Destiny 2

On 9/4/2018 at 6:43 PM, NickButera said:

Forsaken is great. The gameplay implementations are very good, and some of the tweeks, like collections (being able to repurchase any weapon or armor you've acquired in the past) is a breath of fresh air. The score is amazing, overall they very much succeeded when it comes to gameplay. And the new huge level cap feels like I have room for growth again for a while.

My only gripe is they still suck with story. I'm sorry, but the travelor is awake, the warmind is now helping humanity...... And yet nothing has changed, you still go off and do the same old things for the same old reasons. There is no story arc change, no drastic difference in interaction between the travelor or the warmind and the vanguard. It's almost as if they still don't exist, except for some meaningless insert here or there like some cryptic messages that attempt to have deep meaning but just go in ear and out the other.  It's like destiny is big in these big meaningful things occuring... That don't result in any real change. 

They say in this expansion that the Traveler is dead. The explosion that they thought was the Traveler coming back to life was actually it's dying breath it used the last of it's light to return it back to all the Guardians who lost it in The Red War. Traveler is donezo. 

On 9/7/2018 at 1:57 PM, TXsteeler said:

What sort of catch up mechanics do they have in forsaken? I had a max level character on xbox but i can't transfer to PC, just wondering how long it will take me to be able to try any of the new stuff.

Light Power and drops are based off of your level now. So, while the cap goes from level 30 to 50, it doesn't take too long to get to 40 or 50, and once you're there the drops you get are dropped at or near light 500. I leveled up from 300 to 450 in a few days. Getting from 500 to 600 may be a while as you have to use your weekly reset events, but there are a lot of them now to get high level drops, if you participate in everything the game has to offer.

14 hours ago, showtime said:

Oh damn, that's sick.  I didn't know you got a free character boost.  I wanted a Warlock or Hunter, but didn't want to go through the story again.

Should be free tbh, grinding out through to max level is dumb in this game and has no purpose unlike in real MMORPG's, as there are no choices to make or different things to do, and there is no learning curve for the other classes, it's just a grind for the sake of forcing people to play longer and possibly spend $30 to skip it.

1 minute ago, TXsteeler said:

Should be free tbh, grinding out through to max level is dumb in this game and has no purpose unlike in real MMORPG's, as there are no choices to make or different things to do, and there is no learning curve for the other classes, it's just a grind for the sake of forcing people to play longer and possibly spend $30 to skip it.

It's not that big of a deal.  Going through the base game story is really shot, especially when you've done it once already.  People who play Destiny at this point should have Forsaken, so they got a free one.  People who were really hardcore into the game already have the three classes anyway.

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

It's not that big of a deal.  Going through the base game story is really shot, especially when you've done it once already.  People who play Destiny at this point should have Forsaken, so they got a free one.  People who were really hardcore into the game already have the three classes anyway.

True enough, my only point is to not thank companies for doing things they should have done to begin with.

• 3 weeks later...

The fact that Forsaken doesn't come with the season pass really really turned me off. I downloaded the game just assuming it did and it doesn't so screw that cash grab. It wouldn't have made me mad but the other two DLCs were so meh at best. Never buying the season pass again. 

3 hours ago, Spartacus said:

The fact that Forsaken doesn't come with the season pass really really turned me off. I downloaded the game just assuming it did and it doesn't so screw that cash grab. It wouldn't have made me mad but the other two DLCs were so meh at best. Never buying the season pass again. 

FWIW, you should get it.  Curse of Osiris was God awful at best, Warmind was a step in the right direction, but after 5 weeks it ran out of content.  This is week 4 of Forsaken and I find myself struggling to maintain/grind 3 characters.  Before, there wasn't enough to do in Destiny 2, not there's too much to do, which is a wonderful thing.  

Again, this is just my opinion, being an avid fan of the entire Destiny universe, my view may seem biased, but there was about a 4 month time period where I stopped playing because of the lackluster content Bungie was putting out.  I would recommend checking out Houndish on YouTube, he puts out Destiny 2 content videos daily, you can get a peek of current goings on and of things to come, it could help persuade/dissuade to you a final decision if you're not steadfast on the never going to purchase again stance.

2 minutes ago, carrolljcmc said:

FWIW, you should get it.  Curse of Osiris was God awful at best, Warmind was a step in the right direction, but after 5 weeks it ran out of content.  This is week 4 of Forsaken and I find myself struggling to maintain/grind 3 characters.  Before, there wasn't enough to do in Destiny 2, not there's too much to do, which is a wonderful thing.  

Again, this is just my opinion, being an avid fan of the entire Destiny universe, my view may seem biased, but there was about a 4 month time period where I stopped playing because of the lackluster content Bungie was putting out.  I would recommend checking out Houndish on YouTube, he puts out Destiny 2 content videos daily, you can get a peek of current goings on and of things to come, it could help persuade/dissuade to you a final decision if you're not steadfast on the never going to purchase again stance.

I'm not going to get it just out of spite. I wasted my money on the season pass assuming I would get at least one decent expansion (Like Destiny 1) instead I ended up with two half baked DLCs and the only real expansion getting sold for another $40.00 without even a discount for the people who wasted their money on the season pass. I will not waste another cent on this game even if I would love to play Forsaken. Just too shady for me to waste my money on. There are too many other excellent games.