Kamara next year

Vladimir L

17 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Who are you tell anyone when to discuss something. The title says Kamara Next Year. That's where my attention has been directed since my 1st post on the subject. 

Good point. He still wants to be paid like a QB and I don’t think it’s a wise investment to pay a RB like a QB.

Edited by turtle28

10 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Top running backs get paid like middle of the road starting QBs nowadays. $15 million a year is QB money.

Dude just say you don't want them to pay him. Dak could get 35-40 million. Your really stretching here. 15-16 million a year is a lot less than what starting QB's are getting paid. 

Basically just another guy worried to much about Player's Money. The QB isn't the only 1 who should get paid in this Team Sport. Karma definitely can add to this team in a Positive way. 

I am a big believer in asset management.  I don't believe you give up a pick like a first rounder, only to turn around and hand out a big contract to that player.  I would rather keep the draft pick, and bring in someone via free agency.  

As far as running backs, the league still doesn't place a lot of value on them.  I would rather wait to make that big investment on a running back for a couple years until this team is on the cusp.  Then, we can spend a first rounder on an uber-talent like EE or Todd Gurley.  

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Dude just say you don't want them to pay him. Dak could get 35-40 million. Your really stretching here. 15-16 million a year is a lot less than what starting QB's are getting paid. 

Basically just another guy worried to much about Player's Money. The QB isn't the only 1 who should get paid in this Team Sport. Karma definitely can add to this team in a Positive way. 

Teddy Bridgewater just signed a contract that pays him $16 million on average a year with the Panthers, so matter what you believe paying a RB that much $ is like paying for an average to gooD starting QB in FA. I never said $15-16 million a year was like paying for a good to great aka top 10 QB. 

I question is Kamara can lead the team. He won’t be a starting RB, bc he’s never been able to carry the load as an every down back who can handle 250 plus carries a year.

If we need another RB next year bc Peterson is gone or retires, Gibson isn’t the guy or ends up being more of a WR and Love doesn’t show he can be a future starter this year, then we should draft a running back in the 2nd or 3rd round of next years draft.

Edited by turtle28

35 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Teddy Bridgewater just signed a contract that pays him $16 million on average a year with the Panthers, so matter what you believe paying a RB that much $ is like paying for an average to gooD starting QB in FA. I never said $15-16 million a year was like paying for a good to great aka top 10 QB. 

I question is Kamara can lead the team. He won’t be a starting RB, bc he’s never been able to carry the load as an every down back who can handle 250 plus carries a year.

If we need another RB next year bc Peterson is gone or retires, Gibson isn’t the guy or ends up being more of a WR and Love doesn’t show he can be a future starter this year, then we should draft a running back in the 2nd or 3rd round of next years draft.

He's a added piece to the offense. He's not expected to carry the load. He's expected to be a offensive weapon. Help push the ball down the field and get the offense in position to score. Take the same type of pressure he takes off of Drew Brees and do it for Dwanye Haskins. 

Even if your a Lawrence guy. He would do the same thing for Lawrence. Why are people so worried about money they don't even pay someone? The Goal is to Win a Super Bowl, how wouldn't a RB of Kamara talent help a team do that? 

Please stop talking about trading picks because the Thread Title doesn't even suggest that. If you want to consider the draft. RB isn't the position they will be looking at come 1st round. 2nd round picks consistently have failed here. You won't need to draft a RB if you sign Alvin in Free Agency.

16 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

He's a added piece to the offense. He's not expected to carry the load. He's expected to be a offensive weapon. Help push the ball down the field and get the offense in position to score. Take the same type of pressure he takes off of Drew Brees and do it for Dwanye Haskins. 

Even if your a Lawrence guy. He would do the same thing for Lawrence. Why are people so worried about money they don't even pay someone? The Goal is to Win a Super Bowl, how wouldn't a RB of Kamara talent help a team do that? 

Please stop talking about trading picks because the Thread Title doesn't even suggest that. If you want to consider the draft. RB isn't the position they will be looking at come 1st round. 2nd round picks consistently have failed here. You won't need to draft a RB if you sign Alvin in Free Agency.

You pretty much have to assume that Kamara is getting the franchise tag, which puts a trade on the table.  That means a team that signs him has to be willing to give up their first round pick in exchange for him, or work out a deal directly with the Saints for less.  Considering the Saints do not have another player worth tagging, and the increasing amount of "tag and trade" moves, Kamara is likely going to get moved for something and not be a free agent with no strings attached.  

As for money, sure, it's not my money, but look at most of the recent Super Bowl winning teams.  How many of them have invested huge money at the running back position?  You have to go back to 2013 and 2014 where the Ravens/Ray Rice and the Seahawks/Marshawn Lynch were highly-paid running backs.  But those are the exceptions, not the rules.  The Saints won theirs with a backfield of Pierre Thomas, Mike Bell and Reggie Bush. The Packers with James Starks, and the Giants had Brandon Jacobs and Ahmed Bradshaw for both of their wins.  The Patriots always have a diverse group of running backs.  The Chiefs won with an assortment of guys as well.  The Eagles won with Jay Ajayi, Wendell Smallwood and LeGarrett Blount.  Denver won with CJ Anderson and Ronnie Hillman.  

Most teams do not invest that much in the running back position.  Given the short shelf-life of running backs, I am opposed to handing them big-money contracts, but I am not opposed to using a high draft pick on a running back if the team is close to competing to maximize a talent like Ezeqiel Eliott or Todd Gurley on a rookie deal.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

You pretty much have to assume that Kamara is getting the franchise tag, which puts a trade on the table.  That means a team that signs him has to be willing to give up their first round pick in exchange for him, or work out a deal directly with the Saints for less.  Considering the Saints do not have another player worth tagging, and the increasing amount of "tag and trade" moves, Kamara is likely going to get moved for something and not be a free agent with no strings attached.  

As for money, sure, it's not my money, but look at most of the recent Super Bowl winning teams.  How many of them have invested huge money at the running back position?  You have to go back to 2013 and 2014 where the Ravens/Ray Rice and the Seahawks/Marshawn Lynch were highly-paid running backs.  But those are the exceptions, not the rules.  The Saints won theirs with a backfield of Pierre Thomas, Mike Bell and Reggie Bush. The Packers with James Starks, and the Giants had Brandon Jacobs and Ahmed Bradshaw for both of their wins.  The Patriots always have a diverse group of running backs.  The Chiefs won with an assortment of guys as well.  The Eagles won with Jay Ajayi, Wendell Smallwood and LeGarrett Blount.  Denver won with CJ Anderson and Ronnie Hillman.  

Most teams do not invest that much in the running back position.  Given the short shelf-life of running backs, I am opposed to handing them big-money contracts, but I am not opposed to using a high draft pick on a running back if the team is close to competing to maximize a talent like Ezeqiel Eliott or Todd Gurley on a rookie deal.  

Why would you assume he's getting Tagged if they can't afford to pay him? Did the Panthers and Bengals not just lock in on RB's for thier QBs? Yes. 

A RB is very important to thr growth of a young QB no matter who it is. Barley is a huge Asset to Daniel Jones. Ingram and the Ravens ability to run the ball Both with Lamar and him help that offense. 

Name RB's you'd take over Kamara other than Barkley or Mccaffrey. 

Washington still could have a good group of guys in the backfield with Kamara added. Bryce Love, Antonio Gibson along with Kamara. Love and Gibson are currently the only RB's we should project to be here in the future aka 3 years from now. Kamara stabilizes this position for the next 4-5 years. 

Edited by Skins212689

19 hours ago, turtle28 said:

He’s not a free agent. If he ever becomes a free agent then, we can discuss that but that won’t be now. The Saints aren’t going to cut him and the Saints will probably franchise tag him next year if they can’t get a long term deal done or, they’ll trade in next offseason. 

they cant afford him