Kamara next year

Vladimir L

This is a big NO! He’s turning down a deal that on avg pays him $12 mil a year bc he wants McCaffery money. We’d have to give up a first round pick - at the least - which could be a top 10 pick for us for a player who isn’t a running back who’s been able to be a true starting 3 down RB who CBA carry the ball 200 plus times a game. He’s never rushed for 1,000 yards in a season.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, turtle28 said:

This is a big NO! He’s turning down a deal that on avg pays him $12 mil a year bc he wants McCaffery money. We’d have to give up a first round pick - at the least - which could be a top 10 pick for us for a player who isn’t a running back who’s been able to be a true starting 3 down RB who CBA carry the ball 200 plus times a game. He’s never rushed for 1,000 yards in a season.

Yeah if were that bad we need a qb and I wouldnt give up a 1st for a back that isnt an every down back.

22 minutes ago, Vladimir L said:

Yeah if were that bad we need a qb and I wouldnt give up a 1st for a back that isnt an every down back.

On top of that, he wants Christian McCaffery $. So, we’d have to give up a likely top 10 pick - at best we are picking around 15 I think - and then he wants a 4 year, $60 plus million deal. 

That’s a hard no for me.

Unless Bryce Love shows he's better than Kamara, why wouldn't you want him? If you could replace Peterson with Kamara why wouldn't you do that? 

Adding a weapon like him only helps your QB and offense. Especially if Gibson is as good as it's been reported so far. Kamara gives Haskins 6.5 yards every passing play with his abilities catching the ball and running after the catch. A receiving group of Kamara, Sims Jr, Mclaruin, Gibson, Gandy-Golden and Harmon is something hard to stop on defense. Plus he gives you 6 yards on a running play. 

I don't know how Scott Turner wouldn't be able to do a lot of the things he did with Christian McCaffrey with Alvin Kamara. If he's available I hope they do sign. 

Edited by Skins212689

26 minutes ago, Vladimir L said:

Love cant rven beat out old man Peterson am hyped on  Gibson though

Let’s be honest, if Kamara was on our team he wouldn’t be starting over Peterson either. Peterson would start and then Kamara would spell him and be in on passing situations. 

Let’s not forget that Kamara’s first two years he was backing up Ingram and not taking a lot of first and second down carries. Even last year Latavias Murray and him split the carries. Murray 146 carries, a lot of them on first downs and short yardage. Kamara 171 carries in 14 games. 

Kamara has never even had over 200 carries in a season. 

1 minute ago, Skins212689 said:

Unless Bryce Love shows he's better than Kamara, why wouldn't you want him? If you could replace Peterson with Kamara why wouldn't you do that? 

Adding a weapon like him only helps your QB and offense. Especially if Gibson is as good as it's been reported so far. Kamara gives Haskins 6.5 yards every passing play with his abilities catching the ball and running after the catch. A receiving group of Kamara, Sims Jr, Mclaruin, Gibson, Gandy-Golden and Harmon is something hard to stop on defense. Plus he gives you 6 yards on a running play. 

I don't know how Scott Turner wouldn't be able to do a lot of the things he did with Christian McCaffrey with Alvin Kamara. If he's available I hope they do sign. 

The saints want a 1st round pick for him and Kamara wants a Christian McCaffery contract which is like 4 years and $60 million. 

Would you give up a possible top 10 pick and give him that kind of contract where he is making near $15 million a year? He’s not even an every down back, he hasn’t shown he can be as reliable as McCaffery. He’s never had a season where he had over 200 carries. He has had a bigger back like Ingram his first two years and last year with Murray taking most of the first and some down carries and taking the carries in short yardage.

• Like 1

Just now, turtle28 said:

Let’s be honest, if Kamara was on our team he wouldn’t be starting over Peterson either. Peterson would start and then Kamara would spell him and be in on passing situations. 

Let’s not forget that Kamara’s first two years he was backing up Ingram and not taking a lot of first and second down carries. Even last year Latavias Murray and him split the carries. Murray 146 carries, a lot of them on first downs and short yardage. Kamara 171 carries in 14 games. 

Kamara has never even had over 200 carries in a season. 

Ask Drew Brees would he want the Saints to keep Kamara. Kamara adds 6.5 yards per passing play and 6 yards on running plays. That's how I look at his numbers. 

Scott Turner has his new McCaffrey, not saying whose better individually just saying Kamara is just the kind of RB Scott Turner made a All Pro while in Carolina. 

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

The saints want a 1st round pick for him and Kamara wants a Christian McCaffery contract which is like 4 years and $60 million. 

Would you give up a possible top 10 pick and give him that kind of contract where he is making near $15 million a year? He’s not even an every down back, he hasn’t shown he can be as reliable as McCaffery. He’s never had a season where he had over 200 carries. He has had a bigger back like Ingram his first two years and last year with Murray taking most of the first and some down carries and taking the carries in short yardage.

I'm talking Free Agency. 

Just now, Skins212689 said:

Ask Drew Brees would he want the Saints to keep Kamara. Kamara adds 6.5 yards per passing play and 6 yards on running plays. That's how I look at his numbers. 

Scott Turner has his new McCaffrey, not saying whose better individually just saying Kamara is just the kind of RB Scott Turner made a All Pro while in Carolina. 

You realize that’s not a lot ypc right?

Look Kamara is a great player, he is not worth us losing likely top 10 pick and he’s not worth around $15 million a year. If he was a 1300 to 1500 a year rusher and on top of that a 600 yard plus receiver that’s a different story.

Last year he had 797 yards rushing a 4.7 yards per carry average and he had 533 receiving yards a 6.6 yard per reception average. He had 6 total TDs last year, 5 rushing and just 1 receiving.

6 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

I'm talking Free Agency. 

He’s not a free agent. If he ever becomes a free agent then, we can discuss that but that won’t be now. The Saints aren’t going to cut him and the Saints will probably franchise tag him next year if they can’t get a long term deal done or, they’ll trade in next offseason. 

9 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

He’s not a free agent. If he ever becomes a free agent then, we can discuss that but that won’t be now. The Saints aren’t going to cut him and the Saints will probably franchise tag him next year if they can’t get a long term deal done or, they’ll trade in next offseason. 

Who are you tell anyone when to discuss something. The title says Kamara Next Year. That's where my attention has been directed since my 1st post on the subject.