Destiny 2

26 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

Just got home with my copy. Downloading the update now, I'm excited to finally play what will be the GOAT game. ;)

Just played a few minutes before getting to household work. Then I work from 6pm to 6am. for the next 3 nights XD. But I will be running things come this weekend ;)

RoflJosh on PS4 playa!

18 hours ago, Spartica4Real said:

What a game. They fixed everything bad about D1. I'm in love. *heart eyes emoji*

I'm still on the fence about getting it. I liked the first one for a while and played it a lot pretty much up to TTK release. Seems early to be saying everything is fixed though? What about it specifically?

5 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

I'm still on the fence about getting it. I liked the first one for a while and played it a lot pretty much up to TTK release. Seems early to be saying everything is fixed though? What about it specifically?

I don't think it's early, considering I loved the endgame in Destiny 1 and what I didn't like was the road to the endgame. My biggest problems with the first game were:

-Story, there's actually a compelling story this time around. No you're not getting a good book level of quality or anything, but everything is explained in a perfectly understandable way, everything makes sense, and it's an interesting story. Ghaul is a good villain.

-Patrols/public events, in D1 they weren't worth anything at all. Patrols were dead and Public Events didn't mean anything. Those have both been fixed, and fixed dramatically. I think this is the area where they've most improved. Each patrol is meaty and has a lot of depth, with a lot to do. Each location is very beautiful too. 

-No lore in game, now you can scan a ton of different things in the world and inspect certain gear and such to read lore about them. Only complaint is there's not a record book of sorts that collects all the info you've ever scanned/read so you can reread it easily in the future but oh well.

Now, as far as endgame goes, I'd say I'm already there (264 LL) but we won't TRULY know until the raid comes. So far though, raid pending, I think this game is a better version of Destiny in every way. It's still the Destiny formula, so if you just straight up hated everything about Destiny you still probably won't like it, but as a review quote said that I think was fitting "it's Destiny - without all the bull****".

Whats the point of the cryptarch I haven't received any engrams, it's like everything gets decoded as soon as I get something.

Haven't finished the campaign but my one complaint is I like how D1 had the location of each mission on the map and you could replay it anytime and the strikes were part of the campaign and on the map as well.  Maybe I'm not far enough or after you finish the campaign the missions and strikes show up on the map.  But that's my only complaint I love everything else so far.  The subclasses at the shard are cool too.

• Like 1