Kamara next year

Vladimir L

4 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

If he is talking triple option like Navy, it is drastically different. 

Those two could do it, the Shanahan’s stupidly had RG3 running it with Brandon Banks vs the Bengals and RG3 was knocked out of the game with a concussion.

I think in today’s game and really even back a decade ago Landry would’ve been better off used as a WLB in a 4-3 or a WILB in a 3-4, he had a LBs mentality and great speed to run down players from sideline to sideline. He had great speed but not the best hips especially when trying to cover ground as a FS vs the leagues best deep receivers, see Vick/DJax playaction play vs the eagles in the 2010 massacre.

9 hours ago, Woz said:

Tannehill got hot at the right time and leveraged that into a big contract. I think Tennessee is going to come to regret that move in a year or so.

Prescott is better, but for whatever reason, Jerry has never been sold on Dak. Jones tried to trade up to get Paxton Lynch and Connor Cook, but failed. They took Prescott as a fallback plan because they knew they needed someone to take over for Romo. He was third on the depth chart behind Romo and Kellen Moore.

Then Moore broke his leg. You would think this would lead to Dallas moving Dak up to the #2 spot. But no, Jones tried to get Cleveland to trade him Josh McCown. When that failed, they had Prescott compete for the backup job with Jameill Showers. While Showers was reportedly beating Prescott in training camp, the coaching staff allowed Prescott to start the first preseason game against the LA Rams. Dak proceeded to go 10-12 for 139 yards and two touchdowns.

Then Romo broke his back.

And Dak got the job.

Even now, having compiled a 40-24 record and two playoff appearances, though, Jones still doesn't seem to believe in Dak. It could be the price that Dak wants (he wants to be in that top tier). It could be Jones is getting a little slower thanks to the extra Johnnie Walker Blue pickling his liver. I don't know.

They should probably have paid him a year or two ago, but they've now wedged themselves into either paying top dollar or letting him walk. It's the Kirk Cousins Conundrum.

I don't have access to Luck's contract, but I doubt they paid him when they didn't have to. I suspect it was due to a roster bonus he was due in 2019, which he might have been already paid.

As for the other two QBs, both of their contracts expire after this season. Only person signed beyond 2020 is Jacob Eason, whom the Colts drafted in the 4th round this year.

So, they'll probably grab a veteran a la Ryan Fitzpatrick (he'll be available next season once the Dolphins hand over the reins to Tua) or Tyrod Taylor (same deal with Justin Herbert and the Chargers), go into the draft on the look out for a QB, but roll with vet/Eason as the competition if they are unlucky.

If Eason plays well, they'll have their guy. If he doesn't, they'll be in position in the 2022 draft.

Teams that absolutely need to be looking for a quarterback in the upcoming draft:

• Chicago
  • Indianapolis
  • Jacksonville

Teams that will looking aggressively for a quarterback (but may stay put with what they have depending on how the season turns out)

• Carolina
  • Las Vegas
  • New England
  • Pittsburgh

Teams that will jump on a QB if value falls to them (includes the group right above)

• New Orleans
  • Tampa Bay

Jacksonville is seemingly selling all of its assets to get to the top of the draft, but Indy there could impede them.

So when I say I see how "Some Player's" are treated differently than other's you pointed out/agree with me. This whole Prescott and Tannehill is a great example. 1 QB got paid and we both agree has a Great chance to regress while another QB had to play the "Brice game" in Dallas and is less likely to regress. Yet he has proven time and time again he can get the job done on the field with a 40-24 record when starting. 

Yes Indy paid money to Luck they could've kept.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/colts-leave-door-open-to-andrew-lucks-return-with-stunning-parting-gift-of-248-m-175525191.html

You have the Colts as 1of 3 teams who needs a QB in the 2021 draft. Yet the Colts more than likely won't be drafting until pick 20 or further down without a trade up. Watching what they do will be interesting to Me.  

I'm not on board with going into the next season with Fitz, Taylor, or Easton if I'm the Colts and Prescott is available. I go get Dak or try to move up for Fields or Lawrence if I'm the Colts. I've watched their draft specials and these guys don't mind making moves during the draft and Irsay is right there to Cheer his guys on. 

10 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

No, they chose not to claw back money they already paid Luck.

That's called "good PR spin" with a little bit of hope that they might help change Luck's mind.

In short, Indianapolis didn't screw the pooch with their star like Washington did.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Woz said:

No, they chose not to claw back money they already paid Luck.

That's called "good PR spin" with a little bit of hope that they might help change Luck's mind.

In short, Indianapolis didn't screw the pooch with their star like Washington did.

Washington has repeatedly screwed players and coaches.  Par for the course by the time it came to Cousins. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Washington has repeatedly screwed players and coaches.  Par for the course by the time it came to Cousins. 

Cousins was at a point offered a deal by SM in witch he turned down. Than Bet on himself and was awarded 84 million dollars guaranteed without any Playoffs wins on his resume. Blah Blahh Blahhh Blahh 

1 hour ago, mike23md said:

RB's are a dime a dozen and should not be paid 12M a year. I understand Kamara is fairly special, but his ability was maximized in the Saints offense. Not really in the market for a RB that we might already have on the roster with Gibson, Love and McKissic. 

Yep, I am cool drafting one early and getting five years out of them, but I'm not handing out that kind of extension to one, especially if they had a lot of college touches and touches while with us.  

Kirk was never offered a true market deal in DC for being one of the top QBs to hit free agency.

In 2016 they offered Kirk on avg what RG3 was getting paid if he had played on his 5th year option if we hadn’t cut him. And people complained about that, half of the forum wanted to let him walk for nothing & take the comp pick, a small group wanted to trade Kirk for a 1st round pick, some thought he should accept the deal and it was fair and others thought it was a cheap deal. I thought the deal wasn’t a good one considering Kirk had just come off the best year for a Washington QB since Brad Johnson in 1999.

He was worth more than that. 

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Kamara signed a five-year $75 million deal to remain in New Orleans.

The fact we got 12 pages out of a topic of a player leaving who is as important to his team as This was kinda crazy. But he’s critical to that franchise smart move. We def need one of these higher mid draft picks to pan out we’ve put resources into that position we need for the return on that investment

• Like 1