Destiny 2

On 7/17/2019 at 4:20 AM, navysaintsfan said:

So...is anyone here aware of the Forge AFK Farm cheese? May as well share since there is no way Bungie will not patch it in the near future. This method is perfect for farming legendary shards and either Dusklight Shards or Datalattice, both of which are needed for purchasing some triumphs for the Hall of Triumphs. So do this:

Equip your lowest power gear, you want to at least be under 450 power for this. You can purchase some of the greens from Hawthorne to help if needed. I found a 10 power class item in collections that helped a ton. Once you are under 450, go to any of the forges. Volundr and Gofannon seem the most accessible. Queue into the forge, and then...do nothing. Put your controller down, walk away from your keyboard, whatever. The forge will start, and with your low power you can't harm them and the enemies will obliterate you in seconds. Don't respawn, just stay dead. The forge session will end after 60 seconds, and give you 4 planetary materials. Then it will queue you back into the forge again automatically. Rinse and repeat. Just let it go like this for as long as you want. Because you are such a low power level, you will only be matchmade with players close to your level, so most likely you will only be with other players farming mats. You don't have to worry about ruining other players games. I've made over a couple thousand Dusklight with this so far. As of right now, I let it go since yesterday afternoon, and right now I have 1396 shards sitting with the Postmaster (they go to the Postmaster as lost items), and I am now at work and won't be home for 13 hours. I'll likely be close to 2500 or so by then. Easy thing to do is then go to the materials respective planet vendor and turn in some. You get Legendary shards for each package, plus purple items you can break down for more shards and glimmer, plus the occasional masterwork which guarantees Enhancement cores.

People are sharing this cheese because the Hall of Triumphs is leaving everyone broke. Especially players like me who don't get to play as much, don't raid, etc. so they are lacking in a lot of areas. Completing the Bad Juju Exotic Quest left me so desperate for glimmer and materials. This has been an easy way to replenish and help me get ahead so upgrading weapons isn't such a pain.

People play video games with the intent of doing stuff like this to have fun?

Strange crowd.

On 10/5/2019 at 4:16 PM, jetsfan4life51 said:

How's the new DLC?

I think next full weekend off I will purchase.

Like all of them have been recently, AMAZING.

Played for 20 hours Saturday trying to obtain the 24 hour raid emblem, didn't make it. Competition mode was a bear. Raid is beautifully designed and put together, and they released a new game mode Saturday.

Looking forward to Bungie's creativity without Antivision (Activision) holding them back.

I didn't post anything because I figured everyone in this forum stopped playing from the lack of posts, this is basically the only game I play.

18 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

The fact that 1. A game demands this sort of action and 2. People are willing to perform this sort of afk grind is completely ridiculous in my mind.

1. The game doesn't demand this, it was a resource exploit that has since been fixed. 2. What kind of grind do you think is occurring? You go to a spot, start an event, turn your controller/monitor off, do IRL things

Only the hardcore players and those vying for the raid worlds first titles/belts would be doing this, not the casual player, or those who don't play at all.

19 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

The fact that 1. A game demands this sort of action and 2. People are willing to perform this sort of afk grind is completely ridiculous in my mind.

But I'm happy. I pay money to play these games however I please. In the end, my happiness playing the game is all that matters.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Wow a year old.

Really looking forward to the new expansion.  Always love more content.  May need some help getting people for raids, I only have one friend who plays.

Glad they put the expansion on Gamepass, might’ve finally been the one I stopped playing. 

• 6 months later...
On 10/8/2019 at 11:16 AM, carrolljcmc said:

1. The game doesn't demand this, it was a resource exploit that has since been fixed. 2. What kind of grind do you think is occurring? You go to a spot, start an event, turn your controller/monitor off, do IRL things

Only the hardcore players and those vying for the raid worlds first titles/belts would be doing this, not the casual player, or those who don't play at all.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0002-CUSA05042_00-D2Y4LEGENDBDL001

This worth it?

1 hour ago, showtime said:

This might turn into a ramble, and for that I'm sorry ahead of time.

IMO, I'd say no, but it's really about what you're comfortable paying for a game, how much time/effort you're willing to commit, and what type of content you're looking for. As a person who falls more toward the hardcore label than the casual label, there isn't enough content for me, which could be a large factor in me saying no. I use to be a daily player, but I've dropped that down to 3-4 days a week.

Each year of DLC (1 big one which includes a mini DLC, and 3 other mini's) will run you about $60. Or you can piece it together for different amounts in the seasonal model. This particular package is giving you 3 years worth of DLC. Game is currently on season 14, the purchase would include (some) content going back to season 4. Like most games, some of that older content will not be obtainable, or it has been phased out of the game at this point, but the story and other PvE content remain. 

There will be another annual update this fall/winter for year 5, and there will be another deal similar to this one.

If you were on Xbox I might give a slightly different view due to the newer content being available for "free" upon release via Game Pass.

1 hour ago, carrolljcmc said:

This might turn into a ramble, and for that I'm sorry ahead of time.

IMO, I'd say no, but it's really about what you're comfortable paying for a game, how much time/effort you're willing to commit, and what type of content you're looking for. As a person who falls more toward the hardcore label than the casual label, there isn't enough content for me, which could be a large factor in me saying no. I use to be a daily player, but I've dropped that down to 3-4 days a week.

Each year of DLC (1 big one which includes a mini DLC, and 3 other mini's) will run you about $60. Or you can piece it together for different amounts in the seasonal model. This particular package is giving you 3 years worth of DLC. Game is currently on season 14, the purchase would include (some) content going back to season 4. Like most games, some of that older content will not be obtainable, or it has been phased out of the game at this point, but the story and other PvE content remain. 

There will be another annual update this fall/winter for year 5, and there will be another deal similar to this one.

If you were on Xbox I might give a slightly different view due to the newer content being available for "free" upon release via Game Pass.

I still have an Xbox One, but I don't play it much these days because I have a PS5 and the next gen loading, 4K, etc is so good.

Also, I forgot that Destiny was F2P.

I actually beat Destiny 2 on Xbox One, but that was back when you had to pay for the game.

23 minutes ago, showtime said:

I still have an Xbox One, but I don't play it much these days because I have a PS5 and the next gen loading, 4K, etc is so good.

Also, I forgot that Destiny was F2P.

I actually beat Destiny 2 on Xbox One, but that was back when you had to pay for the game.

You can bring your account over to other systems now so that’s good, have to link them on Bungie.net

14 minutes ago, showtime said:

What the.... really? I had no clue....

Yeah slowly adding stuff that should’ve been there. Cross play is finally happening sometime this year, it accidentally got patched in a couple weeks ago between Xbox and PC…not sure if they shut that off.. I’m a lapsed player too. Dropped off finally with Beyond Light.

9 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah slowly adding stuff that should’ve been there. Cross play is finally happening sometime this year, it accidentally got patched in a couple weeks ago between Xbox and PC…not sure if they shut that off.. I’m a lapsed player too. Dropped off finally with Beyond Light.

See I didn't know this because of how crappy Sony is most of the time with this stuff.

Like for instance, I play a game titled Smite and in that game, all of your progression, in game purchases, etc are instantly on Xbox, Nintendo, and PC, but anything you have on PS is not cross progression.

I haven't really played Destiny 2 since the Xbox One days, but I might try it on PS5 and PC since all of my progression comes over. That's sweet.

• Like 1