from the various vendors. Devrim for EDZ engrams, Sloane for Titan engrams, Failsafe for Nessus, Asher for Io, Zavala for Vanguard, Shaxx for Crucible, and finally Ikora for Research. Those all go up to 265 while blues stop at 260, so using those to get that next 5 is very helpful. Then after 265 the only way in the game to go up is powerful rewards, so either raid/Nightfall/Trials loot, exotic engrams, or luminous engrams. Luminous engrams you get from completing milestones, just check your milestones and see which ones say "Powerful Rewards". And boom that's how you rank up. 

On 9/21/2017 at 8:33 PM, Spartica4Real said:

Faction engrams are the ones from the various vendors. Devrim for EDZ engrams, Sloane for Titan engrams, Failsafe for Nessus, Asher for Io, Zavala for Vanguard, Shaxx for Crucible, and finally Ikora for Research. Those all go up to 265 while blues stop at 260, so using those to get that next 5 is very helpful. Then after 265 the only way in the game to go up is powerful rewards, so either raid/Nightfall/Trials loot, exotic engrams, or luminous engrams. Luminous engrams you get from completing milestones, just check your milestones and see which ones say "Powerful Rewards". And boom that's how you rank up. 

Also always make sure your best gear for each slot has a +5 mod equipped to it (this will come into play once you're 280 and can purchase these +5 mods). To save glimmer and rare mods, just keep infusing the same gear. So if your +5 mod helmet is 285 w/ the mod, and you get a 281 helmet, just infuse your 285 helmet with the 281 and it will bump to 286. Repeat this process with all gear and you'll probably be able to climb a few light levels in between weekly reset.