Kamara next year

Vladimir L

18 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I am a big believer in asset management.  I don't believe you give up a pick like a first rounder, only to turn around and hand out a big contract to that player.  I would rather keep the draft pick, and bring in someone via free agency.  

It's not like it hasn't backfired on us a number of times.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

Why would you assume he's getting Tagged if they can't afford to pay him? Did the Panthers and Bengals not just lock in on RB's for thier QBs? Yes. 

A RB is very important to thr growth of a young QB no matter who it is. Barley is a huge Asset to Daniel Jones. Ingram and the Ravens ability to run the ball Both with Lamar and him help that offense. 

Name RB's you'd take over Kamara other than Barkley or Mccaffrey. 

Washington still could have a good group of guys in the backfield with Kamara added. Bryce Love, Antonio Gibson along with Kamara. Love and Gibson are currently the only RB's we should project to be here in the future aka 3 years from now. Kamara stabilizes this position for the next 4-5 years. 

The issue with Kamara isn’t his ability, he’s a very, very talented & versatile running back. The issue is the cost he’ll command in free agency and if that cost is worth it. There’s also an issue bc he hasn’t proven he can be a starring RB who can consistently handle 15 plus carries a game and first down/short yardage carries. 

If he’s going to cost what McCaffery did, I say Kamara isn’t worth it bc he hasn’t proven he can be a workhorse like McCaffery and stay healthy. If you’re paying a running back on avg around $16 million a year, that running back better be capable of getting you 1100-1500 yards rushing a year w/ 10 plus TDs on the ground & 800 plus yards reviving a year with a handful of TDs receiving.

Kamara has not proven he can be that kind of running back.

I’m very interested to see what Antonio Gibson gives us as a RB/WR combo as @HTTRDynasty said bc he may be that kind of guy for us. I really can’t wait to find out what kind of player he will become.

Running backs who get over 1000 rushing yards a year that I’d take over Kamara:

1. Derrick Henry
2. Christian McCaffery

3. Nick Chubb
4. Ezekiel Elliot

5.  Saquan Barkley

6. Mark Ingram

7. Chris Carson

8. Josh Jacobs 

9. Joe Mixon

10. Dalvin Cook

11. Aaron Jones

12. Clyde Edwards-Helaire
13. Josh Dobbins 

The last two, I project to be 1000 yard backs if/when they get the carries. Edwards-Helaire is also a good receiver.

Edited by turtle28

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

The issue with Kamara isn’t his ability, he’s a very, very talented & versatile running back. The issue is the cost he’ll command in free agency and if that cost is worth it. There’s also an issue bc he hasn’t proven he can be a starring RB who can consistently handle 15 plus carries a game and first down/short yardage carries. 

If he’s going to cost what McCaffery did, I say Kamara isn’t worth it bc he hasn’t proven he can be a workhorse like McCaffery and stay healthy. If you’re paying a running back on avg around $16 million a year, that running back better be capable of getting you 1100-1500 yards rushing a year w/ 10 plus TDs on the ground & 800 plus yards reviving a year with a handful of TDs receiving.

Kamara has not proven he can be that kind of running back.

I’m very interested to see what Antonio Gibson gives us as a RB/WR combo as @HTTRDynasty said bc he may be that kind of guy for us. I really can’t wait to find out what kind of player he will become.

Running backs who get over 1000 rushing yards a year that I’d take over Kamara:

1. Derrick Henry
2. Christian McCaffery

3. Nick Chubb
4. Ezekiel Elliot

5.  Saquan Barkley

6. Mark Ingram

7. Chris Carson

8. Josh Jacobs 

9. Joe Mixon

10. Dalvin Cook

11. Aaron Jones

12. Clyde Edwards-Helaire
13. Josh Dobbins 

The last two, I project to be 1000 yard backs if/when they get the carries. Edwards-Helaire is also a good receiver.

He's gonna get signed top RB money the fact Money is a issue to you doesn't matter. His asking for what the Market for his position is. His versatility makes him worth the money. 

Edited by Skins212689

On 9/2/2020 at 8:16 PM, turtle28 said:

Top running backs get paid like middle of the road starting QBs nowadays. $15 million a year is QB money.

12-15 mil for a game changing player isnt alot of money

he is worth around 1500 all purpose yards as is and new orleans isnt a running team he hasnt bern asked to carry the ball 20 times per game this also means he is relatively fresh

12 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

That extra pick we threw in for Portis still stings. 

While it does, if we had used it on who Shanahan did, it wouldn’t have stung at all. If we just swap in the player that was selected with that pick, Tatum Bell, that really doesn’t mean much. What sucks is we lost Champ Bailey but he didn’t want to be here anyway and in return we also did get a great running back who was better than a Betts/Bell combination.

Just now, turtle28 said:

While it does, if we had used it on who Shanahan did, it wouldn’t have stung at all. If we just swap in the player that was selected with that pick, Tatum Bell, that really doesn’t mean much. What sucks is we lost Champ Bailey but he didn’t want to be here anyway and in return we also did get a great running back who was better than a Betts/Bell combination.

It's asset management.  In a swap for two young stars- where we gave up the superstar- we shouldn't have had to throw in a draft pick, much less a second rounder.  If anything, due to the difference between RB and CB, we should have received something with Portis. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Vladimir L said:

12-15 mil for a game changing player isnt alot of money

he is worth around 1500 all purpose yards as is and new orleans isnt a running team he hasnt bern asked to carry the ball 20 times per game this also means he is relatively fresh

It’s a lot of money for a running back who’s not providing near or over 2000 yards a season who isn’t a starting every down back. 

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

It's asset management.  In a swap for two young stars- where we gave up the superstar- we shouldn't have had to throw in a draft pick, much less a second rounder.  If anything, due to the difference between RB and CB, we should have received something with Portis. 

100% agree. Just saying, Tatum Bell was awful and in the end that’s who we are complaining about losing and at the same time Champ Bailey wasn’t going to re-sign here.

That trade worked out better for us than what Bruce Allen did in the Kirk Cousins & Trent Williams situations for example. 

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Portis carried this team something Champ couldnt do.

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

This is what I keep saying.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Vladimir L said:

Different positions. I’d say if we didn’t have Champ Bailey as a rookie in 1999 that we don’t come w/in a FG of getting to the NFC Championship game. Teams rarely threw against him, he was a shut down corner who took away half of the field for your defense which is huge.

Also, you can’t ignore that Champ Bailey was a first ballot Hall of Fame player and Portis isn’t a Hall of Fame player. Champ vs Portis straight up you take Champ but Champ didn’t want to be here anymore.

5 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

This is what I keep saying.

15 years ago I think it’s debatable to say that running back was a more important position than corner unless you had a shut down corner which, Champ was one.

15 years ago was not today’s NFL in the way that teams relied and valued their running backs. Just look at the great running backs and great teams from last decade, each of them had a great back.

12 hours ago, Vladimir L said:

To be fair, Portis was a square peg in a round hole, but even if he was in a different offense than the Coryell, he's probably not a Hall of Fame player.  Bailey is a first ballot guy who was at the top of the league at his position for over a decade.  

Even though Bailey didn't want to be here anymore, it's still one of the worst trades in NFL history, and one of the worst trades in all sports.