NFL Season Opener: TNF Texans @ Chiefs GDT

patriotsheatyan

22 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Tunsil was a top 3 OL in pass blocking per PFF. There was a five game stretch last season where Watson was hit once.

Tunsil, Tytus Howard and Max Scharping made a huge difference.

The narrative that the Texans OL can't pass block is as tired as the narrative that Lamar Jackson is a RB who throws the ball - it's been somewhat disproven.

we'll see. they'll be tested against that front 7 that much is sure.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, berlin calling said:

we'll see. they'll be tested against that front 7 that much is sure.

No doubt, this isn't the start of another long streak of no sacks. Howard is going to be tested early coming back from his MCL sprain that ended his season, so there's a chance it could be a challenge.

This being said, this isn't 2017 when the Texans gave up close to 20 sacks in two games.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chargers said:

Chiefs. Andy Reid with a entire off-season to prepare is dangerous match-up. Unless they can run the ball on the Chiefs, the Texans are going to be in for a long day.

I think Reid is something like 6-1 in week one since he came here. Definitely a good point.

14 hours ago, Danger said:

What makes you say the ladder? I think their defense is above average, but I wouldn't call it anything close to Elite, personally.

I think he's going for the jinx. However, our defense is better than given credit for. After Frank Clark got healthy and the team started playing more than thinking, they improved a lot. The first 7-10 games they were still learning Spag's defense. The second half of the season they were dominant. I'm not saying I expect that to continue. But historically, Steve Spagnuolo defenses are always at their best in year 2.

They gave up 24 points a game over their first 10 games in defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo’s system before dropping to a league-low 11.5 points per game aver the the final six contests of the regular season...

The Chiefs’ run defense had been pretty below average this season allowing 25th most runs yards per game at 123.9 yards... Kansas City’s defensive line has been playing very well recently allowing only 95.7 rush yards per game over the last three games, which ranks them eighth in the NFL. The Chiefs defensive line is lead by defensive tackle Chris Jones. Jones is the big man in the middle for Kansas City, leading the team with 9 sacks. Kansas City has the 11th most sacks in the 2019 NFL season with 45...

The key to the Chiefs’ defensive improvement has been the secondary. Kansas City has ballhawks in their secondary, who have the fifth most interceptions in the league with 16.

A mix of quotes from pre-week 17 and playoffs to give a rough idea of why there's optimism.

8 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

I think Reid is something like 6-1 in week one since he came here. Definitely a good point.

Including blowing out NE in a terrifying display of offensive firepower at Foxboro. Shut us the hell up, that did.

Edited by Hunter2_1