Destiny 2

I'm firmly in the camp that thinks they are sacrificing the fun of PvE for PvP balance....it kinda sucks.

The story mission I didn't really notice it, It felt right that it was a dog fight and you were scrounging for supplies.
But the more I've played the Strike...it's kinda obvious how tedious and long encounters become. Your abilities also take longer so you can't even have fun with that.

I hope they fix it pre-launch

14 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Ability rates are locked for the beta bc of lack of loot.  You modify your ability cool downs with your gear so it makes sense that it takes longer

true, that's a good point...I assumed they did like a middle tier rating for them all as a default

A little bummed that weapons have fixed rolls except for the intrinsic perk. Hopefully weapon mods make up for it but since we still have no idea what they do, who knows.

Based on the small pool of guns available in the beta, auto rifles are good, pulse rifles are really good, hand cannons are alright (Sunshot is really good), and scout rifles leave a lot to be desired. The Future War Cult sidearm, "The Needle," is basically a Wormwood. The available sniper rifle does garbage damage in PVE. Not a fan of sub machine guns so far.

The environment looks great, as expected, but they went a little more cartoon-ish with the enemies, Guardians, and abilities. Not really a fan of that but it's not terrible. Hopefully this is as far that way as they lean.

My biggest disappointment is that they're still balancing the entire game around PVP. I like that PVP is more focused on primary gun play and strategic ability use instead of grenade spam and specials, but as Kiltman said, it has made PVE really boring. 

This is just me whining, though. I've put way too many hours into D1 and I'm sure I'll do the same with D2. I like the core of the game and with an expanded story it should be more enjoyable than early D1. Hopefully armor perks and gun mods will make PVE more fun to play. 

• 4 weeks later...

Just read an article stating that

1.  weapon loadouts will be fixed. So no changing weapons to the cool new one you just found and wanted to try out without leaving whatever activity you're currently in. Truly hoping this doesn't apply to the free-roam areas. 
  2. Nightfalls will now include a timer. No more taking your sweet time trying to solo it and hiding out long in safe spots. 

....really upset about these 2 things. there was no need to tweek these. 

15 hours ago, NickButera said:

1.  weapon loadouts will be fixed. So no changing weapons to the cool new one you just found and wanted to try out without leaving whatever activity you're currently in. Truly hoping this doesn't apply to the free-roam areas. 
  2. Nightfalls will now include a timer. No more taking your sweet time trying to solo it and hiding out long in safe spots. 

Speculation for locked loadouts is that they will apply to Nightfalls, not raids, story, patrol, etc. 

I like the idea of making the Nightfall more difficult. Back in the beginning of Destiny, having those blue flames meant something because completing a Nightfall wasn't a given. Since taking out the actual Nightfall modifier (return to orbit if your team wipes), dropping it to 20 light under the cap, and giving 30 minutes for a completion the mode has been way too easy no matter the modifiers they add.

A challenging timer and locked loadouts will certainly make fireteams define roles and strategize well in order to get it done.

On 8/16/2017 at 10:11 PM, NickButera said:

Loadouts are only fixed for nightfalls, and it's unclear whether or not it's just a specific modifier or an every week thing. #2 is fine, the Nightfalls need to be more challenging. Give us some harder late game content other than just raids. I expect the time will be very lenient anyways, as you mentioned soloers, they'll probably accomodate them. Maybe even a lower timer the more players you have.

In [Destiny 2] it’s no longer advantageous to equip your most powerful gear when decrypting Engrams,” said Mark Noseworthy, project lead on Destiny 2, on Twitter last night. “We check for your best possible loadout now.”

https://www.polygon.com/2017/8/28/16214950/destiny-2-engram-decryption-weapons-armor-light

Huge inconvenience is now gone. Very thankful for this change

Pre-ordered this game, which is very rare for me to do nowadays. I actually didn't even get Destiny until early in the summer, after I was convinced by members of the Overwatch group I am in. I played it about 85+ hours in the 2 months that followed! Finished all of the campaign and managed to get my Titan up to 399 (and I did not use the lvl 40 boost that came with collector's edition on him). Never managed to get the 400 boots I needed to hit 400... 

30 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Pre-ordered this game, which is very rare for me to do nowadays. I actually didn't even get Destiny until early in the summer, after I was convinced by members of the Overwatch group I am in. I played it about 85+ hours in the 2 months that followed! Finished all of the campaign and managed to get my Titan up to 399 (and I did not use the lvl 40 boost that came with collector's edition on him). Never managed to get the 400 boots I needed to hit 400... 

You're lucky to have a group to play in. I never had that group and was one of the kinds of people Bungie targeted this new matchmaking after. I'm extraordinarily grateful for it. I'll have a chance to casually play more endgame content this game much more conveniently.  We'll see how it plays out in practice though. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NickButera said:

You're lucky to have a group to play in. I never had that group and was one of the kinds of people Bungie targeted this new matchmaking after. I'm extraordinarily grateful for it. I'll have a chance to casually play more endgame content this game much more conveniently.  We'll see how it plays out in practice though. 

If you're on XB1, you're more than welcome to join my group.  We have 11.  We're all sarcastic a-holes over the age of 25 if that makes any difference to you.